I have a laptop that is literally collecting dust in my living room

I have a laptop that is literally collecting dust in my living room.

what should I do to it?

Sell it.

Try out some OS's
Fuck whatever comes to mind. Play with the hardware.

shovel it your ass.

Give it to me. I'm poor.

Depends. What are its specs?

eh, I dont know if I really wanna part ways with it. I was thinking of doing something like suggested. I havent installed a linux distro in well over a decade, so i might do that. I was thinking of slapping a larger HD inside of it and making it into a media server for the house.

but sempai, i poop from there.

possibly. do you live in the UK? its a US spec ASUS, but it works on 220v

1 sec, i'll pull them

i5 2410 sandy bridge
4gigs of RAM
nv 550m
223gb SSD

Sell it. You could probably get some good money for that.

Install gentoo, obviously

I'm a packrat. I dont wanna sell it for the sheer fact that I would kick myself if I saw a neat project to undertake with it, or even just to tinker with an alternative OS.

Or I would donate it if the person was in dire need of it. I recently donated my dumpster rescued laptop to a local astronomy club after i ended up cleaning it and fixing it up for them to use with their telescope tracking software.

Then put it on "permanent loan" to a family member who has an old computer; allow them to use it on the conditon that they'll give it back if they don't need/want it anymore. That's what I did with my old ThinkPad: gave it to my father, with the understanding he'll give it back if he gets something better or no longer needs it.

use tails and get pics of 3d loli

I am an expat in the UK, and besides my wife, I really dont like people enough around here to loan them something like that. I might go ahead and see iff any of the amature astronomers need another one, but this is quite a bit faster than the laptop i donated to them last time.

I just wanted to see if anyone knew of anything super neat that can be done with it besides the random article from google.

"make your old laptop into art"
fuck off hippy.

>implying that TOR and TAILS will keep you safe

Nice try, FBI

Just hang onto it until you come across a use for it, I guess. And while you're at it move back to your home country.

Trust me, if i could get off this shitty island, I would. You guys tout that you have it so much better than the rest of the West, but I have yet to see it. Your cuisine sucks. Your new houses are built under tha same principals as houses built in the 1800s, and are drafty as fuck (and you guys use fucking radiators to heat your homes). I will say that your guy's pub scene and beer is on point, but besides that, you are no better than the US.

>inb4 muh old buildings and history
>inb4 we wuz empire

UKfag here I'll have it

[email protected]

Media streaming server

can you explain how can you effectively hide yourself?
>inb4 use incognito

setup unsecured VNC on, open it up to the internat and record it

Fuck around with arch, I have a spare laptop I use as my personal shitposting machine, pretty comfy but I wish it had a bigger screen (1366x768) ricing it was fun though.

Disconnect the screen from the rest of it. Take battery pack out. Wireless keyboard and make it media center

gentoo
e
n
t
o
o

Wait till the dust has settled.

but what to use as the OS? how would you interface with it?