Be me

>be me
>been using Core 2 Duo E4300(dual core 1.8 GHz) since 2007 or whatever
>decide to upgrade
>have a few pennies to spare so i look into apple pc and laptops
>dual-core 1.1 GHz,dual-core 1.6 GHz,dual-core 2 GHz,dual-core 1.6 GHz
Excuse me but it's been almost 10 years,shouldn't we have 80 core clocked at 58 ghz 10$ laptops?Didn't Jobs said something like "if cars progressed like computers,we would have had bentleys that cost 1$ and go 1500 mph"?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-790-Core-i3-2120-3-3ghz-4GB-DVDRW-160GB-PC-Desktop-Computer-/232144774559?hash=item360ce8259f:g:udoAAOSwImRYK4Gd
amazon.com/ADATA-Premier-SP550-120GB-ASP550SS3-120GM-C/dp/B013J7PP96/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479500728&sr=8-5&keywords=120gb ssd
towo.net/mined/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>apple
>progress

No need to thank me.

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-790-Core-i3-2120-3-3ghz-4GB-DVDRW-160GB-PC-Desktop-Computer-/232144774559?hash=item360ce8259f:g:udoAAOSwImRYK4Gd

amazon.com/ADATA-Premier-SP550-120GB-ASP550SS3-120GM-C/dp/B013J7PP96/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1479500728&sr=8-5&keywords=120gb ssd

>he bought a 1.8 GHz cpu in 2007 when you could already get 3.8 GHz cpus in 2005

>le ghz maymay

I guess
I have a 2.8ghz p4 in a laptop from 2003
But my 1.6ghz celery in my chromebook still runs circles around it

>3.8 GHz cpus in 2005
100k servers cpu maybe,E4300 was the best price/performance cpu i could get
>we won't deliver to your country
wew lad
>os:none
wew lad v.2
Ether way that doesn't seem like all that consequential upgrade from rig i have today,i wanted something like 16 core clocked at 25 ghz,but eh my rig work fine for my needs,just kinda disappointed in tech thats all!

you're kinda stupid arent you

>using ghz as a performance measurement
Stop.

Niggahurtz and muh cores meme stopped in 2010. You can't go against laws of physics and pajeets are too bad at writing multithreaded software. Modern 2W quad-core mobile cpu outperforms your shitbox by 2 times, and 15W laptops by 5.

k servers cpu maybe,E4300 was the best price/performance cpu i could get

Don't you have homework to do, kiddo?

A 1.8Ghz duo is much more efficient than a single core 3.8Ghz despite what "1+1=2" might make you think.

Keep using what you have, user.

Don't buy new "just because," but rather consider what will actually add value to your life.

But if you must buy SOMETHING, buy a small SSD for your current laptop.

Friendly reminder that a notebook that is 30% quicker with 50% less battery runtime is still 20 slower than the one with only 70% of the speed.

This.

I love my PC that I built, but I've realized that I'm unlikely to ever truly all 8 GBs of RAM and nothing I do on a regular basis never makes my CPU usage go past maybe 25% unless I'm fapping to Zone flashes. Unless I get into hardcore video editing or 4K gaming, I think my i5 6500 build is going to last me for a very, very long time.

You sound like me, usage wise. A Mac wouldn't be bad either for you. Or you can just build a simple i3 build if you think you can handle that.

They may be referring to an i3 or i5, even desktops sometimes are secretly just mobile chipsets in different packaging. They also make dual core i5s for desktops as a budget option.

Also, apple is shit and keeps users in the dark especially on the terms of hardware. They were STILL selling C2Ds on some of their macbooks as far as 2013. which is why you don't buy this and get a thinkpad or any proper business laptop

The thing with me () is that my interest in technology has never been the numbers, but rather seeing what I can do with it. I had a great time trying to use a Raspberry Pi (the 256MB RAM variety) as a daily driver, and it ended up allowing me to meet some great command line programs I still use now.
Like MinEd.
Holy shit this is the best text editor in the world.
towo.net/mined/

I used to be like that. Then I stopped caring. My computer games well, let's me do my online shopping, shitpost, talk to people online, etc. So when I realized I made my computer so powerful with that in mind, I kinda chuckled. I'm sure I could find something to push my build, though.

The only thing that's going to get me to upgrade would be this dying, at which point the most important aspect would be power usage. There's "low end" processors four times as good as this one's that use one quarter of the power.

I'm a data scientist and the simple fact that I usually have several writer documents, r-studio, 30 or 40 chrome tabs, an email client, a music client, a torrent client, and at times Mono and Wine running means that yes, I actually do use my 8 cores and 16gb of ram.

Unless you are the type of person who is constantly closing out their work, it's actually pretty easy to use it all.

Also: Low CPU usage is fine. You don't need all the power all the time, but you want to be able to do everything without hitting 100% when the time comes.

Try getting CPUs with bigger caches next time.

Then you'll need less cores and RAM you lil nugger

>still thinking all GHz are the same
bait or kys

>100k servers cpu maybe
am I the only one who's like disproportionately triggered by this statement? like it shouldn't sound so fucking stupid but it is on so many levels