20 from my development staff just got replaced by HB1 Pajeets

I think I'm next on the chopping block. What do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU
youtube.com/watch?v=YSyRMtT0-sM
h1bdata.info/highestpaidcompany.php
visaxp.com/no-salary-h1b-visa-bench/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe be competent next time? lol

Install Gentoo

>lol I just pretend to work and browse reddit all day
>wtf why am I being replaced!

>What do Sup Forums?

Take the next two months off and wait for america to be great again?

Start removing comments from your code.

if your company can't revert those changes trivially then you should have quit a long time ago.

Go through the git and remove the comments from your code there as well.

underrated comment

Evil

I'm pretty sure if you did any of this (removed comments from the head, actively rewrote history, etc...) you would get fired no matter what. It doesn't really matter that now you're the only person with institutional knowledge. You're actively sabotaging the company.

Hell, if you work at a tech company I'd bet anything that rewriting the git repo's history to remove comments might be something their legal counsel could sue you over.

Hold out until President Trump puts an end to this shit.

He never wrote comments in the first place ;-)

... and it got past code reviews?

and he didn't quit within the first few weeks?!

Trump isn't going to send back legal aliens that were brought in under the previous administration. Trump will simply reduce the H1B quotas so that new alien workers will be harder to import.

Stop working for a shitty company that's about to go under.

>die hair
>grow moustache
>apply shoe polish
>eat takeaway curries for breakfast

They'll never know

Thus. Obama Fuck us over.

I hate being Black sometime.

you're not supposed to write comments, ya dingus

if that's the policy where you work, you should quit right this minute.

god it's like you people on Sup Forums don't have any instinct for self-preservation. do you guys burn your hands on the stove all the time too?

White people deserve this tbfh

Unspeakably dumb.
1. What do you think would happen if devs suddenly cost 2x and IT/Ops cost 3x?
2. Do you really believe it's remotely possible corporate America will allow their operating costs to be increased like this?

No anti-H1B bill with teeth will ever make it out of committee.
Sorry bros. This has been going on for years, anyway. Plenty of time to retool for a different career.

>Trump will simply reduce the H1B quotas
No he won't, quotas are already small as it is, if he wanted to stop immigration of random people he would've vowed to shut down the yearly Green Card lottery.

H1B means getting qualified personnel into the country, Green Card lottery means getting random people into the country, qualified or not, including terrorists.

>h1b rajeets
>qualified personnel

How do you think the process of obtaining a H1B visa goes down? They won't give it to people who aren't competent, that's the point of H1B. You can live in your meme land all you want, but that's not how the real world works.

This, only aliens going back are illegal immigrants. All trump wants to do is stop H1B abuse that uses it for cheaper labor.

>I think I'm next on the chopping block. What do Sup Forums?

quit your job and start a computer shop.

What about when they notice you're getting paid 5x times more and use a toilet

Trump could make companies pay HB1 the same as real people

>How do you think the process of obtaining a H1B visa goes down?
>post job ad with "3-year min experience in every feild under the sun, pay is the middle finger that I will give you every day, no callbacks, we will let you know when you get the job but no communication beforehand"
>wait 3 months, ignore any and all applications, reject anyone who applies as "unqualified"
>go to indian tech firm, they will make all of that shit up to qualify
>apply for a shit ton of h1b visas to jam the process and be assured at least one approval (no need to do that anymore, indian tech firms will do that for you now)
>get indian (literal) wage slaves
>???
>Profit!

he won't poo in the loo after his metamorphosis

That's some fine piece of anecdotal made up evidence, hot out of your ass tier shit. Brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

Do you even know the difference between a green card and a non-immigrant visa?

No, that's how it's actually done. They post job listings and pretend that applicants in the US don't meet their demands for the job. It's a necessary part of the visa application to show that they couldn't find Americans who could do the job

If you dont think exactly this happens in the h1b program, ive got some bad news :(
youtube.com/watch?v=YSyRMtT0-sM

>They post job listings and pretend that applicants in the US don't meet their demands for the job.
You do realize that they get paid almost the same amount of money, right?

Go join a startup or move to Vietnam

This, essentially.

Haha! It was your fault for working for a company that didn't respect your ability!

