This little piece of shit

This little piece of shit.
I see a lot of people on Sup Forums having fun with it.

Serious question: what can I do with it?

Also what recently bought products you enjoyed most, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S2IMdMwZTh0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Use_Radio_Service#Frequencies
vhfradiobuff.tripod.com/nolicense.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPRNet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Talk on it.

it's an analog chatroulette

Did you program it?
Did you get a better antenna?
There are 8 channels you can talk on with a HAM license.

>fullch4n
>/hamradio/
Look at this: youtube.com/watch?v=S2IMdMwZTh0

also get a NAGOYA NA-771 or a telescopic antenna.

Buy an RTL-SDR and start mapping your local emergency channels or start listening for pocsag pagers (they still around).

These radios are fun if you know what to look for.

^without a HAM license.

in case you are wondering:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Use_Radio_Service#Frequencies

Channel Frequency Maximum
Authorized bandwidth Channel Name
1 151.820 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
2 151.880 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
3 151.940 MHz 11.25 kHz N/A
4 154.570 MHz 20.00 kHz Blue Dot
5 154.600 MHz 20.00 kHz Green Dot

vhfradiobuff.tripod.com/nolicense.html

depends on the country, fampai

snoop in on the cops if they're incompetent

talk? like talk to the people?
What can I do with it except talking to people? Can I share an internet connection with it?

Talk to people. It's got way more available channels than many countries legally allow, so you can talk on channels that are less congested. But then again, talking on those channels without a license is illegal, so...

It's a walkie talkie bitch. WTF else do you expect it to do? Jerk you off?

calm down, kid

This guy!

well i think you could broadcast a network with a pair of them but whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy

Technically yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPRNet

I am a ham. I don't have one of those because I got lucky and was able to get a Yaesu handheld for super cheap but I know a lot of people with them.

What you can do with your area is see what repeaters are in your area and talk on them. At face value that sounds fucking stupid but hopefully the ham community isn't lazy and actually gives a shit and volunteers and uses their repeater. Local organizations love hams because they usually love to volunteer and for parades and shit like that having a few dudes with a radio on a controlled net is useful.

What's great about Baofeng radios is that they are perfect as a stepping stone in to the hobby. You could just get your tech license and end it there but the sky is the limits, and getting a baofeng makes the entry not as scary on the wallet.

Technically yes, packet radio is a thing. Taking it for face value in saying "you can only just talk to people" is not realizing the importance of communication in general.

So what are the illegal things to do on it?

depends on the country
where I live you can use it without limits on any civil band

Well find the right frequency and you can earn yourself a nice weekend at the county jail.

>Transmitting without a license
>Using SSH over packet radio or any encryption really
>Jamming any frequencies for fun or profit
>setting up a number station for drug trafficking
>Listening to cellphone calls or decrypting any encrypted coms

The list goes on user but who the fuck cares?
If you dont live in burgerland then the chances of getting caught are VERY slim and even if you you can still get away with it. Get a license if you wish to be in a database and speak internationally or through repeaters.

>what can I do with it?
talk to 55 year old NEETs

Living in the EU. So it is illegal to listen so some frequencys?

as far as I know as long as its not encrypted you can listen to any frequency you can.

Huh. Not for Me, but i can see the appeal. Thanks.

>Using SSH over packet radio or any encryption really
I use mine for listening to NOAA on a comfy day, when walking in the woods, or listening to truckers; but this intrigues me.

For educational purposes and use during full breakdown of civil law, what type of software could I use for encrypting voice communication?

But its not worth getting one for, right? I mean. All police radio is encrypted anyways.

>Listening to cellphone calls or decrypting any encrypted coms

just no, that is not how it works
why do you think there is a sim in the phones?
do you even know about the idea of encryption?

>All police radio is encrypted anyways.
depends. :^)

What is A51?

They mostly use APCO25 or P25 so its possible to decrypt with software or hardware
Start out with 2 RTL-SDR's see where it goes from there (aliexpress)

GNURadio with P25 but honestly I haven't tried.

>what recently bought products you enjoyed most, user?
bootleg figetcube I got from aliexpress, no shit it's great helps me focus when problem solving and fixing bugs etc.

Ty ill check it out

i got one and programmed the FRS/GMRS channels in it with an app called chirp, i dont do much with mine but listen to it, i did put the local 2 meter ham repeater input frequency in it along with the correct tone but i never talk on that frequency i did it for during tornado warnings just in case of emergencies and i need to call for help in case my house collapses on me and by some miracle i survive it

It's a radio. If you need it, your employer will provide it for you. People who buy this shit as a "hobby" just enjoy looking professional and using professional stuff without actually doing anything worthwhile.

baofeng is not really professional
I guess I'll get one to my car

3/10