So the year is 2017

So the year is 2017.
Zen releases and everything goes better the expected. They start eating away at Intels market share.
Do we finally get better CPUs or is my Sandy Bridge Going to last me 4 more years because theres literally no progress.

The fuck happened?

I remember going 386>486>Pentium 1>AMD K6-2>Pentium 3>Athlon> Core 2 Quad>i5 2700k

The fuck is happening?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJAKyc7MYV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There hasn't been progress for years you easily-led fool.

I'd like to see you take a 2008 cpu up against skylake

Clock per shit don't matter
It's the IPC and IPC has been very stagnant.

Sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJAKyc7MYV0

Go to 3:27 ignore the Polak shit

Basically in 10 years CPU power only doubled in games and "test benchmarks"

Menwhile my 3 year old 780 GTX is currently bested by a factor of 2 by the 1080 GTX

Or should I say AMDs 480 RX is stronger then my fucking 780 GTX

>I-It's only half as slow
>q-quarter if we count 8 core
>c-cores d-don't count

pathetic, you know the 1080 has a whole bunch more cores and clocks them way higher too yeah?

cuck

What 8 core are we talking because Intel has not released a commercial market CPU that has more then 6 cores. All the 8 core ones are server based and are clocked way down to Q6600 levels of 2.44 Ghz.

>tfw the days of getting a major speed improvement with every new generation of CPU are gone...

time to code more efficient software, Pajeet

You are sorely mistaken. There are now 8 and 10 core i7s on the x99 platform.
And no, x99 is not "server based".

How about stop gimping it?

>literally no progress.
Intel already sped their plans in anticipation of Zen. Skylake-X and Kabylake-X are replacing Broadwell-E early next year, rumor has it that sampling has begun. Coffeelake is bringing 6 core/12 threads to mainstream in 2018. Things look life finally getting heated

>using a logarithmic y-axis
>complains perf/cycle is "stagnant"

do you even graph bruh? I has probably increased over 4x in the last few years

>There hasn't been progress for years you easily-led fool.
That graph hasn't been updated in years you easily-led fool.

>I has probably increased over 4x in the last few years
Not that guy but no, you hasn't.

IPC has improved 5-10% every generation and that compounds with each successive generation but that still hasn't doubled performance since Sandy.

I still have multiple 2500k and 4690k machines. I even have an old QX quad 6k series I think? They all run fine and play games fine. No difference between them in regular use besides games due to GPU. I still have HD 7950 w/ boost AYO HOL UP. Still plays every game fine due to superior drivers. My NVcuck cards haven't fared well at all and had to be replaced by AyyMD. Mid range mostly.

I have a couple i3's too 3.5Ghz forget which though. Haswell maybe? I'd have to look at the speccy I suppose. Games fine with a decent GPU.

x99 is a server platform designed for compute not video games.

No, C6XX chipsets are the server platform.
X99 is the enthusiast/HEDT platform.
These stuff are said by Intel not me dude

nope. x99 is pure gaymen.

good, jim keller is going to BTFO intel like he has done twice before.