How do you build a computer from zero?

How do you build a computer from zero?

I don't mean assembly parts. I mean just from basic components like resistors, capacitors or transistors and wires.

Other urls found in this thread:

nand2tetris.org
lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide
youtube.com/watch?v=FLnUukOJyZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't.
Now fuck off.

By studying electrical engineering.

nand2tetris.org

You first start by creating the universe.

You can kill yourself right.

You use logic gates to build a CPU that can crunch numbers.. from threre you add ability to store those numbers into memory and do things with the results ..

So using materials such as resistor capacitor semi conductor.. etc.. you use electrical flow, and logic gates, in order to take in two numbers (represented by 1 or 0, charge or no charge etc) and then manipulate them e.g you can make a basic module that can do addition, subtraction.. from there you can do multiplication etc..

its all layers of abstraction after that .. and obviously theres a lot more to it

look up logic gates first if you're interested

First time I built my PC my father helped me back in 2002
lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide

Learn carpentry and build a Jacquard loom. You should be able to take it from there.

What's your fucking problem?

I'd recommend reading "But How Do It Know?" by John Scott. It's an amazing book that explains how every single PC component works, from the ALU, RAM and Hard Disk thru the monitor.

It teaches you everything from zero too, starting with logic gates and ending with a bunch of Scott's CPU Machine Code Instructions. An incredible book in my opinion. It also explains everything very clearly, as the book states, "even a 5 y/o would understand".

The internet is oozing with pdfs of it (pic-related, the cover).
Whatcha waitin for? Go read it!

>inb4 Scott Shill
Hey, this book is state-of-the-art.

you don't build shit
nobody builds shit
you design it and send it to a chink factory to have it made for you

Hi Shill.

S W I T C H E S
Start answering yes or no questions 4000000000 times a second

It's not that hard you retard.

He's just building a computer, not making an apple pie.

the posts in this thread are just as cringy as i expected. thanks for posting, losers.

to actually answer your question: you only need to define a means of evaluation, and a means of applying that evaluation, and a means of looping this operation.

application is usually done through a means of abstraction, which is usually defined using a number system. numbers are represented in base 2, binary because it is simpler to mechanise than base 10 or other bases.

once you understand this, you'll realise that anything can be modelled abstractly using this system.

a computer does not need to be electronic. in fact, computers were not electronic until about 70 years ago. if you want to build an electronic computer, you just build a regular mechanical computer, then you transcribe it to the electronic components required to perform the same job.

making a simplified MIPS cpu isn't that hard in theory

it's all about ones and zeros (on and off/high and low voltage) and gates that allow them to be read, changed, and written

if you have a way to input data, manipulate it, and output it, you almost have a computer. If you have a way to execute different programs that read, manipulate, and output data in different ways, then you basically have a computer. learn a thing or two about basic breadboard electronics projects and become familiar with different components and popular ICs and you could eventually work your way into making your own computer, but it takes time

>if you have a way to input data, manipulate it, and output it, you almost have a computer

wew someone has a Diploma of IT and nothing else

It can't be that hard, autistit kids can make CPUs in Minecraft out of redstone.

Also you have access to the internet, why aren't you just googling the answer?

>if you have a way to input data, manipulate it, and output it, you almost have a computer.
so my coffee grinder is almost a computer? wow thanks user.

>How do you build a computer from zero?

It takes like 100000 people and 10000000000000000 hours of manpower

It is a mystery. no one knows apart from those people.

You need to study computer engeneering, assembly language and then you can waste your neet time building a deprecated computer made with relays like video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLnUukOJyZE

is teh universe a computer?

>data

heh, i used to have that nzxt case

You'd have to collectively ask all the people/robots that are used for production of all components used right from the start where people look for spots where they think they should make a mine.