What.cd is kill

twitter.com/whatcd/status/799361175117070336

OH SHI-

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/whatcd/status/799435387634614272
pastebin.com/9aQXmRyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great, so my data is in who knows who's hands now.

Welcome to 5 hours ago, retard.

PRIVATE KEK TRACKER ELITIST KEKS BTFO

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH LOOOOOOOOOOOL

312KEK KYS

Took fucking long enough, I swear. What sucks is I had made a request like 2 years ago for one specific album and it just got posted for me a few days ago but I've been on a VPN and What.cd wouldn't let me get the fucking file for their own stupid dumbass reasons.

Fuck 'em.

no

Good.

fuck whatcd and fuck a free internet

they said they are destroying everything.

So they were raided but they had time to destroy the data first?

tthey raided proxy servers which don't store anything incriminating for users. when they raided those useless servers [in terms of user data] what.cd pulled the plug and erased everything on the servers which hold account info and all that good stuff.

>So they were raided
twitter.com/whatcd/status/799435387634614272

Source of that?

i've seen a bunch of posts that it was "reverse proxy" servers that were raided - and that what.cd wouldnt be stupid enough to store user data with that company in france.

what.cd has made multiple posts that they wiped the user data.

can't prove either but thats the word going around.

Can't wait to see how much the admins made off stealing donations

>join our super secret club they said
>take an interview they said
>what's the worst that could happen

THAT'S WHAT YOU DESERVE FOR DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL SHIT (o:

Sucks, but it couldn't happen to a nicer group of elitist ratiocucks.

Meanwhile, Pirate Bay is still going strong after I don't even know how many fucking raids.

Information wants to be free.

WHERE DO I GET MY MUSIC NOW?

Rutracker

I used that before whatcd they don't have shit.

Then buy the music fag.

cyber criminals BTFO

I don't care I long got all the music I wanted.

Anything else I can grab on slsk or public trackers.

Nothing of value was lost with what.cd shutting down

>music is no longer for sale anywhere
What now?

Discogs or suicide.

PTG NEETS BTFO ONCE AGAIN HEHEHEHEHEHE

I expect everyone to upload their shit to piratebay

Finally pretentiousness falls, may something equitable takes its place

>tfw joined a year ago
>sitewide freeleech begins first month of membership
>download over 6,000 albums
>set for life
>over 500 gb+ buffer
>feelsgood.jpg
>WCD is kill

welp, at least I got most of the music I wanted

Nah they will just make another one which will die in a week. Like they would ever give their super secret shit to the public after obscuring it for so long.

I expect them to run to one of the smaller music trackers like waffles in the mean time.

There is probably a small army of what.cd neets who are frantically trying to setup another site to be elitist on because their life now has no meaning.

Hopefully the result is a more public tracker, but I expect more rampant elitism secret club

taking an interview to download warez

lelelelelel cuck.cd fags

It's pretty hilarious how many anons aren't even trying to hide how butthurt they are for never getting an invite

I've never even used what.cd but it's still pretty sad that it went down.

True.

Man these ptg NEETs are way over their heads
>Muh super secrit hax torrent club
>FBI can't POSSIBLY get invited
>Paying to torrent
LMFAO

>w-we deleted everything! Honest.

Enjoy your v& when the admins get snatched up and make a deal.

I got into what after doing their interview. I never downloaded anything after joining because of their stupid-ass ratio system.

Ratios are for cucks.

Literally everything is for sale always, and i don't mean that as the Internet "literally" i mean literally Literally. You just aren't trying hard enough.

What album?

nice try, whatcuck

I got 5 invites during its existence but always got b& for ratiomastering my way to the top

>v&
>downloading uncopyrighted torrent metadata

How about not paying to torrent?

>they had to rip shitty albums from bandcamp so they could download what they wanted unless there was freeleech

wew

Good riddance. Hopefully someone will make a new one with a sensible ratio system.

I think they're fine being strict on rules (not to the degree they do) but it's just dumb how it takes so much just to join

Beyond what jealously is you need to realize the insanity and oppression of these trackers when they could easily go without

hope my anime isn't next

I ws overdressed for the what interview so they didn't let me join guess these fags never seen a true armani suit with a Dior tie.