Or it was your fault for browsing Sup Forums all day long. You have gotten rekt.

I've been replaced by Pajeets years ago. Kept in contact, so I heard the company was having numerous problems with outsourcing to Chennai. Pajeets who claimed were "fluent in English" were anything but. They couldn't program for shit. Remaining local staff ended up not only training them but doing their jobs for them.

Me, I went back to university, finished my degree and now work happily in academia. We have two Pajeets from Pakistan working on some robot project and failing hard. Nobody takes them seriously.

Pretty much this.

>H1B means getting qualified personnel into the country
Spotted the idealistic liberal!

Start a consultancy that hires the best of those 20 people who just got laid off.
Charge your company out the ass when pajeet cant deliver on the shit they lied about.

Vote Trump!

A corporation's job is to generate as much profit as possible. One way is to increase sales and revenue. Another is to decrease expenses, and employee salaries are an expense. That is why it is often said that corporations have no soul.

Unfortunately, most of the third world is such a craphole that people from there are HAPPY to come and work for 20% of your salary. With modern technology, anyone can have their CV read by anyone else in any country, and transport is cheap. If the corporation can afford the government license (or if there are no licenses required), that corporation will replace you for someone willing to accept 20% of your current salary.

However, the third world is still a craphole. Genius can thrive anywhere, but the average person is average, and the average third world craphole does not have good education. The person who is willing to accept 20% of your salary may not have 10% of your skill. Experienced corporations know this, typically via painful experience. They will only hire people are actually worth hiring: The geniuses of third world. Since geniuses are few, this should not threaten your job.

Inexperienced companies will hire lots of average workers and replace you. It might be to your benefit to leave such corporations, since they will inevitably experience failure.

And you? Make sure you do not get complacent. Keep learning, studying, and improving. Be 200% of what you are now, so that it will take 20 average third-world-educations to replace you.

Then you can be indispensable.

Can personally confirm. I, too, along with 70 others in my department, had to train our foreign replacements. We mistakingly blame 'pajeets' or others for taking our jobs, when in fact, it is upper management that make the decision to outsource American jobs.

The bottom line is, and always will be, money. I guess it's too painful for some to admit that they are being sold out by members of their own race/nationality. I do not believe this will change under Trump, though I do hope I am proven wrong over time.

why didn't you and the other 70 go on strike and occupy the offices instead?

>had to train our foreign replacements
Why didn't you literally steal your bosses car?

Disney is doing the same shit to their IT staff. If you didn't train the Pajeets then they would claim breach of contract and cut your severance pay

Pajeets are just the stepping stone. Pajeets will be replaced by automation as well.

Companies that are replacing you with pajeets are bit dumb and cant afford the automation research right now, so they're doing the pajeet to compete with automated workforce.

Once automation become widespread/cheap, they will replace the pajeets with automation and neither of you will have jobs.

Estimated 80-90% of IT field will be removed due to automation

>the same shit to their IT staff
>train the pajeets to fuck it up after you leave
>you get hired as a highly paid contractor

It's illegal to fire you for going on strike, no breach of contract can deny that, and it's their fault for not having a union and taking them to court where they'll get rekt and Disney would've had to settle if they don't wanna be humiliated in front of the whole country.

I can only hope someone is training a pajeet to severely fuck something up

You liked being cucked by pajeets flooding into your country, don't you?

>Estimated 80-90% of IT field will be removed due to automation

>muh singularity

This will happen, but not in a couple of years or decades like programmers with a ridiculous sense of superiority think it will, this will perhaps be true in 2 centuries.

I would stop reading cheap blogs/pretentious news sites or watching so much science fiction.

vote trump

Ted Cruz tried to make the minimum wage for H1B's higher than Americans. Hopefully Trump does this.

The hell they do. Prove it. You think Intel would apply for 3000 H1B visas so they could pay Pajeet slave labor the same as US educated, native English speaking citizens?

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajajajahahababanananNjajjaajajjajajaj

I bet you fall for the ole "watch me pull my thumb off" trick.

That's a really good question that I don't have an answer for, but I do know we all signed legally binding documents that we would not unionize. I was there 13 years. We were given a severance package, and make to sign documents that effectively made it clear that we were not to disclose that we were outsourced. In stead, we were instructed to say to the press, "It was a business decision."

