Windows 7 will die in your lifetime

>windows 7 will die in your lifetime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5-MT5zeY6CU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Windows will die in your lifetime

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

ow the edge

Good. Windows 10 is so much better it's not even funny.

>Your motherboard will die in your sleep if you don't reply to this post

2/10

NIce
Take out that wintrash. It's going to die with desktop market anyways

I fucking hopsin

the desktop market in general is going to die

7/10

Jokes on you, i dont intend to live past another 5 years

Other than gaming, which is for manchilds, windows has no practical use

Is this what passes as bait these days?

I don't see windows surviving in the next 20 years now that tablets and ipads are taking over laptops.

Windows is indeed dying.

>tfw the local """sysadmin""" at the uni, upgraded XP to 7 on the PCs in the lobby on this week...

Retards.

pls no

>he thinks MS won't extend W7 support to 2030

>almost 2017 and the sysadmin has just now gotten around to getting off an OS that hasn't had security updates in years

your sysadmin's a retard all right

I'm still waiting for Windows XP to die in my lifetime.

its already dying though

The last thing MS would do.

I know. At least his salary is shit.

>hasn't had security updates in years
Whatever you say kid.

>The last thing MS would do.
They will have to.

>you will die in your lifetime

>you will die at the end of your lifetime

I'll miss your shitposts.

*Only somewhat applicable to Server 2016 and the 2015 LTSB.
Even the 2016 LTSB is buggy at excrement-levels.

Thank god.

Yeah, he just now left XP, which has been out of security support for two and a half years.

thanks for proving my point

This. Everywhere I go companies still use XP. They'll definitely extend the support of 7.

It's already extended.

youtube.com/watch?v=5-MT5zeY6CU

Windows is already dead to me.

>>Your motherboard will die in your sleep if you don't reply to this post
>tfw bios gets corrupted after reading this post

Twat

Eat a dick

> actually work in IT for an msp
> 99.9% windows 7 users, .05% win 10, .05% OSX

Get rekd windows is here to stay

>desktop will die
desktop has been declared dead by hipster nu-males for the last two decades. at that rate, it will probably take another 50-100 years.

Windows already died at the beginning of October. Idiot.

>actually work as a sysadmin
>95% loonix 4% Win 7 1% win server

Get rekt Microcucks

Fuck....

W7fags, why is svchost.exe using 30% of my cpu at all times?

> almost 2017 sysadmin finally gets around to updating computers with nearly decade old obsolete os

not bad. Mine uses like 50%. Err...when I was still using that shit OS i mean. Most likely the windows update service. Kill it and see if it drops. If it does, there ya go, that was just some of the botnet being active. BTW this problem is not fixable without infecting yourself with a plethora more of microsoft botnetware. Good luck in your search for an alternate OS senpai.

anyone but my mobo friend

/thread
7 is fucking deprecated.

you say this like it's a bad thing.

can't take any chances

Meme gods pls dont

Saved thanks m8

no

Good. I want it to die so I can get rid of this piece of shit.

Somehow I talked myself into buying one that I hadn't realized had the worst gaymer-brand NIC on it that seems to want to drop connection every time I go to take a piss. I've updated the drivers and everything and it still doesn't want to work.

This is why I can't trust gamer-brand anything.

FUVK

everything will die in my lifetime.

fuk

Good, I hope computers as a whole follow.
Fuck computers, overcomplicated pieces of junk. Just buy a phone, gramps.

i aint risking this shit

NOT

You don't understand. Children born after 2010 and growing up as we speak will NEVER use a desktop for ANYTHING. They had touch screen devices like tablets and smartphones since their cradle and that's their native way to interact with computing devices. Physical keyboards, even on laptops, are to them what typewriters were to 80s/90s kids. Now extrapolate a few decades into the future and you should get the picture.

[by whom?] [citation needed]

>predicting tech future
You realize that predicting tech future always fails?

no, it will not

pls no

If those children want to participate in an economy which will primarily consist of programming jobs by the time they're adults, they sure as hell will be using desktops.

>you will fucking DIE eventually and that's the only thing you can be literally 100% certain of

>implying phones and tablets won't evolve to the point where they're capable of doing all that and more
Get bent desktopcuck, the future is coming and it's aiming for your ass.

Whyyy

It's not even predicting tech future at this point, it's just human nature. They won't go back. By now you already have people on this board who unironically state how chiclet keyboards are way superior to traditional full travel keyboards. In ten years from now you will have people saying the same about touch vs any keyboard at all. This is just human nature, you stick to whatever you grew up with and what is natural to you. Today's kids just don't grow up with desktops anymore and thus they will reject them. Manufacturers won't keep provide supply for a rapidly diminishing and eventually non-existent demand. Nothing lasts forever.

