So...who here is FOR encryption licensing? Just like with guns, you'd have have a background check performed on you...

So...who here is FOR encryption licensing? Just like with guns, you'd have have a background check performed on you, and get approved in order to use it. Sounds like a good deal to me - people who do nothing wrong will get their encryption, and people who don't (or use it illegally) will get punished. A way to keep the normal citizens secure and safe, and the people with criminal backgrounds (or suspected criminals) vulnerable.

Encryption is definitely not only for pedos - but they use it the most! So let's switch everything around, shall we?

Sounds good. No more encryption for people who oppose the government.

Damn right. Fucking rebels.

Fuck off NSA shill. Trump is also going to put an end to unconstitutional background checks and whatnot.

Just a bunch of edgelords anyway. Because I'm not very intelligent and feel a pathological need to keep the status quo and promote American values, I can't even imagine why anyone would ever have anything to hide unless they're evil terrorists who like kids.

I like the idea because then I will no longer have to defend my use of encryption against people who ask "If you do nothing wrong you have nothing to hide, so what are you hiding user?". I can show them my license. Then again, I don't want to have to get a licence from a government for protecting my basic human rights.

kys NSA shill

I can see this working, to be honest.

Picture the american people's amazement at the freedom of the European citizens.
>y-you can encrypt without a license? How d-do you keep your crime levels down?

haha, this.

Go away John Kaisch

0/10

>You need a license to practice mathematics
You know how we laugh at the British for needing a license for TV? Those dumb and idiotic rules, probably written by genuinely ignorant and uneducated people?

Good luck enforcing that.
Also don't forget to kill yourself you fucking ignorant cunt.

I can do that, too. Why do people need licenses to move atoms around? It doesn't make sense!

This

Bump.

Yeah and while we're at it, let's licence free speech too. This will stop any non government approv- I mean bad ideas from being spread, ensuring the safety of everyone!

Yeah, right. The guy that wants to make a background check of every Muslim, is going to stop unconstitutional background checks.

cool pic fellow lisbon annon.

>Ever falling for his lies
Come in a year

No he not

TFW you're Canadian and don't have to deal with this bullshit

Get out, reddit.

It's good that Britain is physically, and soon technically, too, out of Europe. It's worse than 'murrica.

if you regulate guns you stop a mass shooting
if you regulate encryption you stop some guy in his own home trying to buy some pot or fap

>some pot
>SOME POT
Fucking modern drug culture.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
.....hahahHahahahHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

it's called a warrant. present one and let me face my accusers and access is granted.

>if you regulate guns you stop a mass shooting

>but they use it the most!
citation needed

/thread