/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/271838560945?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SK960I4/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1479550601&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hydromax
amazon.com/HYAKUICHI-20BAR-Quartz-Stainless-Professional/dp/B00ICGOULE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479551695&sr=8-2&keywords=200m 101 quartz
jomashop.com/seiko-watch-ska747p2.html
ebay.com/itm/40mm-Submariner-Homage-Dive-Watch-Stainless-Sterile-Dial-Rotating-Bezel-/351904856391?
youtube.com/watch?v=BC3ZtNBuLXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Might get this.

Is there anything in existence that combines a clean aesthetic of something like a NOMOS with a 24 hour dial?

Trying to find a watch with a 24-hour dial that doesn't seem exceptionally gimmicky is depressing

any gwm5610 lads do the lcd inversion?

pics if yes

Can't go wrong, they're exquisitely crafted
Uh are those dicks?
Pretty comfy diver I like it

What's the point? Just buy the inverted screen version.

it's like $50 more

>I want a reliable watch that i can wear every day and dress with various straps now and then.
All knowing Oracles and Gods of /wt/ which one should a man choose between these two?

C60 trident pro 600 vintage or Seiko SARB033.

Fuck me, forgot pic.

sarb033

SARB.

It's a traditionally sized watch in both size and thickness, with a reliable movement, and follows the timeless Seiko "Grammar of design" styling.

Thanks anons, appreciate it!

Boo hoo $50, that's nothing. Just suck a few extra dicks and buy it.

>It's a traditionally sized watch in both size and thickness, with a reliable movement, and follows the timeless Seiko "Grammar of design" styling.

Is this literal autism incarnate? What's going on?

>Boo hoo $50, that's nothing. Just suck a few extra dicks and buy it.

Most will say SARX because a lot of us here on /wt/ are Seiko fanbois. Christopher Ward do make great watches at a decent price though. I think the Trident would look better on a wider variety of straps.

The new monthly shitposter.

Or the same one that used to spam the tripfag copypasta.

I think it's a bottle that replies to random posts with pictures of an SKX?

>Christopher Ward do make great watches at a decent price though

It's just some spambot. Quotes a random ass post and drops images from some ebay listing.

Sometimes it just quotes random parts of a post like this

Looking for a sub homage that is at least 43-44mm in quartz

any suggestions?

this is all i can find, is it a decent watch?

oops forgot link, does this brand make quality watches?

ebay.com/itm/271838560945?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SK960I4/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1479550601&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hydromax

Isn't it simpler buying an Orient Ray than buying some dodgy homage/sterile rep?

>Isn't it simpler buying an Orient Ray than buying some dodgy homage/sterile rep?

i don't know is an Orient Ray better, why?

That ebay listing reads like a poor translation from chineese.
The movement is not mentioned, which is to assume quartz, and poor at that.
It's a shit watch m8. Literally mall tier.

Orient Ray is tried and true, it's a quality watch.

i cant find an orient ray quartz sub homage

>The movement is not mentioned, which is to assume quartz, and poor at that.

it's a Miyota 2115

I'll just start listing the reasons
>Comes from a well known manufacturer
>Far better made than a chink sub clone
>A great overall design that somewhat resembles a sub
>Has either new F67 movement or the older reliable 469 cal movement

cool, where can i find a plain sub homage like that in quartz?

i agree parnis is hit or miss

screw invictia, this is the closest i can find to what i want

amazon.com/HYAKUICHI-20BAR-Quartz-Stainless-Professional/dp/B00ICGOULE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479551695&sr=8-2&keywords=200m 101 quartz

maybe this

jomashop.com/seiko-watch-ska747p2.html

You don't, either you buy the Orient Ray or another diver from Seiko/Orient/Citizen.

>You don't, either you buy the Orient Ray or another diver from Seiko/Orient/Citizen.

i want quartz or solar or kinetic though

ebay.com/itm/40mm-Submariner-Homage-Dive-Watch-Stainless-Sterile-Dial-Rotating-Bezel-/351904856391?

>i want quartz or solar or kinetic though
All of those are quartz.

They also make Quartz movement powered divers divers.

For example, Citizen eco-drive's.

well i should say i don't care about replacing a battery but solar would be nice

>For example, Citizen eco-drive's.

i know but it's not a nice rolly homage

Why are you so adamant on getting a Sub homage?

>Why are you so adamant on getting a Sub homage?

personal preference

I have never understood the point of investing in a rep.

Try the BN0100-00E, otherwise just go buy the cheapest sub clone so you could impress people with it.

seiko quartz movement, 200m diver, solid link bracelet

$99

gonna give it a try

if it breaks the movement is only 15bucks lol

>I have never understood the point of investing in a rep.

homages are not replicas

replicas say "rolex" all over them and pretend to be rolex

that's like saying every collared shirt is a replica of an izod

i am not buying a sub clone

>these mental gymnastics

Alright, we'll call it a homage.

It still doesn't change the fact that you want a cheap homage/clone/sterile rep of a sub to impress people.

At least buy a mechanical one

i just like the way it looks

having a bunch of "THISIS NOT A ROLEx " markings on it gives it away

plus I am a 20yo poorfag and nobody is going to think I am sporting a rollex

>At least buy a mechanical one

i don't like mechanical

personal preference

Being a 20year old with a Rolex knockoff homage will make you look even more pathetic.

If you like the styling of a Rolex diver then get a proper diver which looks the part, whether it be quartz or mechanical and not a shitty knock off. Or mod just mod a proper watch to look like one.