A few decades ago people couldn't imagine how typewriters or landlines could mostly fall out of use. Well...

(You) must have replied to the wrong post. He's basically arguing that desktops will die because the coming generations won't be using them anymore, so you're surely barking up the wrong tree there pal.

It's not a matter of preference, it's a matter of practicality and throughput.

The bandwidth on a keyboard is many times that of thumbing on your phone or even touch typing on a tablet.

As long as market forces make keyboard+mouse users thousands of times more efficient and precise than touch users, desktops and laptops will always have a place.

That's not to say another interface couldn't emerge to replace KB+M, but it doesn't yet exist.

lol

All good things must come to an end.

Good riddence, hopefully in my lifetime everyone will be runnimg Linux or BSD.

>linux marketshare fell below 1% this year and keeps shrinking

kek

keep dreaming

>The bandwidth on a keyboard is many times that of thumbing on your phone or even touch typing on a tablet.

You still don't understand. Today's children will ALWAYS find mouse & keyboard old and clunky and will prefer to use touch, because that's what they grew up with. You didn't keep using tech that was becoming obsolete during your childhood, you embraced and stuck with what you grew up with. You can't argue or bargain with human nature and fundamental habits. They just won't use things they consider clunky and obsolete, period.

good. most overrated version of windows ever

windows 8.1 is 100 times better. i stopped using windows but if i were forced to use it, i would choose windows 8.1. you could delete all those ads on the start menu and use it to put all your favorite software

Sure, if Linux gets Photoshop, Premiere, DAWs, MS Office and tons of other proprietary software, codecs, drivers...

Nah, sorry but you're full of shit. Capitalism is a bitch and a touch interface just doesn't compete in any way for professional work.

If what you say is "true," then all it means is that people who can use KB+M will be an extremely hot commodity for being able to do work 1000 times faster.

The other day some user was ridiculing traditional keyboards and complaining how their curvy key surfaces were (according to him) totally uncomfortable and a hindrance to type well and fast. How do you explain this? I think that he's been using flat keys for so long that he's faster with them than with curved ones - had he been using a traditional keyboard from the start he would arguably be faster with it than with chiclet, but it's too late now, he's used to his ways and WON'T GO BACK. And others like him will eventually get to decide whether to keep deploying, purchasing, or even producing traditional keyboards anymore. You can just guess what their decision will be.

oh god have mercy

I'm 32 and using a chiclet keyboard right now and it's just not that different, so I'm not that broken up about it.

Sorry to dry out your pity party.

My nigga. 8.1 is underrated.

If you're a hunter&pecker then it might not be much different. Though, to a touch typist, chiclet is a whole different world consisting entirely of shit. But, guess what, laptop manufacturers consider touch typists non-existent anymore. And it will only get worse.

>If what you say is "true," then all it means is that people who can use KB+M will be an extremely hot commodity for being able to do work 1000 times faster.

In an ideal world based on logic alone, you surely would be right. Though, the fact that as of now 100% of laptops have chiclet keyboards which happen to be an abomination to touch typists (who are, guess what, much more efficient a typing than the average hunter & pecker or touch screen user) is a proof that manufacturers will only cater to the broad masses preference and aren't concerned where that preference came from, or if it makes sense, much less whether a different design would allow better productivity. Applel introduced chiclet keyboards suggesting that they are "desirable", everyone else followed suit, not giving a single fuck about throwing productivity out of the window in the process. The same thing will repeat when chiclet keyboards end up being completely supplanted by touch screens eventually.

No

Keyword being "Proprietary", in the future there will be opensource equivilents for every winblowz program and m$ goes bankrupt.

shoo shoo evil spirits

oh fuck
Actually maybe that will give me a reason to get one with an m.2 slot so I can get a better ssd.

Kek granted you immortality

I'm sorry but that's just crazy talk. Touch interfaces will never be used for what you're saying they'll be used for. They're completely useless for almost every professional task.

And going to chiclet is not even a comparison. I'm a touch typist on a chiclet right now, and it's just not that bad.

I don't even know why I'm talking to you to be honest.

>couple of years
I T' S Y E A R S
W H A T A REEEE T A R D

Fuck off with your hyperbole
>inb4 goes into a semantics tirade

Another user, I learnt to type on normal keyboards and my first laptop had a normal keyboard. I still prefer to touchtype on my current laptops chiclets keyboard.