Perhaps when you start to hit a ratio below 1:1. your download speed is throttled and continues to decrease as the ratio gets lower. More peers you have more seeders you get to connect to. Not sure how this could be implemented if it were possible but I think that would be fair and would encourage seeding.

Forgot to mention the higher your ratio is the more peers you get or something like that.

How about just getting extra ratio for time spent seeding? works way better when you only share 500MB files that building a proper ratio is impossible on

BCG had the best bonus/ratio system if you leave your torrents 24/7.

It's not hard. Everyone knows someone with a invite. I asked on fb and multiple people offered a invite.

Worst case you do a stupid interview but fuck that.

Stop acting like what.cd was a good way to run a private tracker.

> One free leech a year
> what.cd picks like 6 times a year that are shitty music cause what.cd mods have bad taste.
> Anyone with a big ratio has a seed box and starves anyone who doesn't do it
> People wonder why folks dislike what.cd

Only way I got the music I wanted was free leeches. I lucked out and shortly after being invited a free leech hit, and then after that seeded 24/7 to have enough ratio to pick up a album I really wanted, but I mostly just bookmarked for the next free leech.

What.cd should have had points for seeding and had a diminshing system for encouraging folks with crazy ratios to download stuff or put it to bounty's

There is no reason someone having massive buffers. It actively hurts the community.

They should drink bleach.

That's not how the torrent protocol works.

This whole concept of ratios and private trackers is anathema to torrents anyways. Torrents are about rapid, efficient, distributed information sharing, not l33t seekrit clubs.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of the secrit clubs either I don't use them or really torrent anymore. I was just spit balling a system which a bunch of neets could use without it being complete shit. I do admit I lack knowledge on how the protocol works in detail so I thought it would be too good to be true.

>Can't wait to see how much the admins made off stealing donations

1. spend countless unpaid hours keeping the website wunning
2. fear for your liberty when it's seized by the police
3 profit!

i have a decent connection, maintain good 2x upload ratios on all the private sites im on, but just maintaining a 1 ratio on what was a complete pain in the ass for me, i just gave up at some point because it just wasn't worth the effort and it was almost impossible to compete against all the fucks with seedboxes starving the pools.

Waffles.ch (formerly .fm) has also been down for well over a month. Could it have met the same fate?

The short version why it's not possible is that the clients in the swarm negotiate transfers among themselves - the tracker is not involved in the process.

>Got in because of CBT invite thread
>Got PU
>Never really used it
I still have waffles, I'll live

they haven't made any announcements so i'm biting my tongue. they've had hosting problems for a while, but now that what is dead i wouldn't be surprised if it lights a fire under their ass and they get it back in shape

or they could just say fuck it....

Or maybe not...

Exactly what I was thinking. Waffles now has the chance to rise to the top.

I'm in the same boat. Some weeks I didn't even get 100mb up , seeding 4000 torrents. That's fucked.

Everyone there had the stuff they wanted, so new users seeding get nothing except from other new users.

I seeded stuff where I was the only seed most of the time or there were 1 or 2 other folks. Why am I not rewarded for keeping torrents alive? I get way more ratio seeding super popular stuff that doesn't need more seeders.

i literally read the interview thing once and went into an interview and got in within the hour, i dont get what all the fuss is about

but yeah today is a sad day, i don't even wanna thing about all the music that was lost forever

the funny thing is, for the first 3 or so years after oink died, waffles was the best music tracker. then what came out with gazelle and they quickly became #1. i think the interview system was more to do with that though, anyone could get in what if they just read up on some stuff, waffles was strictly invite only

I've always used public trackers and have never had a problem

that's the problem with private trackers with strict rules
you create a community where nobody downloads stuff

that's why I like private trackers that offer open registration during the year, bonuses for users and generous freeleech windows; you recyle your users and don't make them hostages of their ratios

Lel

i really dont understand why they didn't implement the point system. it's completely reasonable. i'm looking through my client right now and i've had torrents from what seeding for half a year and they aren't even .2. lol.

FUCK ALL OF YOU FROGS

FUCKING FRANCE. Take your baguettes and berets and shitty accent and liberal bullshit and shove it.

