/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Old thread: >New to /ptg/? Have an inquiry? Consult the wiki or the PDF before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf

>If you have a question, check Google. If you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

>Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
pastebin.com/dD3cqWKc

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before, though most claims of being staff are false
>staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>sneaky bastards will try to convince you that cheating can be evaded. It can't and you will be banned and everyone will laugh at you
>people claim to report emails and other personal info posted here to staff to get you banned
>most of the invite offers here are people trolling you with false hope - begging for invites is a waste of time

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=>paying to pirate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for what ratiocucks on suicide watch.

what.cd will be replaced, and this isn't a guess or suspicion

12 WHAT.CD REVERSE PROXIES SEIZED IN FRANCE (OVH SERVERS)
GGn FULL BACKUP & WIPE IN ORDER TO REGROUP (ALSO USED OVH; CONCERNED)

Add this shit to the OP headers, retards

im pretty sure what is coming back, maybe not with the same name but hey will come back

reeeeeeeeeeeeee why did they take Feral down?

>coming back
Yeah, a new site idiot.
Everything is lost.

why are you still posting? seriously, what the fuck are you sharing that's not on rutracker?
- ex bcg and wcd member

Within a couple of weeks there'll be a replacement. Elite TMs have got a backup plan in place I believe

_lemon_ is a faggot and accidentally the front end
feral is actually still up and running but you need to have your password saved
idiots

>Elite TMs have got a backup plan in place I believe
No that was a rumour which was dismissed by an elite tm on bib.

W-what happened to my 8 freeleech tokens on what.cd?

RRRRREEEEEEEEE

I have everything, just a little worried since OVH was told to take Feral's frontend offline by the French legal team.

now i'm just a fucking peasant PU on all my other trackers.

i watch tv and movies but i can actually CONTRIBUTE music.

someone make a new one asap and don't let it have a shit name.

What.cd was iconic.

I need to access my browsers offline cache and screenshot, I'm on a RPi using Epiphany, any known solution? Can I install Firefox to access Epiphany's cache?

lol. you won't get into the new site with just a screenshot. it will be high userclass members of other sites only.

jrsdead and tehlarsie never replied, so now i only have tehc, mam and ab. do i have to grind weeb to get into any worthwhile kino trackers now?

if I were you I would backup everything I had in the seedbox and then wipe it.

Maybe AudioNews will be the new successor

>I'm on a RPi using Epiphany
wtf bro

ptp is only PU at the moment

I still want it for just me.

Unlikely

What

dont worry they will be extended

>still have the page open
pls help I never want to close it ;_;

>they said it was useless
>they said it was redundant
>we have wcd they said

is there a better.php for AB?

I just wiped everything. My ratio is like 200 anyway. I'll just start over when things clear up. I wonder what the legal fallout will be from this.

;_;

Never let go.

you deserve this

mutracker wasn't very good though, had an account and ended up not using at all because it barely had what I wanted.

it wasn't very good because YOU didn't contribute

>mutracker wasn't very good though
True, but that's because everything (content, users, etc) was centralized in WCD.
Waffles was not good either. Now we have nothing, even mutracker would be better than nothing.

did what press the self-destroy button? should I delete my remaining announcing wcd torrents just to be safe?

just add 0.0.0.0 tracker.what.cd to your hosts file
save the torrents for archival purposes, they will prove useful in the coming weeks

>did what press the self-destroy button?
yes
>should I delete my remaining announcing wcd torrents just to be safe?
What still own the domain, its not like you're announcing straight to the NSA

Does anybody really care that WCD is gone? We complained about it here all the time like it was a chore to use it. Maybe its successor will be way better.

"we" being the same 5 users shitposting the same thing
the simple fact is it had every release of music or software I wanted and I had more than enough buffer to snatch 50x my total download

>Maybe its successor will be way better.
You'll need a long time until a tracker gets a wcd equivalent catalog.

It had a HUGE amount of Music. Many obscure shit might be lost forever.

if the next wcd is only recruitng from cabal sites, you guys without btn/ptp (but had wcd) are fucked

It was not just the only site with a decent selection of flac and multiple editions of a lot of albums, but also the main way I discovered new music - through artist recommendations, comments, personal collages, etc.
So yeah

Yes, every time I wanted music, it could be found in What. I had a huge buffer too, so no need to wait for freeleeches or anything.

I have ptp but no contribution whatsoever ;_;

only the new users struggling to get ratio buffer complained about it

This. I was actually a elite TM (got it automatically uploading bandcamp shit). With more than 350GB of buffer.

