Does anyone here know anything about PLC programming...

Does anyone here know anything about PLC programming? I'm trying to teach myself ladder logic from a book and youtube videos. I know this is very lowly and basic stuff so please no bully. I'm just not sure where to go to get certified and which certs I need.

Is dat that some LOGO?

What do you need?

>t. Ladder pro

a job

Well I'm an electrician and would like to become an automation tech. Allen Bradley has a certification program for about 1000 bucks. I wonder if this would be enough to get me in the door somewhere or would demonstrated proficiency in setting up programs in rslogix do the trick. Also what should I be studying ? Are the older protocols more in demand because companies don't upgrade as often as they should? Just curious.

>
I don't know about certs.
Ladder logic is easy as fuck and with the right software to try it, you could become proficient in a few weeks of continuous work.

What protocols? Are you talking about communication protocols?

different user here with same desires.

what software do you use in field? want to learn and practice

The software depends on the hardware used.

For example, Siemens PLC's will be programmed with either TIA Portal or Step7.
Mitsubishi hardware will use other software, Omron will use other software, etc etc

Try codesys, it's free and you Can program in ladder, function block or structured text, it Can run into a rapsberry and the license for the raspy is 25$.
Codesys got a powerful emulator for PLC and an integrated web visualization

Can you link? Am retard and cant find free version

You're #1

By protocols I meant plc5 vs SLC500 which is easier and uses tags. nvm. I'm still just learning terminal I/O adressing. So what programs are good to learn? Allen Bradley? Siemens? All of them? Also can you download them for free or for on trial basis?

NVM. You just answered my question. If you have any more advice lay it on us brother. Thanks in advance.

I'm God mode with VFD from Eaton. Anything really. Start with Eaton.

I just want to spend my entire existence with my face between thighs.

In my opinion Siemens is the best brand.

>posts technology on a technology board
>GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

Siemens is the apple of the automation components companys

kasia

So siemens eaton and allen bradley to start. Here are some fat asses for your troubles.