I have the option to learn some Chinese or Russian...

I have the option to learn some Chinese or Russian. I already learned some (albeit extremely little) Russian on Duolingo, and I hear Mandarin is hard.
Is (worse) Chinese or (better) Russian best for a technical career?
Russia has high technological skill level, but China has the entire culture of not caring about RE/copyright which I like.

>Is (worse) Chinese or (better) Russian best for a technical career?
No.
If you're a westerner, you've got nothing to worry.

Which one of them is better? Both definitely have some use.

Learn Russian :3 You will then be able to talk with me natively :3

kot blini blyad

poshjol nahui nastja, ne nada udalit dlja vnimanije

fuck off attention whore

Chinese is very simple when it comes to grammar, but forget about learning the symbols.

Russian is nice language and pretty similar to many european langauges (i.e. slavic languages).

So I'd say russian is more fun and a better personal choice, but chinese is better career-wise.

Despite (arguably) still being a major world power, Russia is a borderline third-world shithole, and its economy is going straight down the crapper. I'm not sure what career opportunities you honestly expect to find by knowing how to speak Russian.

The U.S. and China (assuming you're from the U.S.) have incredibly strong economic ties despite having a shitty diplomatic relationship. So knowledge of Mandarin Chinese would probably be of considerable usefulness to an American businessman.

That's not my name though. . And it should have been Nastiya.

fuck off, i'm using my own countries transcription rules not your retarded half-french fancy bullshit with y-s instead on j-s and so on

Fuck of Nastja Jegorovitš

>half-french
What? Я is YA

ja is fucking ja you retard.

ja ne dumal što t6 takaja idiot, posjol nahui pašalusta

But Russia has skilled coders. I think chinese would be more useful as well, but will I learn enough for it to actually be useful? Would it be useful if I don't know the symbols?

I'm from Sweden.

šentšin6 gavarjat kogda kuritsa pisajet

>But Russia has skilled coders

I don't think Russian programmers are in demand anywhere besides Russian intelligence agencies.

You pronounce Я as YA not JA as in "jasmine", debil...

oioi, she said it now, fuck off slut, you may speak when fucking chicken start peeing.

also you're retarded if you think in my country we say ja as dža as those fucking anglos.
kys, just kys.

Just so you know, the chicken actually does pee.

Well, the Chinese are actually creating programming languages that work better with Chinese than English, I don't know if the same is happening with Russia, but that'd be a point for learning Chinese.

maybe russian ones like you
but i only ever saw them shit with some extra fluids during childhood (yes i lived in a farm, parents still do), it aint the same citysljuha

Someone post that greentext story with steel and stuff that tells you not to learn Mandarin.

You're an idiot. You have ж for ~j

So you're a peasant, good to know.. explains the attitude.

yeh, and you're a female, explains the namefagging and attentionwhoring in every thread you post in

Go all in on Chinese.

President Trump guarantees this is going to be the Chinese century.

jebeni slaveni

you mean ž, like in žukov?
kys, you don't know which countries transliteration i'm using, so fuck off

How do you transliterate this: Зaпopижжя

I'm from Russia and I agree with you. I hope I'll be able to move out to a first world country.

Filtered

HAH Xoxol. I'm too old for your newfag names and I'll use the ones I'm used to since the 80-s
Zaporožje like Zaporošets, the car you may know as ZAZ.

Where are you from that you use this shit? I assume you'd prononunce it correctly, but weird spelling nonetheless.. I'd use zh (or just j since it works for many languages).

Where I am from?
50 km from Petrograd.

But I won't tell you where I'm living now.
Half-russian half another nationality with no russian citizenship as it's the same corrupt shithole it was in the 80-s.

Убeйcя oб cтeнy, мepзкий пидopac.

Google: Shenzhen
You have no excuse for not learning mandarin.

