ITT: Fool-proof devices you keep buying because they are so reliable. The opposite of snake oil...

ITT: Fool-proof devices you keep buying because they are so reliable. The opposite of snake oil. It can be a specific model of hard drive,or a laptop,or even a phone you buy regardless of the year. Come on Sup Forums,show me

X220t, hackintosh runs better than a macbook IMO

Also Chinese earbuds

>Also Chinese earbuds
Which ones?

This
Who Xiaomeme Piston 3 and T430 here?

Hitachi HDDs.

This, OSX on T420 is so comfy.

X200S

Built like a tank, 16:10 screen.

x220t with fed and i3. I would still agree and echo the osx statements however. maybe not the best or newest design "paradigms", but highly functional laptop. X1 is a bit closer to a macbook platform.

280x

Are you aware of a way to do this on T420s?

Lenovo seem hellbent on destroying the ThinkPad brand.

The keyboard went from great quality to low-level meh (for the first time since forever, I've broken a ThinkPad key - THREE FUCKING TIMES).

They keep fucking up the keyboard layout.

Moving from a T430 to a T460, the wireless card is considerably weaker.

All-in-all, they're doing their best to become just another indistinguishable craptop provider.

This guide: www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/ doesn't work?

I haven't tried it yet as it was meant for t420, I might do so soon. Is it easy to have a dual boot going on with osx?

Yeah, dualboot or even tripleboot in my case is working fine, best way is to install OSX last because you will need to use Clover bootloader anyways. That guide should work for T420s aswell, maybe the USB ports will only work in 2.0 mode, not sure about that, just search for it.

I've had two T60 laptops (one 14" 1400x1050, another 15" 1024x768), both with Duos, and 2GB of memory, and I've gotten more enjoyment out of them than anything technological I've ever owned. They're great.

And they're so supported than pretty much everything I throw at them works out of the box, even hobby OSs like Haiku.

Somebody get that poor bastard a tailor, right now.

Logitech mouses.

They always last me 5+ years before showing signs of wear.

My MBP from 2010

My thought. He has to be some fat kid with his dad suit or something like it.

I had the piston 3 until they got broken, btw idk if it counts but I have the E430 (I'm a poorfag and they sold it to me dirt cheap lel)

HGST

backblaze meme or not

>x220
>MBP 2012 non retina
>Galaxy S2 (still own one as emergency phone and to use in between new phones, old as fuck but works)
>Dell Monitors
>WD HDDs
>Samsung SSDs
>Intel SSDs
>CoolerMaster PSUs
>Asus motherboards
>mech keyboard
>microsoft intellimouse or steelseries mouse
>the old shit ps3 headset (I don't use headphones but I do use that headset for voice chat while playing, I'm on my third because you can't change the battery but they are cheap and it just werks)
>HP Laserjet printers, still own a 2600N, have a 1102 on my desk at work.
>ubiquiti shit for networking. Using a wireless link to get internet and edgerouter to handle my lan.
>TP-Link routers, they are cheap and if you put custom firmware they run no problems for years. Some newer models run just fine even with original firmware, it's less shitty nowadays.

maybe I'm forgetting something. All that werks for me and I had a lot of the stuff for years without problems.

>mfw no x201

What's wrong with it? I've had it for several years and I was considering buying it again if it breaks. I heart that x220 has better screen, but it's also bigger

>1
Botnet
o
t
n
e
t

How? I obviously installed my preferred OS after the purchase

I would get one user, it seems it's GOAT but honestly I could not get my hands on any decent ones were I live, neither batteries If I ever need one. On the other hand I got a brand new x220 (it seems it was stolen from a truck like 4 years ago), the dude that sold the laptop to me turned it on on january this year (according to the info of the battery) and I also got a couple of brand new batteries for cheap.

I was looking around for spare parts and when I check the serial number I got a search hit on a blogpost on the lenovo site stating that certain truck had been stolen and the serials of all the x220 and T420 that were in the truck and mine was there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monks are the best $5 earbuds you can get.

I want /fa/ggots to leave

I always find eBay sellers selling refurbished X200/X220 for cheap, and I changed the battery twice (bought them from ebay for about 20 pounds each). Do they just not deliver in your country?

Good deal on the x220 though

you don't need to be a /fa/ggot to have some self respect and not wear clothes 2 sizes bigger than you should, fattie.

dont they hurt your ears?

Yeah, but after taxes I would end up paying twice if not more for a laptop that should be cheap. I got lucky with the x220 I got, I thought it was in great condition, not that it was brand new, but still payed less than the price of a x201 after taxes. Again also I could get batteries locally on a decent price too for it.

>t450s here,
which wifi card should I upgrade to when I have a job that will fund it?

Nature of the beast. They can do this, or continue to manufacture utilitarian business class laptops that they can't sell.

>mouses

>GOOD STUFF
>iPhones
>Macbooks
>Lian Li
>EVGA
>Thinkpads
>Ultrasharps
>Samsung SSD's
>G400 (have 3 still boxed)
>HGST drives
>

>BAD STUFF
>FiiO garbage
>Most android phones
>Corsair
>AMD Cpu/Gpu

>FiiO
>garbage
wew lad

Gaudy chink designs to begin with and that's before taking measurements into account. It's "hifi" gear to appeal to poor college kids on reddit. Even Schiit is better.