How did you get your job, Sup Forums?

How did you get your job, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fellatio and letting my boss bang my wife.

>Engineering Job
>Referencing CS

Dear God, have mercy on us all...

Sent my CV. Went to the interview when they called.

Got my CS degree, went to a tech recruiter, they placed me same day.

this is the only reasonable answer

Why would an engineering job need a computer science degree?

System engineering you twat

Was in school and took an internship. Didn't go back to school. Honestly I don't see why anyone graduates anymore. I'm making decent money and saved myself years of tuition and fees.

I banged some guy's wife and the board members thought it showed initiative.

50% skill, 50% nepotism. Did not have completed education until year and some after I started working.

>spend a year job hunting
>no one cares for my BTEC and CCNAs
>apply for an apprenticeship
>nothing for 3 months
>suprise phone call at 4:50PM on a Friday
>"hello user, would you like to attend an interview tomorrow at 9AM?"
>sure (short notice much?)
>get to agency
>interviewer is an hour late
>do basic competency test
>pass
>tell us to mail out CVs to employees with a letter explaining the apprentice program
>do exactly that
>get reply from a local embedded systems business
>be on a Windows course
>get hired as a Linux admin
>install Gentoo on my workstation for shits and giggles

pretty comfy for a clusterfuck

I got an internship by applying to a shit ton of places while pursuing a CS degree. They liked me so I continued working there after graduating.

this except still no degree

we arent allowed to call ourselves software engineers now?

My boss happens to live on my street, knocked on my door one day and offered me a job.

I want a job at this meme company, but they only hire pretentious ivy douches. How can I land my DREAM JOB?

>sent CV, filled with lies - if it passes, it passes
>invited to an interview
>lied and kissed ass so much that my lips became pajeet brown
>got the job I know shit about
>used my brains and fuckton of improvisation to do job
>became good as fuck
>got salary and permanent contract
>buying chinkshit by the ton
>enjoy life

females make the best engineers

CIS degree, career services aide, had around a dozen interviews and applying over the course of 20 months, ain't got shit.

I hate the Midwest

If you could move, where would you go?

>Interaction Engineer

That sounds like "HR bitch"

>Developer Relations Engineer
>Frontend Engineer

Anywhere I could afford. I have no friends so it doesn't matter. Except California.

Taught myself web dev from scratch, got a job at the first place I applied to a month and a half later.

If they're hiring humanities degrees over you, then you must be shit.

Apparently the Psychology fags didn't feel satisfied after inventing Social Engineering.

Or they got mad that politicians and activists took those job positions instead and needed to create new job positions for them to fill in.

DoD internship got me a TSSCI clearance, it was all downhill from there

at least we're not britain

I'm about halfway through doing this at the moment. I've just done their online skill-test, they asked how much I wanted to earn and I just put the lowest one in the dropdown (is still twice what I'm making now) any more advice on how to asskiss my way into this job?

Networking and supreme bullshitting skills

My current employer called me and I said ohh okay then.

>Tech recruiter

Why are you applying through a third party? It's not likely the company going to keep you for long since they have to pay the recruiter too.

I got in through 100% skill. My education wasn't worth anything. My references were only from shitty menial jobs.

It's only a level 2 helpdesk job but I landed it by having good work experience and being sociable and grounded in the interview. First day is next Monday, wish me luck anons

Neighbour is CEO

Was one of the only guys crazy enough for the job

thing is, I actually believe you.

Knowing the president of the company's brother.

They messaged me on LinkedIn, then had an interview and a coding test.

You can't get cucked out of two years harder than a BTEC

Absolute madman.

>implying i have a job

I hope your wife is ugly

youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg

I didn't.

I might be getting a job soon (finally).

Connetcions from webdeving for free for a gaming community.
Sysadmin asked if I was interested in a job. It worked.

My boss recruited me. He also said as long as I take the vitamins and wear the clothes he buys I can stay on the job.

post anonymized version of said CV

Started my own business.

>knock on the door of a lecturer's office at my uni
>ask if she still needs TAs
>get a job as electronics 101 TA
It probably helped that I'm at a small uni and our electronics department is really small.
It's a comfy job, especially since I'd want to work at some university in a future.

By applying for it

Is CCNA shit? I have to do one as part of my CS BScH.

No. Just almost everyone has it. It's basic knowledge.