They did send us to a job search seminar, so that was nice I guess. I did feel like is was an act of kindness given to me by my executioner.

lel. I did park in the executives parking areas as I worked nights. when they came in in the morning they'd be pissed that they'd have to walk an extra 20 feet. I 'talked to' several times- to no avail.

>implying pajeets are better
Companies just hire locally to create a nice product or a stable IT environment, then they go for pajeets to do basic maintenance.

When shit hits the fan, suddenly the locals come into the picture again.

>Green Card lottery means getting random people into the country, qualified or not, including terrorists.
Bullshit.

First of all, it's around... what... 50000 people a year? Second, all candidates need a high school diploma minimum (no equivalents such as GED or whatever), at least 10-15k$ for a single person in funds, medical checkups, etc. Then they go do an interview with a visa official at an embassy, which means they need to know at least basic English.

Oh, and the chances of winning the lottery are around 1 in 100 or more.

Green Card immigrants intend to stay in the USA (otherwise they lose their green card status), which means they pay taxes and they buy goods and services locally.

H1B holders can stay in the country for max 5-6 years, and then they go home. That means they'll work any job for as little money possible and they'll save it all up and ship it out of the country. H1B holders can only work ONE job, which means if they get fired, they have to go home. Green Card holders hold the same rights as US citizens in terms of employment, so they'll just show their employer the middle finger and tell them to fuck off if they want to, because they can get another job at any time, just like you.

You are getting cucked by H1Bs and pajeets, which is legalized slavery, not Green Card lottery visa holders.

Also, the terrorists and uneducated fucks are coming en masse from fucking Mexico in the MILLIONS (compare that to less than 50k of diverse people from around the world). Take care of that, will you?

That's exactly what it is.
Like... exactly. And it's not even funny.

>Unfortunately, most of the third world is such a craphole that people from there are HAPPY to come and work for 20% of your salary.
Actually... hell no. I'm from the 3rd world, and no one in their sane mind would live on 20% of an IT guy's wage in the US.

Maybe 80%... Maybe 70%... but that's it.

With the amount of people working and studying towards working in different IT fields. Reading all these stories about pajeets taking jobs and doing a horrible job. Im sure there are a few guys who arent complete pants on head retarded, if this was the case with 90% of the people then im sure they wouldnt be getting approved to come to work here in america.

There are plenty of good pajeets doing a good job, but they aren't dumb enough to work for peanuts, so they don't get in the H1B cycle.

>tfw live in 3rd world shithole where multinationals outsource some of their infrastructure cause of tax benefits and office workers and qualified management are cheap
>tfw they still bring Pajeets for IT cause IT people here won't work for them for less than 2k a month
Multinationals are a plague and those fucking Pajeets probably live on rice, beans and curry

Not all of the third world is the same. Brunei != Bangladesh.

>implying pajeets are more competent

Learn Hindi
Offer to cut your pay and lead an even cheaper team all he way from India
Lord it over your new slaves as you inhabit that perfect niche of being too cheap and too skilled to fire
Live like a king in Pooinlooland despite your cut wages because cost of living isn't as high as SanFran

>we all signed legally binding documents that we would not unionize

Lol

pajeets are being fired where I am unless they're A+ employees, as corporate doesn't want to deal with visa uncertainty

t. brexit

Why Hindi?
Don't the pajeets speak tons of different languages?

Because it'll be their job to speak to you in either proper Hindi or proper English, the bean counters back home won't know or care about the nuances, and it's the language of bureaucracy so you can be on the take for any government corruption.

Its just a prank bro

>but I do know we all signed legally binding documents that we would not unionize. I was there 13 years.
lel how is that even legal, fucking murrika
you should've taken their ass to court

you deserve to be the crack baby of a single mother on welfare like you are.

>this is what I've been doing for 8+ years now
It's uh, it's not fun. You're basically herding cats who have no talent at all and require you to do 90% of it yourself so they can do that last 10% poorly and then you go back and finalize before it goes live.

We're actually hiring more local devs to keep up with the amount of auditing necessary. I really do not see how the company is saving money like this. Even thought the Indian teams are being paid a dollar an hour, they're causing us to be paid thousands of extra dollars per project on review.

