ITT: Sup Forums confessions

We tell each other our Sup Forums based confessions

>I still have winblows 10 dual booted because I'm a vidya faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/JYzzNN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I sucked a cock once for a macbook pro. Now i can never be a priest again.

I use Arch Linux with proprietary software

I use kubuntu as my main os.

I genuinely enjoy writing code in Java and genuinely hate swift.

I haven't updated from solus 1.2.0 on my HTPC because I'm terrified of updates after Ubuntu and Fedora both broke shit during updates.

On the plus side, everything works fine so I guess it's not really an issue?

Forgot screenfetch.

I'm using Windows 10

Home

I'm very knowledgeable of the GNU/Linux ecosystem but I don't run any distros outside of a VM.

Just kill me, guys

>Being ashamed about liking videogames

Just be yourself and let all the haters go fuck themselves, user

I like using reddit and twitter

i run getoo and fap to traps

i use foobar in wine because linux music players are ass

and what's your confession?

That's why long-term-support distros (like debian stable or ubuntu lts) exist buddy.

In case of debian the only updates you get are security updates, in case of *buntu lts they don't update "system critical" components like the kernel if they don't have to.

My everyday machine is a core duo and all I do with it is play movies 24/7.
My business machine is a core i3 dell laptop with 6gb ram.
I haven't built a completely new machine since my $3000 liquid cooled dual xeon machine in 2004.
I have an office full of parts I have no idea what I'm going to do with as most are generations old.
I haven't sat at this desk in 5 months, this is the saddest part.

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I'm 30 yo virgin who uses Arch

I struggle with code and think I might have permanently fried my brain on the amount of weed I smoked as a young adult.

honestly you should be more embarrassed that it's 10 instead of 7 than the dual boot.

I will flame people on Sup Forums for using Windows in some threads, flame them for using Linux in others, I have taken both sides in the Firefox vs Chrome argument numerous times, I just like arguing with people

I still smoke weed and struggle with code.
I struggled with code before I smoked weed.
I'm think I'm just retarded.

The only reason i ever learned how to use linux was to rice xfce on an ubuntu dual boot on my chromebook
I am extremely proficient with linux now, and i havent used it in months because my chromebook dies

I also bought an r9 280x for 480$ new on ebay. Two weeks ago

I think desktop computers are a waste of time.

why would you expect smoking weed to help you do complicated shit like coding? weed helps people play bongos in the dirt and that's about it

I don't expect weed to help me code. I never even implied that.
I only stated that I'm stupid and struggle with it either way.

I exclusively use Windows 10 on a vidya gaymen rig, unless I want to run tumblr archiving scripts, when I dual boot to Ubuntu. I bought an ultrabook because I don't care about expandability and wanted a light notebook that doubles as an oversized tablet, and I enabled 125% DPI scaling so I can use the touchscreen better. I haven't bothered rooting my phone in 2 months so I could use Android Pay and Snapchat.

Yeah but it boots up faster than my Ubuntu MATE laptop.

It's sad because my HTPC has a 150GB WD HDD as the boot drive and my laptop has a 256GB SSD.
Yes, I'm poor, please don't judge.

I don't understand why anybody dual boots. You have a desktop. Spend the extra hundred bucks, put two hard drives in the case, but only have one plugged in at a time: one with Windows, one with linux. So much easier than having to worry about dual booting.

i have a sneaking suspicion that some linux users on Sup Forums are actually wincucks with a puny 60 gb partition with linux they switch to so they can participate in desktop threads without being flamed

I don't know moots real name! D:

>I also bought an r9 280x for 480$ new on ebay. Two weeks ago
what

How's VGA passthrough coming these days?

If you see a masterfully crafted desktop that looks suspiciously unusable and the whole appeal falls apart right after you start doing something other than typing "screenfetch" into the terminal it's probably the case.

The goofy, ugly, janky, mismatched desktops are desktops of people who use them for something else other than cirklejerking about it (i'm by no mean implying actual work, just any other activities)

Used to use an ipod touch back in the day, thought it was kool before gentoo

even though im thick i still enjoy dressing up as a qt trap and rogramming
not being ironic thqh senpai

Any time I start coding I always beat myself up not letting myself move up from basics. Joke is I was top of my class in coding in JR/SR of highschool placing in first in the region, state, then getting top 10 in the nation. So now I just got a job at a gas station.

>i installed antergos, but i removed all references to antergos including editing the screenfetch script so it shows arch linux as well as renaming it in grub

Why not use Arch Anywhere

your suspicion is 100% correct.

I lurk here every day and I have no idea what people are talking about 80% of the time.

I think Windows 8.1 is better than Windows 7, even for traditional desktops.

I did manage to do an Arch install from the wiki with Virtualbox. Spent all day figuring it out, had to do it three times until I got it right however the res was stuck in 640x480. I thought I fucked something up badly. I couldn't be arsed going through the process again slapped on Antergos on my laptop when it arrived in the mail. In the end I'm a retard, I didnt realise that the Arch VM was stuck in 640x480 cause I didn't install the guest additions for Virtualbox.