Fair enough.
>as it's the same corrupt shithole it was in the 80-s
I don't care, I'm not defending Russia, I'm not russian myself to begin with, I'm ukrainian.

how meny zloty for pizda?)))))) kurwa jebalt

As if a polak could afford it, anyway.. лoл

I have no issues with working with a people notorious for scamming others and being dishonorable in general. I've seen that image as well, it doesn't bother me.

>Russian best for a technical career?
lolwat?

Not the guy who requested this image, but the snuff Webms on /gif/ that are coming from China already convinced me to never set foot into China unless it's something like Hong Kong where the infrastructure was built by westerners instead of domestically

>that one Webm where some poor girl gets chopped into bits by an escalator
>people randomly falling through sidewalks into bottomless chasms
>if you get ran over or stuck somewhere no one attempts to help you

I guess in the context of this thread this can be countered with all the dashcam vids from Russia, but even then, the ones from China are just 2spooky imo.

In complete contrast to what I just said, learning Mandarin is going to be more beneficial. The last time I was visiting family in Russia, I saw ads for places that taught people Mandarin for business purposes and placing Mandarin at the same level as English in terms of a language that will get you far in business, so even Russians would pick Mandarin over Russian. In the university I currently attend (in the US), there is a sizable minority of Chinese professors for computer science-related courses; I'd say about 25% of the faculty for upper-level CS courses is Chinese, so there's that. Although the political climate might change in the coming months due to the US's recent election, as things stand right now Russia's IT sector is completely dead because of the sanctions. There's no growth as far as I know, every young person who isn't some krokodil-ridden tracksuit gopnik is trying to leave the country, et cetera. I'm guessing you are trying to learn Russian for IT because you've heard statistics such as how Russian is the second most-spoken language on Steam, but this is only because of Russia's population compared to the rest of the developed world excluding anglophone countries. Learning Russian because of statistics like that is like learning Spanish because of similar population-based statistics.

i would recommend korean or polish
both are comfy, and are quite a fair bit less corrupt

Why do you want to learn it at all ?
Are you communist traitor like Edward Joseph Snowden?
NSA should check if you used linux or tor
And if you did you should be eliminated immediately

The Russian cases are a challenge, but so is learning a new language.

请问您所说的技术性职业是什么呢?

All you need is English.

Moron.

>Not the guy who requested this image, but the snuff Webms on /gif/ that are coming from China already convinced me to never set foot into China unless it's something like Hong Kong where the infrastructure was built by westerners instead of domestically
But there are 1 billion people, it doesn't need to be that much worse in order for webms to pop up.

>I saw ads for places that taught people Mandarin for business purposes and placing Mandarin at the same level as English in terms of a language that will get you far in business
Yeah, but how much will I realistically learn in 2 years? I'm thinking I'd learn more Russian in that time.

>Although the political climate might change in the coming months due to the US's recent election, as things stand right now Russia's IT sector is completely dead because of the sanctions.
Won't that make e.g. outsourcing cheaper? Do you think the "emerging new right wing" (not just US, the world in general) will improve things?

>I'm guessing you are trying to learn Russian for IT because you've heard statistics such as how Russian is the second most-spoken language on Steam, but this is only because of Russia's population
But there's a lot of information only available in Russian regarding IT.

Nearly useless. Poland might be nice, and I could see why it might be cool to work in the DPRK (you can teach CS there), but still very useless.

>What is your technical career?
Whichever one is the most profitable I think.

I'm not an American.

If you did not use Google Translate you can take the HSK tests and you will be good to go.

иди нa хyй cyкa

But I did. Otherwise I'd have responded in Mandarin.

nice balkan letters

Cantonese is better/harder than Mandarin and it's easier to pick up Mandarin later (they have tons in common). Traditional Chinese is Cantonese. Mandarin is peasant/foreigner Chinese.

t. dirty island midget
MAINLAND STRONK

Learn Russian if you want to work in a technical field legal or criminal, learn Chinese if you want to get into a criminal technical career or a manufacturing career (legal or otherwise).

Learn chink speak and go to shinzen