/mg/- Mouse General

Mouse general

What are the best tracking mice as of November 2016
I'm looking for one that isn't gaudy and GAYMEResqe but still tracks well if i need to play a game.

Using a Logitech G502, it's flawless so far imo

I used Revoltec FightMouse Elite before but it starts to get wonky (drawing a straight line in paint, its all wobbly).
What are some big mice for big guys? I like profiled ones.
I considered CM Storm Sentinel II / III ive heard its pretty good. I

G403 Prodigy Wired or Wireless. Logitech MX Master.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I have a Logitech Anywhere MX and I'm eyeing the next version for a work mouse. They came down in price, but so did the MX Master.

Thoughts?

never ever buy a genius traveler 6000z

Microsoft: MLT04 >500hz
Optical Blue
Intellimouse Wheel Mouse Optical
Intellimouse Opitcal 1.1
Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Logitech:
mx300/mx310/mx500/mx510/mx518/g1/g100s/g400/g400s/g402
G303 Daedalus Apex 3366
G502 Proteus Spectrum 3366 HEAVY
G900 Chaos Spectrum WIRELESS 3366
G102 ?
GPRO 3366
G403 Prodigy/Wireless 3366

Zowie/Benq: 3310
EC/1/2-A
FK/1+/1/2
ZA1/1/2/3

Final Mouse:
Classic Ergo 3310
Tournament Pro 3310
Scream One 3360

Razer:
Abyssus 3988
Abysuss v2 3329?
DeathAdder 2k13 3988
DeathAdder Chroma 3989
DeathAdder Elite 3389

Dream Machine:
DM1 Pro S 3360
DM1 Pro 3310
DM2 Comfy 3310

Steelseries:
Rival 700 3360 HEAVY
Rival 500 3360 HEAVY
Rival 300 3310
Rival 100 3059

Cougar:
Revenger 3360
550M 3988
530M 3310
500M 3090
450M 3310
400M 3090
300M 3090

Roccat:
Kone XTD Optical 3988
Kone Pure Military 3310

Asus:
ROG Gladius S3988
ROG Sica 3310
Stix Claw 3310

Mionix:
Avior 7000 3310
Naos 7000 3310
Naos QG 3360
Castor 3310

EVGA:
Torq X5 3988
Torq X3 3090

Other:
Nixeus Revel 3360
Cooler Mastermouse Pro L 3360
Corsair Gaming M65 PRO 3360
Ducky Secret 3310
Ducky Secret M 3310
Genius m6-600 3310
Genius M6-400 3310
Fnatic Flick Optical Mouse 3310
Fnatic Clutch Optical Gaming Mouse 3310
Gigabyte XM300 S3988
Hori Edge 101 S3988
QPAD 8k Optical 3310
Tesoro Saggita Spectrum 3310
Ninox Aurora BST 3090
Perrix 1800 3090

which one of these is the cheapest and has a perfect sensor?

go wireless and get a g602 for cheap. you'll regret it when it soon gets discontinued

What's the point of the fancy metal things that come with it? Are you supposed to make your mouse heavier with them and improve precision or something?

g303 or prodigy

Even though everybody wants a lighter mouse, those are included because it can be listed as a feature. That's why they're always removable. It doesn't improve anything but the marketability.

how much of these mouses are compatibile with linux?

none, linux hasnt added mouse support yet

>rubber grip
Only greasy faggots use mice with that shit

Everything Zowie and Mionix. Logitech mice will run but their botnet spyware that lets you set custom keybindings while it reports your "user habits" (every running process and browsing data if you use IE/Edge/Firefox/Chrome) won't work.

Getting the Ducky Secret RGB as a christmas present, will report in about a month from now.

I have a Rival 100 and I'm pretty satisfied with it. They are going for 25 Eurodollars on Black Friday sales.

Personally I don't use them

>I'm looking for one that isn't gaudy and GAYMEResqe but still tracks well if i need to play a game.

nobody ever sees your mouse you autistic loser

this one

>There will never be another mouse like the mx518 in your life time

just light my shit up and shove some tiny weights in there senpai

I have never hated a mouse more than I hated that one

Getting a new mouse.

My mice purchases have gone from the Mx1000 or w/e that top-end Logitech wireless mouse was in 2005, to $20 wired mice. To a Mionix Avior 7000 that was faulty, to deciding on a G900. I'm thinking the buttons moving to the side and the holes in the design will annoy me, should I get a 403 instead ?

I do like ambi dex mice, can't recall using one that's aimed for a single hand. I claw grip too.

stop doing more generals you fucking niggers cancer

Just bought this Rival 300 today at IEM Oakland, even though I've already got one.
>Rival 300 Fade
>Rival 300 Hyperbeast
>G700
>Performance MX
>this Favi for my HTPC if it counts

Way to nigger up that english there

What am i looking at in this image? Why are there two clearly different character models.

ugly as shit

Looks like someone aborted a Transformers fetus mid transformation

The only wired mouse I've ever owned
Been using it since 02 or so

I've used a few wireless for when I'm watching things

I'd like to upgrade eventually but my mouse is still working fine

Kone XTD Optical 3988
Kone Pure series

or bust.

