What tech are you waiting for the most?

What tech are you waiting for the most?

For me a good 32" 4k 10-Bit Freesync IPS/OLED monitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1eWl21v1_NM?t=2m
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Freesync
For what purpose retard?

Probably because people owns AMD GPU's and occasionally use these to play games. (Not OP)

dell xps 15 with 1050/1060 gpu

You orgot to add 50-200hz freesync, otherwise the input lag would be disastrous.

BenQ BL3201PH
>32"
>Freesync
>UHD
>IPS
>8-bit+dither
Close, but not quite.

>OLED
Far away from market, and very far away from really replacing LCD panels.

An affordable 27" QHD monitor with G-SYNC, everything is £600+ for a single monitor it's ridiculous.

60hz trash

>32" 4k
no thanks
37.5-43" is perfect
below 37" requires GUI scaling or having the monitor stupidly close to your face.

im still kiiinda hyped for oled but a good ips panel is a great compromise for the age we live in

The endgame monitor I've been waiting for since 98 is a 8k 24-27" monitor. Was going to be a CRT and I was hoping for 85hz. Now with OLED I'd hope for 144hz with 120hz ulmb via gsync or just 240hz gsync.

4k has been and is an in between standard for normies/underageb&

Smartphone with armv8 cpu and hdmi output through usb type c.

2tb ssds to be cheaper

/thread

Threading your own post,
Lurk more?

>buys Nvidia
>want things that are affordable
JEWED!

im waitin for a monitor thats made out of pure light for 0 ms lag to pwn my opponents

Serious question. Is ips really better than va? Ive been reading some tv reviews lately since ive been thinking of getting a new one and they always seem to say ips has overall lower image quality than va.

Modern 4:3 laptops

I can /thread what ever the fuck I want faggot. Clearly you are too much of a cuck/beta to /thread your own post.

Go back to talking about your shitty pleb monitor

No scaling necessary
youtu.be/1eWl21v1_NM?t=2m

High DPI 144hz monitor

more important than any of these 4k, curved monitor, **led whatever fucking shitty hdr memes they're trying to push

high resolution, high framerate is so convincing it's been called 3D without the glasses

At work I use 2 27" QHD IPS panels at £350 a piece, a 144gz Asus IPS is £700 minimum here, higher refresh rates are great but a single monitor is not worth the price of two panels just for G-SYNC.

Zen

IPS has more accurate colors
VA has more contrast

guess which one is more important to the overall impression

That's a joke. Almost 140PPI is never going to be readable at normal viewing distances. Either he has the monitor very close, or he is scaling to 125% to make things a bit easier to read.

I have two 120PPI monitors and they almost require scaling at my normal viewing distance, I know for a FACT, 140PPI would be too dense without scaling.

Real time universal voice translator.

Where the fuck is it?

>IPS has more accurate colors
Not really, both can be calibrated accurately. Even TN panels can. The only actual advantage of IPS over VA is the range of viewing angles.

From what I've seen, VA (not AHVA, that's basically IPS) has better contrast (deeper blacks) but also slightly worse viewing angles: The image starts to turn kind of grayish yellow at any angle. Some say the tech also "crushes" dark shades into blacks, but they probably don't know how to open a test image and adjust the monitor.

IPS/PLS/AHVA is more consistent with colors, but has weaker contrast due to the backlight kind of shining through; this is worse at large angles. It mostly just makes the panel bad at dark content and they look great otherwise. There are some IPS-type panels with very low glow, but for some reason these are very uncommon and not usually advertised.

Both are much better than TN at everything except response time, though.

Some better TVs try to deal with glow and the limited contrast of LCDs by manipulating the backlight, even dimming small patches of it, but this isn't perfect. Still waiting for those long-lasting OLEDs without nasty PWM artifacting,

Generally better blacks in VA and also But don't trust random reviews on the internet, the overall image quality depends more on the quality of the individual display and that you have the right settings for it. TV salesmen can as an example just increase the brightness of a TV model they have on display and lower the brightness on the surrounding TVs to increase its sales by making your average normie customer think it has better display quality.

IPS panels have much better color uniformity as well as generally having a wider color gamut as well.

VA has far better contrast, which is far more important than colour gamut.

Rumors are that it'll be at CES in Jan. 2017. Other, less reliable, sources say before the holidays.

VA is between TN and IPS with color stability, closer to IPS on viewing angle and such.
First class on contrast, but suffers from contrast loss off angle. At least it doesn't cloud like IPS.
Black-gray transition time has traditionally been very poor.

>VA black crush
Also known as gamma shift, this is angle dependent.

>generally having a wider color gamut
That's true but not actually because of the panel tech, just because manufacturers build wide gamut displays with IPS panels. Wider gamut VA displays will be commonplace in the TV market next year for the HDR meme.

they day pic related will be released

They are waiting for AMD to release Vega so they can top them as always. But they will cuck Titan P owners in the process.

full neural virtual reality

why would i bother to watch the same shit just with better colors and contrasts.. it won't change the content

32-40" 4K VA monitor with close to 100% AdobeRGB that doesn't cost a fuckton. Can't stand IPS blacks (grays).

and you need 8K to watch your CP full res? GTFO of here pedophile.

a 4k 144hz monitor with perfect blacks