Probably a clickbait article. Technically you can be an industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc without a CS degree
I know a programmer with a Math degree though

>Interaction Engineer

oh come on

I put a nigger to a coffin to demonstratr my black box testing skills

No, but not having one makes you shit. Its somehow entry level, unless you have a harder certicifation

>vitamins.
Have you noticed any breast growth recently?

>code artisans

>implying I work

The girl must have very impressive deepthroating skills to pull that off.

>System engineering
Oh look, something that doesn't require CS.

You should go look up what system engineering is, buddy.

Not your personal butler, niggerboy.

Don't put the lowest available, it shows you don't think you are worth the job. Look up what is average starting wage on the position and go just slightly lower.

Current role?

Work in insurance. Was the resident nerd and built a reputation as being reliable at "that IT stuff." Now I'm a test analyst and paid $92K AU in an organisation that's agile in methods (I haven't thought for a long time, and it's a chill gig). I work from home on Mondays.

Same story here. Degrees in IT stop mattering once you can offer actual skill.

Once you get the actual real world experience, no one worth working for should require a degree from you.

I have a computer engineering degree. Now I'm an embedded software engineer for an automotive firm.

Having a website with all my projects helped a lot.

I'm not great at the whole motor thing yet and their embedded code is a mess, but the coworkers are good and my next job will be even better so I'm okay with it.

I'm 23 and have no other education except for a few grad courses. Should I get my masters?

Worked in private sector at a semi - gov agency for a year and a half due to family member who also worked there told me about a job opening they had. Family member had zero input on me getting the job. (october 2003-jan 2005). After 1.5 years got fired cause some other person who worked there had a family member who needed a job. I was lowest paid person on payroll so ... In 2005 after no work for several months I got hired in May at a state gov job. Been there ever since. I don't get paid for my IT skills though, actual job has nothing to do with IT but I handle all my co-workers IT problems cause I'm faster than in house IT staff at getting results.

They're also taking "Business Analyst" jobs by injecting themselves as an intermediary between IT and the rest of the company like said with "Developer Relations".
I have to work with one daily and it's a gigantic pain in the ass.

knocking on the door and asking for the job.
literally.

social engineering is literally just having enough brain cells to fake your intensions

CS graduates are not engineers.

I was in the park when a recruiter phoned me up. I had a phone interview with my boss and then another with a guy in India. Then I had a face to face interview. Got offered the job. Ended up doing a completely different thing to what I applied for in the first place, but this is better

dude why lurk on Sup Forums
masters? depends on position if they ever require it.

Most research positions want a masters or related work exp or both

>failed to get internship last year of cs degree
>out of desperation I built a complex game for android
>show it to some consulting firm and they love it so much they hire me despite my autism
>worked as a game dev / android dev for a while
>company decides to axe their mobile team
>my manager liked me so much he dragged me to every company he went to afterward so I'm always guaranteed a job
>I now work on enterprise Spring backends while my old classmates are still doing petty tasks, inb4 poo in loo, spring is hard you fags

>spring
>hard

You're probably not in this thread anymore, but what were you majoring in and what job did you get?

Studying IT.
Mandatory third year internship,
Apply for 5 places, get accepted for interviews in 5 places.
Pick one that pays the most.
Do internship.
Ask team lead if i can have a 16 hour contract because working at a supermarket sucks.
Get 16 hour contract, work 2 days while finishing school / work 40 hours during summer.
In the Netherlands if anyone wonders.

Christ, you're disgusting.

Math graduates make better software engineers than CS graduates, fact. I'm not one myself, but they have a much better mindset for the job. All they need is to learn how to use the tools, after the initial period of learning, they'll be far more productive than any CS shitter.

I hope your boss is a black gentleman and your wife is expecting his child so the cuckpost fanfiction can be complete.

Because of my dad's contacts

wew

Why not California?

Whoa hold on you lunatic

what did u learn exactly?

First year I was Electrical Engineering, second year I switched Computer Science, and I landed a local startup. This was in Autstin, TX.

The usual web dev stuff, HTML/CSS JS Python and PHP and tools like bootstrap and wordpress.

I know html/css js php bootstrap and learning drupal, should I start python and wp to get a better salary?(getting something close to minimal wage right now)

minimum wage*

>anno domini
>being a wagecuck

You get get $20/hr pretty easily. Our highschool student interns with no skills get paid $15/hr.

Famalam I'm applying to an automotive firm to do an internship. Any advice? Halfway through my masters in eee and I took embedded and power electronics/drives classes so I should be ok with questions/tasks on that stuff..

Have zero work history, I feel stuck in that "no job because no experience because no job.." loop.