Seconded. Dirt cheap in like-new condition off fleabay.

G403 Wireless > G900

I have yet to see one that is a good upgrade
Most things just have more features than I need
5 buttons is plenty
I don't wan't mess with weights or leds
I just want a mouse that works and is a good size in hand

My mx518 is starting to die. Lasted for about 7 years. Still tried with warranty but nothing, as expected.

I'm thinking about getting a Roccat Pure Kone. I've tried a lot of mice and this feels great for my small hands and it's also a claw mouse. Funny how the mx518 is fairly large and is a palm mouse yet I still used it for this long. I'm worried about the reliability though.

Can anyone offer anything regarding Roccat mice?

Magnetic buttons feel like normal buttons when they're in place. You get both sides, so you have 4 buttons on the side, even though your off side is kinda awkward to press.
403 is lighter, but doesn't have the free scrolling or +/- dpi.

I bought one of those funky newer "gaming" mice, you know, the ones in the "gaming" section instead of the "computer peripheral" section. The button click pressure was completely inconsistent, and the left mouse button only registered about 80% of the time.

Aggravating as fuck. Give me a reliable, old mouse, with textured plastic over some new piece of shit with pseudo-rubber finish that wears off in under a week.

Can you guys recommend some decent wireless kb+m combos for no more than $50 combined?

I'll be using it with my Steam Link, so I just need something that isn't completely awful with at least 2 side buttons on the mouse.
I'm thinking a compact keyboard without a numpad is the way to go, but I'm a little apprehensive using about the flat keys for gaming.

exactly
I have friends who have gone through nearly half a dozen mice while I've used the same one always

How is the G900?

It's expensive as hell and seems to have fewer programmable buttons as the G502 yet seems to advertise it has the same tracking and everything else.

Is it more comfortable is it actually better than the G502?

I liked it better than the 502, the 502 has such a fucking awful cable it's not even usable as a mouse.

I found the G900 more comfortable as well and yes the tracking was flawless. However with the release of the G403 I can't even recommend the 900 unless you want an ambidextrous mouse with hyperscrolling.

The cable really? Alright that's an unusual complaint.
For me the biggest complaint is the fact the hyperscrolling tends to move around still when I stop but the cable itself doesn't bother me.

I had to use some additional mousefeet on the 502 as well because the stock ones weren't thick enough and the bottom of the mouse was scratching my Alioth XXL. I went back to my Avior 7000 until I got the G900.

More like a mad katz mouse.

Fucking hell
also
>ambidextrous
Okay wait that was the main thing that I was looking for on why it was probably expensive.

I probably would have got the G403 if it had the hyperscrolling.

And I am still using a Razer Diamondback that I have had for probably 10 years now. Oh well! haha

Still shilling for 402.

GOAT sensor and perfect ergos for manhands claw or childhands palm.

>sticky rubber cable
>playdough design
>non centered weight
Why is this mouse even qualified for e-sports?

>>sticky rubber cable
yeah shit should be braieded but it stops being sticky fairly quickly and I havne't really had a problem with it
>>playdough design
>
>>non centered weight
I prefer the weight to be back in the palm, and this isn't even a valid point, it's always in the same spot so it doesn't matter at all.

I really love the xornet II shape but the sensor is real fucking shit. Not placebo 1 pixel skipping acceleration shit but real world perceptible 50x pixel cursor skipping shit.

My current mouse is a g303 cut nearly in half to the length of the xornet because I use a fingertip grip.

>tfw g400 stopped working after only 4 years
>tfw mx518 is still working after 9 years

Same here. But something is wrong with the cable with my Mx518. It disconnects randomly. Should I open it and have a look? Would I be able to put the feet back?

apparently this is a common problem with the MX518 (and G400), but I never had the issue with either one

I'm guessing you have the newer MX518 with only 3 feet? I opened up my G400 and was able to sort of put them back on, but never as well as before. Be careful that you don't just rip off the feet, leaving the adhesive on the mouse (it's possible and if that happens, you're not getting them on again). You can probably buy replacements on ebay, though

I guess switching from the superior 5 small feet to 3 feet that cover up the screws is just another way of them trying to keep people from fixing stuff themselves.

There's a bunch of MX518 being sold on Ebay from chink sellers. Are those legit or just fakes?

Just bought this.
I love it.

Oh, relevant to my circumstances.

Just noticed the plastic shell of my Steelseries Sensei [raw] cracking. I do like the aesthetic, but the software is trash.

