DisplayPort 1.2 3/4

Bought a 20m super long DisplayPort 1.2 cable.
It won't go 1440p@144Hz, only 100Hz max.
What gives? Like, if they say it's DP 1.2 then it must be able to transport the full signal. Why is it like this half-way thing?

The cable it too long, moron.

This.

You need a repeater, OP.

It says it's a fucking DP 1.2 cable, it should be able to deliver DP 1.2 specifications. Moron.

You can go to DP's website, they have a list of approved cables. Tons of shit out there sold as DP can't actually live up to the specs.

Why do you think the chinks on Alibaba care about specifications? The maximum for a cable with DP is 3m. You're lucky you can get any display signal at all.

>20m DP cable
haahahahahaha

>20m
>L I T E R A L L Y 20m

you should pray to allah for getting a video signal at all

How else would you transmit 1440p@144Hz? No other way.

by not using a 20m cable.

hurr durr

the signal will not completely go that far. that is why people don't use long cables. even normies know that come on man.

With a 3m DP cable :^

actually it's 5m. but OP is still a moron.

Cables too long to push that through the signal loses juice

I use a 10m HDMI cable I know I'm not about to get anything even close to that @ half your length

Don't be a dummy buddy

If I bought a 20m long cable it's because I need a 20m long cable. I'll take 100Hz since it's still much better than any alternative like DP over Cat7.

Then you deal with the consequences, faggot, and you thank whoever manufactured your equipment that it's able to function at all with that length of cable from Shenzen.

Why are you all up on my shit, man? I knew full well what the consequences were going in. No need to be such a passive-agressive bitch about the decisions I make. Are you really that insecure?

>I knew full well what the consequences were going in
No you didn't, you stupid nigga. You literally thought DP 1.2 was capable of transmitting over 20m cables. You thought everything would be fine. Are you really this stupid?

I knew the DP standard max length beforehand. Your mom on the other hand, didn't know about my max length.

Why create ultra long cables if you need a repeater?

Because retards like OP will buy your out of spec cables.

Because for lower resolutions they work just fine over extreme distances.

Active Display port cables are very expensive, but do what OP wants. They can deliver full spec bandwidth the entire length.

Does Displayport support audio like HDMI does? I've never used it before

Yes

Show me an active DP 1.2 20m cable.