Learning hindi is useless, only about 40% of india speaks it as their 1st language. Then it jumps up to maybe 55-60% if you count 2nd and 3rd language speakers.

Unless you kinda want to know if theyre talking about or not, otherwise its pointless. If you run across indians who dont speak the same language then theyre going to use english. Too much of a pain the ass to use each others broken language.

To be honest, you can live well in india for $3k a month, thats including everything. Depending on what city youre in, you can get a 2-3bd apartment for less than $500 a month. Biggest expense would probably be gas if you drove a car there.

I've sort of been considering something like this. Not as a corporate posting as that sounds like hell, though. My parents are from Bangladesh, and I know some family and their friends who are basically upper middle class and wanting to get into the tech business. I already know you can live it up on the cheap over there since my aunt that I stay with each time I visit lives in the penthouse of an apartment complex which she owns, complete with walls and armed security guards, and she has her own driver and a maid and a cook.

It'd be radical if I didn't get crushing depression every time I look down from the balcony and see a literal shanty town on the other side and beggars with missing arms and legs on the road.

>we all signed legally binding documents
When niggers start gangbanging your wife something like this will put white bois in place

>I signed a paper
>There's my name on it
Fuck, you cunts are pathetic

>Plenty of time to retool for a different career.

Tell me, what other industry has better prospects than tech?

Most H1Bs already make six figures.

Learn how to exploit.With so many shitty pajeets in the industry there is so much shitty code.

Maybe try biomedical engineering

>He actually believes this

Companies are known to underpay H1Bs. If H1Bs complain the company can just boot them back to India.

h1bdata.info/highestpaidcompany.php

Once again retard, those are posted salaries, H1Bs (ones in tech positions at least) are not paid the same amount that's posted.

This is a fact.

visaxp.com/no-salary-h1b-visa-bench/

get real job skills not """"""development"""""" code monkey work that can be outsourced by your superiors to an unairconditioned third world internet cafe the second you breathe wrong

>writing comments for your corporate cuck position as "developer'"
jajajajaja
that is a serious meme

>2. Do you really believe it's remotely possible corporate America will allow their operating costs to be increased like this?

More like, returned to levels comparable to before some smartass executives decided to fuck employees and customers alike and increase their and their shareholders' profits by replacing citizen personnel with cheap foreigners.

>be Polish
>never wanted to go to western Europe take their jobs like most of his friends did, preferred to work in his homeland
>two million of Ukrainians arrived in the past few years, taking Polish jobs
>your job is taken by Ukrainians
>say "fuck it, let's go to the UK like the others did"
>apply for a job there, get hired
>arrive
>they say "sorry Polack user, but we hired Pajeet instead, now fuck off"

Fuck this gay earth.

Seriously, there's plenty of IT jobs available in Norway. Most young Norwegians prefer to study useless shit rather than computer science and engineering. This has led to a massive skill shortage in IT. Just learn basic Norwegian and you'll be hired in no time

Woah, are you serious?

Exponential growth is going to end sooner or later. The whole structure needs to change. Everyone knows it. If trump doesn't fuck corporate america in the ass america will go down the loo anyway - just like poo

In my native language there's a saying that goes like "if you want to smack a dog, you'll always find some stick nearby". They can make up some random bullshit reason to punish you for your defiance, with their armies of lawyers and whatnot your chances to retaliate on legal grounds are negligibly small.

Seriouslyl?

Ok, so how is western society supposed to survive if 90% of the populace can't find any job anymore due to automation? 10% of rich fucks will live in walled-in cities with a handful of human servants and huge armies of robots/automata, and the remaining 90% will go back innawoods to live as hunter-gatherers like in prehistoric times before society based on work ever existed?

It's sad that the H1B program gets abused like this. Around 50% of the people I work with are H1B or got citizenship through that program, all I can say in relation to that is: these are the smartest people from their given countries. Very hard workers and very talented. H1B's make america great because we steal the talent from every other workforce. I know that few americans could actually complete the job to the competency of the H1B's I know. So sad that the untrained masses blame immigrants when many Americans simply can't do the job

Pray that President Trump cuts the H1Bs before the mid-terms