Man, I wanna buy one of those so bad, but cannot find a single one on ebay or any other place. I tried the new one, and it's fucking awful.

Would give my left nut for the original 1600 DPI diamondback.

Dunno feels like I've been using the MX518 for 15 years.

how would you say the g403 is compared to the mx518 shape?

Heres a very dumb anecdote.

My friend came over a day before yesterday. I had something to do in the house so I just left him in my room. He browsed the internet for a good 15~20 minutes and then we left the house.
So tomorrow I ask him, didn't you notice anything? Hes like no what? I'm like I bought a G403. Hes like you WHAT? When? Few days ago you had it in your hand for like 20 minutes didn't you notice. And hes like what? No. What?
He uses a G400 just like me. So yeah he didn't even notice he had the G403 in his hand.
I'd say it's really close.

Question - what exactly makes a sensor "perfect"? I see this claim being put out but never an actual definition or criteria by which it's measured.

Also, does the position of the sensor on the mouse affect your feel of it?

is there any with a free scroll mouse scroll wheel for cheap? like logitech g500 g700 and mx 518 ? /csg/ tier is fine though

I dun know guys, the Razer Naga Chroma is going for 40$ on amazon :D

that sounds more like he just doesn't care about the mouse

I've been using the MX518 for years as well. A while ago I removed the logo as the paint started to come off and painted it completely black. Show me your mouse mods

who /g402/ the best middle ground multipurpose mouse here?
I had second thoughts while getting one bit now that I tested it I regret nothing

they can be had on ebay, but they are INSANE expensive. Last one I seen on there SOLD for $750 bucks, and a few more listings have popped up at around the same price. I fucking love this mouse. If they started making it again, i'd buy 10.

>LEDs
>Designed like it was Darth Vader's Nintendo
/ctg/ - Children's Toy General

Found one. Also, make no mistake. It will sell for that much.

I just got a G303 with a G240 pad but the pad is faulty. The mouse just slows down on a certain line of the surface. I hope the store replaces it, but until then, is there anything I can do with it?

He does he wanted to buy one.

Wow remember when World Cyber Games was actually a big thing?

what is greatest mouse for $35?

so, never?

how long does your mouse live?
my limit is 2 years, do more expensive mice live longer?

I have a Mionix Avior 7000 which I have bought last year.

I am feeling now that the left click is not so fresh and crisp anymore, especially compared to the right click.

Is there a way to change the clicking mechanism without buying a new mouse?

Is there any mouse out there, which clicks do not wear out after just 1 year?

Used G400?

Have you tried calibrating it on the surface? Newer Logitech mice with this sensor tend to be really touchy about that, I've had them refuse to track at all until calibrated.

Yeah, it's the same.

What do you consider living?

2004 - MX510 - Still works fine double clicks right click sometimes, school wheel very worn out. Still works for normal browsing and RTS games and such.
2008 - G5 Rev 2 - Still works makes weird sounds on clicks that sometimes don't register. I used this as my laptop mouse.
2012 - G400 still works fine but the click feel sort of worn out. No double clicks or anything. The plastic connected to the switches is lose so they make a sound if you lightly tap them. That got too irritating so I bought a new one.
2016 - G403 well it's a few days old so nothing.

I tried factory default and the problem seems to be gone now. What the fuck, Logitech.

I use Steelseries Kana v2 . it's very good

Using this since 3 months. Seems okayish, but I miss my g300.

I lost my G402 in a move. Sad. What's the best alternative that's not stupid expensive?

So is there anything out there if I like the meme buttons that let me switch mouse sensitivity like the logitech g402 but I don't want any stupid LEDs on my damn mouse

I don't know, but my g9x is still humming along fine.

Is there any difference between G400 and G400s?

Don't get the listing. From top to bottom best to worst?

MS Sidewinder is GOAT

I've had tons of other mice but always find myself going back to the sidewinder

Ah, I am getting used to it!

Are Microsoft still making these?

What's a good mouse with similar shape to the m100 but has side buttons? I use claw grip btw.

Mine survived after a day of being being submerged in muddy flood waters until I found it again. Just opened it up and cleaned the gunk out and still working great to this day.

Any change the Logitech G403 might go on sale this BF, CM or Xmas?

So I've had 3 Razer Deathadder's fail on me and now my Logitech G400's cord is, as prophesied, starting to fail. Need a replacement with a perfect optical sensor. Obviously, given my experience, reliability is important, so absolute no to Razer. Any recommendations?

Oh, and it has to be able to dpi switch without fucking software.

get another mx518/g400/g400s if you can find one

Maybe the new G403. I don't know if you can switch dpi without ever installing the software, though. You can probably install it, set up and save the profile to the on-board memory and then get rid of the software.

This. I've been using it for 1,5 years (time flies) and it's the best mouse in my life.

g402 or g302 longitech