I can't even explain how mad I am at EVERY god damn frog on this planet. I already hated the French but this settles it.

True. I guess the gazelle interface was that much more appealing. Waffles stayed behind with the old Oink interface. I do hope Waffles comes back.

Big fuss is that you're taking a fucking test to get free music.

It's also as stupid as sites that have a pay for invite. Pay for ratio credit.

Yeah they're alright but there's no quality control and poisoned swarms are literally everywhere. I've gotten 3 strikes now from the six strike program because I used Popcorn Time to stream a couple of movies.

desu i like the oink/waffles interface, i don't have problems with it

i pretty much never used 80% of the stuff in gazelle. the artist pages were nicely organized with all the different album sections and stuff like that, but to me it really wasn't that big of a deal. i'm just used to the standard oink/waffles layout

one of the comments is like
>I was a member for 10 years
now your twitter profile is on a list

Good they are a bunch of cunts

asking for interviews and shit.

>buttmad whatcuck
I'm glad the frogs shut down that autistic shithole.

I refuse to use streaming services or DRM services.

Where can I buy stuff that doesn't distribute the files similar to Bandcamp?

There is no reason you can't have a tracker that does quality control. What.cd could have done this, just be a open tracker with quality control.

Despite what people say, folks usually seed because they want to give back.

>mfw you realize that some music is already free

Good night sweet prince. You will be missed.

>I've gotten 3 strikes now from the six strike program
What is this?

> Mfw music that was free was on what.cd and wasn't Freeleech

>asking for interviews and shit.
pastebin.com/9aQXmRyQ

This is why I've always been opposed to private trackers, they're pretty much a donation scam and they hurt file sharing more than they help by fragmenting it and isolating it.

Public sites like kickass or piratebay have survived thanks to being more of an idea rather than a file sharing cuckshed

What's worse is that gtards love private trackers and call themselves redpilled

>all this butthurt

hilarious, and those people pretending they were in are just sad

>donation scam
are you retarded? no, seriously

>they're cunts for asking me to know something and actually contribute rather than just downloading everything I want and never seeding

What never needed fags like you. And what's replacement won't either.

What and waffles replaced oink...think about this, the internet (or some open network data sharing equivalent) will exist for the rest of human's history, people will like music for the rest of our history, and people like downloading for free.

You can't fight the inevitable. And what's successor will go down some day. And then it will have yet another successor. I am utterly pissed that what.cd is dead, but it was only one of many. We will be pirating flacs and v0 and have great music collages and similar artists pages and the great What community again, soon. Pirates always win. Even Denuvo was cracked....we get hurtles throw our way but we never stop running.

Also, fuck all of you frogs.

But what about the leech to upload ratio? And all the poisoned swarms that would arise? Look at RARBG their content is quite good but the contributions are atrocious.

>mfw people paid to pirate free music

Yes they are cunts for this. It's free music, not the sat.

You don't need to know what the different formats are. All you need to know is to seed and why it's important.

When you upload stuff you can take a interview.

>they hurt file sharing more than they help by fragmenting it and isolating it.
The counterargument to this is that private trackers promote quality and longevity of their content by being so restrictive. Public sites have pretty much no quality control plus potentially thousands of dead torrents.

and all of you will join the new tracker about to be made, to later complain like little bitches for not getting special treatment or because things are not the way you want

>We will be pirating flacs and v0
RIP V2 for good, although it was pretty dead when whatcd existed

kickass was public and had enough quality control to become the most popular tracker in the world.

>butthurt for not getting an invite

Good thing having an invite and not having an invite is the same now.
And if you haven't got an invite you won't even get a knock on the door from the feds :D

You best hope they destroyed it better than Hillary did her e-mails, cuz they have literally every transaction from the beginning of time from IP history to download and upload lists stored.

You don't need everyone to seed.

Poisoned swarms are a issue, but easily solved with a VPN or living in a non cucked country.

It's not like stuff on public trackers isn't seeded.

Part of why some public trackers have poor seeding on less popular stuff is the people who would seed it would rather use that bandwidth to build ratio on private trackers.

Private trackers cucks are the worst for being Jews on public trackers.