Are webdevs even human?

Not to me they're not.

no such thing as web standard afaik

Webdevs are completely oblivious to anything that exists outside of their Wordpress environment. I don't think most of them even know how the underlying apache/nginx/IIS works. They barely know how TLS certificates work

They're also completely oblivious to DNS. Every time our company hires a new web developer, every fucking time, they want the DNS authority to be transferred to whoever is hosting the site, "so we can keep them on the same platform"

They also have no clue why the company is screaming at them in fury because they deleted the MX records for the company because "Those aren't needed for the site to function".

Why my predecessors even gave them DNS control in the first place, and why nobody in the network team thought to prevent this from happening, is beyond me.

>MX records
useless

Found the web dev!

That a totally useless record.

ITT: Sysadmins mad they get paid less for chmodding other people's code.

>people who think "webdev" is anywhere near specific enough to be a useful term

No.

>allready

Did an Asian really make this?

Braindead webmonkey then, whatever.

All it means is you make websites. Can mean front end js, back end server code, or both.

I dunno what you want to call it?

Web right now is just in a state of rapid increases. It's good.

We aren't getting hung up bikesheading, a new technology or idea comes and it's started being implemented and tested.

It's frustrating if you're writing a big web app - by the time you go into prod it's already the 'wrong' way of doing it.

I wish ecma would catch up and be more aggressive pushing features people need and instead of having folks waste time writing shims and workarounds.

this desu.

Why the fuck is every single webdev exactly the same?
>white
>beard
>hipster glasses
>uses a macbook
>eccentric personality
>very little knowledge about how things work deep down
>cares about form over function

I thought it was just a meme but it's actually true.

I am one so I am gonna say no right now

maybe where you live. It depends heavily on company demographics in your area. The firm I work for is surrounded by enterprise bullshit so we are pretty much an enterprise company where you can wear jeans and a tshirt. I wish I had someone like that working with me just so there could be just a bit more diversity in how people look.

Web Dec here. What was their reason for deleting the MX Records?

the fuck you talking about senpai I dont deal with MX records. version control is there for for a reason, if I am doing services work I am working on a dev branch and then pushing it to whatever server the client wants.

Even then, most of the time I am working within our own platform where our devops handles all dns stuff. Nothing I build affects DNS, it is either handled internally or by the client.

fpbp

/thread

How to be webdev but not be fucking stupid? How do I learn the internals and deeper nuances?

Read some books motherfucker

>I wish ecma would catch up and be more aggressive pushing features people need
Yes, like webvulkan, webusb and webx86! We truly need the web to become a native execution platform of the future

Simple: Don't do “web dev”.

The moment you try learning about “web” development as if it was somehow different than development in any other field, that's the moment you get fed dumbed down resources and superficial bullshit.

>witnessed

Any recommendations? I've already read my SICP.

Computer man here. Can confirm about 90% of Web devs have no understanding of DNS, about 5% have enough to get by and the other 5% are the ones you want to hire because they are at least competent enough to tell you what a http message looks like outside of the browser. Most Web devs are awful, the rest get paid absurd amounts of money to work for google et al

No, they're not. At least not any differently than a lot of people in literally any profession are stupid. It's just a meme.

I'm honestly thinking this is the reason for all this shitposting. I just do HTML, CSS, and JS all day and I get a $105k salary. I'm actually glad I do this front end stuff because I'm more a design guy.

>back end
>"server code"
>not the database, or other data-level systems (caching systems, message brokers, etc.)
>calling shitty middleware "server code" and saying it's the "back end"
>but muh CRUD

Found the webdev.

>implying HTTP changed in the last decade.