Haven't heard of Arch Anywhere, might use that next time if I'm feeling lazy and manage to fuck something up critically with this current Antergos installation.

it effects people in different ways for me it keeps me focused and produce less complicated code

I built my first vidya PC after wanting one for 12 years. Now I've realized I don't really enjoy gaming all that much anymore. Feels like it was kind of just a dream I had as a kid playing WoW on a crappy desktop and now that I had the job and finally built it I discovered the obsession wasn't really there anymore. Kind of made me reconsider what I'm really interested in in life. I've though about selling it but I would feel bad losing at least 700-800$ on all the parts. Whatever, at least it's nice to browse on the 27in 144hz.

I'm on Windows 8.1.

Even though it's better than 7 and 10 this will be seen as confession material.

dont worry just take a break and wait for a game you want to come

>

Same dude

Hey I saw that greentext.

I hate fuckers like you. Just stick to one side that's factually better and stop being a cuck.

I like doing Java, also i own an PS4.

Oh yeah? I have a virtual machine with different Linux distros on my Windows computer that I just boot up and enter fullscreen mode whenever I need to take a picture for battlestation or desktop threads.

Its Chris.

I own an Xbox 360 just to play racing games

I like and use reddit and twitter regularly.

I use Windows 10 and right now see no need to change to a different OS, like Linux.

I want to get an Xbox one but have no job god fucking dammit

lurk moar

I fell for the LG G5 meme
Shit is burning into the top bar

This. If you hate the new start menu, install classic Shell

the problem is there are legitimate reasons to argue for either side, i myself am on the fence and do use Firefox, Chrome, Windows and Linux and they all have their pluses and minuses

After installing arch and spending half an hour trying to get my laptop's brightness keys to work, I just kind of stopped caring and deleted the partition.

use KVM

i once considered using windows 10

for 0.02 seconds

still feel dirty

I'm an intelligent beautiful woman and I love to use my father's debit card.

I don't know what gentoo is, I only browse this board because it's default in clover for my phone, haven't programmed anything in my whole life and yesterday I bought and iPad. Not even kidding

I am a hardcore gentooman for 2 years, but sometimes I wonder if it is really The Distro. Maybe I would be better with a ubuntu installation that just works.

KVM vs virtual box?

I'm not a computer games man myself, I just rub some windows only cad software.

Ubuntu host, win7 guest. Performance isn't bad, but speed always helps.

Windows 10 tried to install itself without me having ever clicked on something. When it surprised me with a window saying it was about to install itself and would reboot in a short while, I literally pulled the plug. Booted into Linux and removed all files with a modification date of the same day.

I never trusted Win10 afterwards. I never forgave it for commiting high treason on my work PC when I was working on my diploma thesis.

I have 8 GB of RAM that doesn't work and I don't know if it's the RAM or the mobo and I haven't actually done anything to try to fix it

in five years

I have macbook air and I love it.

i browse Sup Forums for over a year and i still don't know how to code

My laptop came with windows 10 and I lost my old windows 7 disk, so I don't exactly have a choice.

This.
Even with something simple like python I always beat myself up about it because I know I'll just froget it due to Dyslexia.

I've never watched one episode of Downton Abbey.

Do you want an artic cooler fan upgrade for that? I have one that im never going to use and by spending $500 on that card i feel like you need to up the value.

If you really want to go with something that just werks, at least use Mint. Unity is nasty. I know you can replace it, but it's just hassle. Also Ubuntu has some shitty ad deal with Amazon or something.

I don't own any rainbow knee socks.

I actually like Windows 10.

When I hear that whistle blowin'
I hang ma haaaaaad aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cryyyyyyyyyyyyy

*solo*

Systemd is one of the best things to ever happen to Linux.

>friends have gentoos stuff
>Mfw have windows 10
>Mfw temping to get this but wanna know what's it about
>Mfw newfag to Sup Forums

Anons, where do I go from here?

Install Gentoo

Memes aside, I got some questions for it

I've been browsing this board for 5 years, installed linux on all my computers, have a steady job as a programmer, and this if the first time I've posted.

Congratulations on your first step into becoming a NEET!

who's the waifu

I still don't have a burner droid device with rooted aosp and netsec apps like signal.

Christopher Poole
and Hiroshima Nagasaki for mook

What have I become?

I'm using Windows 10.

>binary log files

Fuck off, Lennart.

I helped design websites for the dprk

...my Windows 10.

I'm using Windows 7 as my main OS.

I am terrified that my government will find out that I'm torrenting and smoke weed occationally by stealing my data. I have dreams they break down my door and kill my dogs and put me and my wife in jail.

I live in America.

My parents bought a pre-built computer for me and I've dumped more money than I'd like to admit to upgrade it afterwards.

I had a nightmare last night that the site that I manage broke and I couldn't figure it out.

Don't sweat it.

I have dualboot for FreeBSD/Windows 8.1 because WINE simply does not work and I play vidya. You're not alone.

I spent $800+ on my pc and I haven't even bought the video card or cpu
It's been sitting in my room for about 6 months and I haven't even turnt it on because I bought pc parts instead of a car and need to save all my money

>pcpartpicker.com/list/JYzzNN