Also, what i meant by buying a mechanical one is that Rolex subs are generally made only with mechanical movements.

i get what you are saying but i want what i want

sorry if you dont' like it

can i convert this to quartz?

They aren't quartz though, they asked for a quartz.

What about the Christopher Ward Trident 300? It's not strictly a Sub homage but it's quartz and available in 43mm.

original quartz guy here, i like this thanks

any other ideas?

how hard would it be to put a sterile parnis face on this watch?

SBGX117?

>SBGX117

nice but too rich for my blood

why are quartz divers so hard to find?

Because people who care about watches mostly want mechanical. Quartz gets relegated to cheap plastic watches.
But yeah, Casio MDV106.

>MDV106.

is this a good watch? I think i would like the light

casio illuminator

God I fucking love the look of that casual Sarb. Like a Lamborghimi countach...

Casio makes rolex knock offs?

here. I asked two hot grills on which (preferably blue) dial should I pick. They both picked a different BLACK dial (the black scubadude and the one below it). They said blue is a hard color to match (both work here in the jewelry store).

What the fuck am I supposed to do now? Shall I yield like a true beta? Or be a man and ignore their advice completely?

Only 100m like all of the MTD series, enough in real life, but for the autistic roleplayers here 200m is a must for a dive watch. Up to you if you're okay with that, otherwise they're decent.

Also check out the MTD-1080 for dat sicc hex bezel.

You already showed how beta you are by asking those girls for their advice. They probably went out to lunch and laughed their asses off at you.

just pick whatever you like man

my pick would be a scuba dude, they come in blue too

NOSTALGIA

Got me the f91. I wore this little fucker during the 90's, at the time I thought this watch was so cool.

Well I still think it and it will be a great sleep watch with its LED lightning and alarm function.

>Well I still think it and it will be a great sleep watch with its LED lightning and alarm function.
>will be a great sleep watch
>sleep watch

Yes?

thanks user, 10 feet is plenty for me

explain to me how a watch with a non rolex logo on the face is a fake rolex

>why dont you get something nice like a daniel wellington, user?
>that looks nerdy

I'm the watchmaker of the store, so it was safe to reveal my power level early on as a slavboo and gooklover when it comes to watches. Also as we sell Casio, Roamer and Doxa they have developed a taste a bit less shit than the common normie.

Also I doubt they'd like DW, the only watch of mine they explicitly said they didn't like was a vintage Swiss dress watch similar in style to a DW. They said it was a watch for old farts.

But enough blogposting.

What are some /wt/ approved cheapo vintage beaters with domed crystals? I have an HMT Pilot and I love the style the poo in loo movement is gains a minute a day or something, and I'd prefer an automatic.

Basically I'm looking for something like a seiko 5 but with that sexy dome.

>guy comes in
>in dirty rags that can be best described as "home clothes"
>says he wants a battery change and hands me a TAG
>mfw "nice fake faggot"
>open it up
>it's a real quartz TAG-Heuer
>retail price is one megashekels ($1000)
>"uhhh... you want a WR with that?"
>"Why, is it waterproof?"
>it was a 500m Aquaracer with a He valve
How do these people even function, let alone make enough money for a new TAG? It wasn't pre-owned either, I talked to the guy after for a bit?

Normies, not even once.

Vostok Amphibia is literally the watch. New or vintage, but it's best to get brand new.

>you want a WR with that
*WR test

>Basically I'm looking for something like a seiko 5 but with that sexy dome.

Vostok Amphibian or Komandirskie as far as new watches go. Amphibia has a thicker and more domed crystal, along with being 20ATM WR and automatic.

Vintage watches are pretty much all domed, but if you have no idea what you're doing it's time to research.

He probably stole it

Could have stolen it or he wants to lay low.
There are people that are millionaires that pretend to be hobos. As to why they do it I wouldn't understand since I'm a poorfag.

He said he had papers and all. Plus he didn't have the skull shape of a criminal (nor skin color).

>reposting this sexy odd lady just because
Glad I've decided to stick with it for the whole weekend.
What are you wearing today, anons?
Cheers.

Vintage Seiko 5, mine has a domed acrylic crystal.

My SKX.

Nothing since I came home, but today was Amphibia day.

Quite nice lawyeranon. It looks like an instrumentos of the dashboard of a classic car.

>THE WORLD LIMITED PRODUCT
what did they mean by this?

*instrument
>fucking autocorrect

Trusty dirskie

>tfw still too much of a pussy to buy a genta calendar

My Cosmotron, on a green shark patterned ZRC strap.

Needs a proper picture under natural light, so this will do for now.

I've owned a Dirskie beforehand and handled a Soviet one as well, kinda makes me want to get another simple handwound one.

Though it depends on if i decide to keep the new GMT Dirskie. The feature list is pretty neat but the size factor could be a deal breaker. youtube.com/watch?v=BC3ZtNBuLXo

The EMS shipping is a nice addition.

Idk what to feel about the GMT desu, i prefer vintage/classic vostoks better.
Mine was was nos and came from some german collector that was selling of pieces he didn't want. the nos part kinda makes the zakaz on the dial meaningless kek

My small collection.

Next watch is omega speedmaster 3573.50

it's actually not that hard to get a thousand dollars

Not in post-communist East-Yurop where your income is 49.5% taxed, thereby only making half of what that watch costs a month.

I prefer the vintage albatross cased Komandirkies over the new ones.

But again, if i won't like the GMT i'll either sell it or trade it up for a SRP777/3/SRPA21.