Mfw gtx 680

>mfw gtx 680
>mfw everything still runs on high or ultra settings

Let's have a thread for good Tech purchases. What have you bought within the last few years that's turned out great?

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_270X/26.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also.
>mfw

My i5 4690k.
Unless zen seriously outperforms intel or kaby delivers considerable (read: not the 5% incremental upgrade skylake brought to the table) performance gains i have literally no reason to upgrade barring my mobo dying.

>2.9 ghz i7
>THREE Seagate 1TB HDDs

>mfw 270X
>mfw it originally competed against a 660Ti
>mfw it's close to your 680 now

It's actually running at 4.1ghz.

I can push it to 4.3, but then it goes over 90°c and I don't like that.

This. I have an i7 930 and it's the same deal, shit runs HOT when clocked over 4GHz

Post footage of your GTX 680 running Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Dishonored 2, Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, GTA V, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mafia 3, Hitman, Doom, Far Cry: Primal, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon 3, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Dark Souls 3 or The Division running at 1080p/60fps/Ultra please.

Thanks babe.

That's great and all, but why does it matter?

>bragging rights
Good for you mate (:

Show me any 4 year old gpu doing that

Are you poor?

I still have a computer with i7-920 and 680 in it, but it's mostly there just in storage for if and when my new computer breaks

>always keep the previous generation of tech in good working order in case something fucks up

Just bought this. No regrets... yet.

My GTX 680 was doing great until I bought a 3440x1440 screen. Now it sucks.

Not entirely.

But why upgrade when it's still performing above my standards?

I upgraded from a gtx 260, I tend to hold off on upgrades for a while until I can't get smooth framerates at medium in everything.

FD Arc Midi. My previous case was literally a jew furnace for my parts, no cable routing whatsoever.

It's still great for 1080p, but yeah for that you'd want at least a 1070.

Werks great

>fx 8300
>gt740

Why not an fx 6300+gtx 670/770?
Unless you need that cpu performance more?

>mfw rebranded factory overclocked card
>mfw the original was meant to compete against the 660 ti
>mfw thanks to a factory overclock it's performing better than the original 7870 it's based on

>50MHz more core
>"I-It's the overclock!"
Pic related is 2013
> is 2016

Go back to your Zen threads, Pajeet.

>relative performance
>all resolutions
Kek

>Show me any 4 year old gpu doing that

That's the point, retard. Why do people always have to overstate how good their shitty old hardware is?

>My GTX 680 can still run ANY game on ultra!

What about [insert 50 different games from the past few years]?

>They don't c-count! Ultra settings I tell you!

Had my 3930K for a bit over 3 years now and still going well, clocked at 4.7ghz

It's only now that it's starting to show its age - a stock 6700K matches its raw processing power so I'm eyeing an upgrade to Zen or a Broadwell-E chip early next year

>mfw it's almost the same on 1920x1080

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_270X/26.html

Show me the new straw you're grasping on.

Who said a 680 can run any game on ultra at a consistent 60fps?

my 570 4GB edition still runs most things at High to Ultra at decent FPS.maybe with a few options turned down to medium.

...sauce?

I need a fucking decent upgrade over my 660 GTX, Doom runs like complete ass on my card, and I can't manage a solid 70 with Overwatch on Medium in all settings.

...but I don't feel like spending $200 to do it.

>I care so much about what some user things so I'm going to spend countless hours doing so to prove a point

No fuck you dude. You don't wanna believe him fine, dont.

Kys.

What's your cpu? A 660 should still be fine for medium/high settings...

Use opengl in doom btw.

An i5 3570k. Unfortunately, my machine kept freezing when I got it and I didn't find out it was the motherboard until years later, and the only available replacements in my form factor were all shitty no-overclock motherboards, so no CPU overclock for me.

I cannot believe this is still usable considering the Atom name.

Doesn't make sense to get such poor performance, are you running doom in opengl or vulkan?

Have you considered maybe a used r9 290 or gtx 780?

>baytrail atom
Yeah they're pretty good.

Why wouldn't you be able to browse the web or use office on these without issue?

The 740GT does all I need. I play older games mostly. UT99/UT2k4,Quake 3, NOLF, you get the idea. Only recent vintage games are DOA5LR (I know, they kinda screwed up, but the game is fun nonetheless) Tomb raider Anniversary/Legend/Underworld. FFXIII.

>my [old GPU] still runs everything at ultra when you accept 30 FPS and turn most options actually down to medium, pls jerk me off for buying [old GPU]

According to these sort of threads, literally anything can run a game on very high/ ultra.

Well it's cheap chinkshit so that's most of my surprise and the last Atom I had was unusable out of the box.

> hours
he said "or" as in pick literally any game he mentioned, run it on ultra, and post proof of 60fps. OP is likely playing Undertale and Warcraft 3, patting himself on the back for his sick frame rate

joking aside, I recently bought a 6600k because my gtx 970 had been seriously bottle necked by my fx6300 and it's pretty fucking baller

Look at the OP, these fucking old GPU circlejerk threads are garbage.

Well for me, I'm fine as long as it doesn't dip below 35fps at all.

On ultra I'd be fine with something like average 40, min 35. But I'd probably do a ultra/high hybrid setting combo to get a higher framerate.

Not op btw, but I'm also quite content with my gtx 670 so far.

You didn't answer the question.

>old GPU
You shut your punk mouth.

OpenGL.

I turned Doom ultra low in order to hit a solid 60, but it looks so....ugly. Overwatch actually is solid 70 on medium most of the time, but there are certain maps or certain sections that dip and it's kind of a pain.

I also run at 1920x1200, dunno if that makes a difference.

780 Ti Classified
Still going strong at 1440p
Only change I've had to make is slapping in another 2x4 GB kit for 16GB total due to some games. That only cost $35

OP here.
I would have gone 16GB too, but I ended up getting 2x2GB for free and so far 12GB is feeling like overkill.

Yeah, that's weird.
I've got a friend with a gtx 650 still running many games on medium at ~40fps average.
We mostly play bf4 and gta v though.

>Seagate

Hope you've made backups

It's software raid 0 actually, and all 3 are second hand :^)

>680
Ayy, 770 here, still going strong