Here is how to make Firefox faster

Make sure multiprocess is enabled. It will turn itself on automatically when available, but your add-ons may be causing it to become disabled. Thumbnail Zoom Plus and Advanced Cookie Manager are two add-ons that will cause it to be disabled.

Disable all your add-ons and then check the multiprocess status. Then turn them back on one by one until you have as many on as possible while still having multiprocess support.

This will make scrolling facebook and other shitty sites much easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

html5test.com/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
arewee10syet.com
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions
wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neat

stop using firefox.

this just seperates your GUI from the WebEngine you retard. If you want real multiprocess you will have to set processcount to >1

>Disable all your add-ons and then check the multiprocess status. Then turn them back on one by one until you have as many on as possible while still having multiprocess support.
No fuck you. Nobody needs your basic ass advice here.

thanks man i want to belive things are running faster now.

It crashes when I do this tho.

>you've been using a multiprocess browser since September 2008, when you were still a teenager in high school, before Barack Obama was elected president eight years ago

>you're almost 26 years old now, your niece who was only in 1st grade at the time of Chrome's release is now in high school, Trump is going to be president in less than 70 days and Firefox STILL isn't multiprocess by default

It enabled itself on Firefox 50 and I can't tell a difference.

>making a post telling people to stop using ad blockers
>nobody ITT got the joke

Neogee is shit.

Been using it for a while now

>not a single process there below 30 MB

Good grief, son.

Wait, wasn't multi-processing a bad thing? Kek fucking firecucks.

Retard

Firecuck.

Your browser is shit if it doesn't use multiple processes

ublock origin is one of the add-ons that does support multiprocess, so what you just said is not true

what the fuck, i can't get it to use more than 8 processes

Cool story bro

I went back to fireshit because it didn't spawn 5000 processes and eat all my RAM.
>dur multiprocess is better than multithread
It's like dumb faggots on Sup Forums don't realize that threads would be 100x better for a browser.

I did not know that. I have set it to 20 processes now. Thank you.

You probably capped dom.ipc.processCount to 8

nah i capped it to 50, changed to 20 and it's working now

> html5test.com/
Just reply when you browser scores 492 or more.

iktf
>muh multiprocess & ipc
i can get away, faster and with way less resource allocation, using just threads
>inb4 crash single process
i havent had a single ff crash since 2012 or so, and im on nightly. there is always session/tab restore anyway

>many of the features "required" are shiet
who da fuck wants to leave/turn on beacon support for hyperlinks? are u a normie? get out!

>Disable all your add-ons and then check the multiprocess status. Then turn them back on one by one until you have as many on as possible while still having multiprocess support.
Hi, you don't need to do this, there's an addon that tells you what addons are compatible with multi-process:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

On FF50 multi process is enabled for any user who doesn't have at least on incompatible addon. You can force multi-process but obviously no one can be blamed if one non compatible addon misbehaves.

Don't compare. Chrome was created from scratch and FF's API is much more flexible. They cannot just break compatibility with the huge ammount of addons suddenly.

>noscript still not compatible
I don't care.

I'd use uMatrix instead but I used that for months and got sick of how much it fucks with everything.

What if I use one window and multiple tabs? Will it change anything

Why the hell would you want multiprocess? It sure doesn't make anything quicker.

It's bad mostly because devs pretend it doesn't exist or is a "beta" feature they have no obligation to support, so e10s still breaks all but the most mainstream extensions

Complete noob here, what number should I set dom.ipc.processCount to that is reasonable?

I have about 50 tabs open at all times.

arewee10syet.com

You van check here

>not using hosts file to block ads

>using the SJW browser

never again. well, at least until servo

pls go

If you're using windows the majority of your stuff is still single core

DONT do this my brother did it and microsoft windows called my house and told my dad and now he's bringing out the whips and chains :(

>lightning browser: 355
>2 year old Samsung stock browser: 389
>Firefox: 469
>chromium: 515
Why is lighting browser still shilled here?

So, its gimmick or its true?

Bump

?

install chrome

Nigger, did you even update your Webview? Lightning is a webview-based browser.

I could never get e10s working. Not ~2 years ago, when it appeared in the Nightly builds, nor now. All of my addons are supposedly compatible with multiprocess - but nothing still works. I changed a couple of values in about:config - still nothing.

Oh, and FYI, I'm running XP - could that be the cause?

Aight

>Oh, and FYI, I'm running XP

Fucking why?

Weak computer, and I'm not the only one using it - I would've definitely installed GNU/Linux on it otherwise.

>self destructing cookies not multiprocess compatible

I guess there's nothing I can do then?

on ungoogled chromium + windows 10

Nice. Here's how made firefox faster:
I stopped using it on a laptop.

>FF's API is much more flexible.
It will be dropped anyway.

Basically it will have a 100% Chrome like addons:
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions

Lightning uses the in-built Android renderer.
You have to use Marshmallow+ to have Play Store update it.

But yes, it is still a bit slower than Chrome.
Free Adblock Browser > Lightning+ > Anything else > FF (fucking (slow) fox).

Shut the fuck up, faggot!

Funny how Firefox is actually faster and scored better on benchmarks than Chromium.

So the maximal number is 20?

Incorrect unless you are using XP or Vista. Windows processes became dual-core utilized with 7 and quad-core+ with 8 and 10.

> We plan to add our own APIs based on the needs of existing Firefox add-ons.
wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions

Yes, e10s isn't comint to XP, and support for it will be droped altogether in Firefox 53. You can use Firefox ESR 52 until mid-2018

>Thumbnail Zoom Plus and Advanced Cookie Manager
>not Imagus and Cookie Monster
Heck there's even a thumbnail userscript.

>winblows 10

Well shit, the dev is the only one who can fix this? SD Cookies is godtier.

>not setting exceptions manually and setting firefox to clean cookies on exit
>using addons with stupid names and feel safe
wew

Nice placebo.

>Multiprocess Windows 0/1 (Disabled by add-ons)
>restart with addons disabled
>try new clean profile
fuck you firefox

it's not really completely incompatible though, i have SD cookies enabled and Multi process works

I have no emojis working in v50 ???

try using v38 or v28

google it

I know how to make it work by installing a font but it is supposed to be native now?

you have to forcefully enable it yourself or it shuts down by itself if partially incompatible or incompatible addons are enabled to make sure it doesn't crash

about:config, moron

But I tried without any addons installed.

>WebGL Renderer
>google
uhhh guys?

yeah we know

>an entire 5 points dedicated to "web payments"
sit dismissed

Well, searching google for items during the last 7 days has given me absolutely no more idea about enabling them. What exactly am I looking for in about:config. There is nothing for 'emoji'. Sorry for not being physic and knowing the secret codewords.

Well, fuck. What am I fucking supposed to do, then? Webkit browsers use the system's SSL certificates, and those on XP are running out. I already can't visit certain websites (these using "Let's Encrypt", for example). Thankfully, Firefox has these certificates bundled with the browser, and keeps them up-to-date (when using Firefox).

What am I supposed to fucking do? I can't fucking move to GNU/Linux or a newer Windows version.

you have to go back

Buy a shitty but new computer and install lincucks?

You have until mid-2018 to get a new computer, good luck.

this guy is really a moron
browser.tabs.remote.autostart=true

extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons=false

extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling=false
browser.tabs.remote.force-enable=true
dom.ipc.processCount=50
If values are not there, create them

disable it in about config...mm...moron...