>got it automatically uploading bandcamp shit
kys

>every time I wanted music, it could be found in What
Actually, no. What failed me more often than Youtube or Soulseek.

authorities can't get to any data stored on seedboxes unless the subpoena feral themselves because literally everything other than the front end web server is hosted in-house

That means you could have easily requested it.

You mad?

How would you guys solve the ratio inequality problem? Clearly with how hard it was for your average user to get a decent buffer on What this needs to be addressed. How do you better encourage seeding and community involvement.

>decent buffer on What
>hard

A slow tick BP system

But if they subpoena Feral, we would never know. It would be trivial for them to include a gag order with the subpoena.

Great advice, sensei. I'll be sure to use that argument in the future whenever I need to defend some crappy who-gives-a-shit tracker that's less useful than public trackers from Sup Forums's mockery.

I very much doubt any services related to feral would still be up and accessible if they were served and even if they were feral is outside of French jurisdiction (other than the OVH-hosted web server) so we'd have to be looking at some serious interpol shit if they were served

It wasn't hard with a seedbox.
I had 800gb up, 300 down and an additional 400gb or so of upload spent on requests without really trying

See:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=>paying to pirate

How often does the AsianDVDclub take applications?

>buffer matters in a fucking music tracker
kys

No matter how slow it is it will always be too easy if you get buffer for nothing.

apparently they've been closed for over a year

Not everyone wants to get a seedbox though.
Some would just like to use a tracker not unlike a library, where they can casually expand their knowledge/tastes and support the facilitation of that for others. Not everyone should have to be a power user to reap the benefits.

>seedbox
fuck off

Fuck.

avistaz doesn't have the film(s) I'm looking for (An 80's japanese film and its 2005 remake/sequel called "Heart, Beating in the Dark"), and someone in /t/ said it's available on asianDVDclub but I don't have an account.

shieettt

>without really trying
>paid for a seedbox

the problem with that is that people can limit their upload to nothing and still get that free buffer.

>10 dollars a month for unlimited media is too much

Why should I have a problem with that?
I used What.CD because it was better than any alternative, not because it was free.
I also host a mail server on the same box among other things - it's not just for pirating

And that's a great idea in theory, but there is a reason that no other site comes close to What in terms of quality, and that's because they're too easy to seed on (or don't require it).
On What there is a real incentive to upload, fill requests, and seed for a long time. Not just download anything whenever you like, seed for 48 hours then stop and give nothing back to the community

so whats up with feral?
rumours are they are in bed with WCD and have to cut all ties now to save what can be saved.

>unlimited
nice meme, you're better off spending that money on netflix/spotify.

what were you looking for?

:(

even if one were to pay -
wcd > spotify
ptp > netflix

the content selection is without question better

>Unarchive 10 anthologies from the giant ass collage some autistic kid made trying to get VIP.
>Get the easy ass upload credit because everything is freeleech
>Wait for PU
>Wait 6 months to get into PTP
>Wait 6 months to get into BTN
See you in a year

anybody have the what.cd eac setup guide?

I can confirm it's in ADC.

>netflix/spotify
>low bitrate loosy music
>bit starved video

Thanks but no.

God dammit ;_;

Tell me, user. Are they both there or just one of them? I have to know.

I just had the sinking realization that their guides are all gone too.

on KG

I have a clone account.

I accept PayPal

you need to get into AB first and after interviews were closed all the easy invites that floated around 4ch and reddit suddenly disappeared

once you are in its even easier to get PU compared to What

Just email the French police, they'll give you a copy.

I had both the setup and ripping guide open but closed the tabs a few hours ago and it's gone from cache now
I'd be interested in this too if someone has it

I imagine someone has that stuff saved. Also stuff like the rules and so forth should be used for whatever comes next. Be silly to do all that from scratch.

how much?

i liked mutracker.

i made like 6 uploads at the time.

every torrent site takes time to get going.

oh well. i was a member of opp back in the day and was a solid 8-9 year what.cd member.

when opp shut down, like 4 other sites popped up which were ok until what.cd ultimately proved best.

i'm sure the same will happen this time. just need to wait and see.

214 pesos :^)

$50

eat a dick

Both.

no u

Hmm, it's really tempting but not in my budget atm (poor in college atm), thanks for the offer though. Maybe someday I'll find them

kys

I don't know who's who anymore

Oppaitime invites are open via irc right? That place is filled with ab users, I'm not PU(or whatever retarded name it is there), but there might be an unofficial thread with members offering ab invites. That or circle jerk the forums a bit and get one.