Now that the dust has settled, what do you think of Chrome OS?

Now that the dust has settled, what do you think of Chrome OS?

Is it a botnet? Is it something of value?

NO IT'S FUCKING NOT GET OUT OF MY THREAD

@57589414
Hahahaha, you finally changed your shitty screenshot since your shitposts kept getting deleted, neck yourself dyke(faggot).

It's a botnet. Unless you're a normie who only needs a Facebook machine, there's no reason to be using it.

isn't it just another linux distro?

It's too googely.

having it tied to the google drive makes my docs safe

I only use it to watch movies, YouTube, Twitch, and sometimes fap content. You can also keep a virtual flash of Android on ChromeOS to use some of your favorite apps. If you're looking for a very minimal and light OS to use on the go, it's a prime choice.

>guaranteed replies

I appreciate your shitposting

>everything in the cloud

It's shit, install gentoo

it's the worst """linux""" distro out there.

>being this ignorant
it's already gentoo, fucktard.

it's botnet but if you need to browse the web, edit some docs on the fly, shitpost, watch some youtube it's comfy as fuck. Also a lot of the chromebooks with some tweaking can run linux just fine or even dual boot.

Chromebooks are mostly used by brokeass college students so it's not a botnet. think of it as a $200 facebook machine

>$200 facebook machine
pretty good value

Patiently waiting for the playstore to be released on dev channel on my Chromebook. The ChromeOS does almost everything I need for on the go. I just want a decent music player, MX player, and emulators.

I can do other things like programming with remote desktop to my main desktop at home. I don't recommend Chromebooks as a main computer but they're perfect secondary computers.

It isnt anything like gentoo anymore.
Man people are idiots.

can you customize chrome OS by chaning the wallapper

>CP bookmark

yes

Why would it not be a botnet. Do anyone think chrome is not a botnet?

Where the fuck do I get a legitimate copy of it holy shit.

Last time I tried you had to download this weird file and use the chrome recovery tool, but it didn't install so fuck that.

Chrome OS is comfy as fuck if you don't mind the botnet.

AFAIK you can't get pure chrome OS without a Chromebook. There are close alternatives such as CloudReady, but it's not as up to date and doesn't have the play store. You could also try chromium os, but it lacks the play store, flash, PDF reader, and auto-update capabilities.

>@
wew

how is it a botnet?

It's developed by Google

It is a botnet, but is less botnet than Windows 10.

You do realize we're talking about Google, right?

It isn't really a OS, given that all it can really do is browse the web.

You do realize we're talking about win10 right?

chrome os is botnet, but the actual devices are perfect for linux laptops (duh)

>what do you think of Chrome OS?

I don't. Ever.

Does the WM do Wayland yet?

It doesn't use xorg or wayland. It looks slick though, what is the closest wm to it?

>contributing to the (you) counter

I legitimately enjoy using Chrome OS desu. The update process is completely painless and Chrome OS is actually a lot more capable than I thought at first.

I wish my Chromebook didn't have an ARM processor so I could install something that isn't so shitty

You can use Google Docs (with a trackpad) and browse Sup Forums on it that's about it