Is Angular a meme?

Is Angular still a thing nowadays or just a meme? I've tried some Angular 1 but there are lots of people sperging out over it, why?
What about A2?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f#.mya1teowb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Angular 1.5, but only for back-office webs since most crawlers won't render JS

>moves Server side logic to Client side with potentially crappy Hardware
>doesnt eben remotely give a shit about performance
>attracts hipster Projects with edgy .io Websites

>HEYY GUYS IS IT A MEME????

What is prerender

Event phones these days have enough power for A2
A2 is performance focused like react
Hipsters moved from angular a long time ago

>there is Angular 3 now
does google think this shit is funny?

rewrite it fuckboi

Angular 1 is ded; it's basically just client side HTML tag soup templates with an over-engineered model-view-controller architecture doing unpredictable stuff with them. Kind of like a bloated framework for doing what people used to do with way too much jQuery before. It also has tons of legacy shit like rolling its own Promise/A+-ish things that aren't quite the same, and an error-prone module/dependency injection system that seems to be explicitly designed for shitty "build automation" tools like Gulp.

Its data binding / watch / update stuff doesn't really scale at all and just leads to horrible hacks where you occasionally have to force a re-render of the entire application or even reload the page to change something because some directive from a library somewhere will just not pick up model changes no matter what else you do.

Look at React (with Babel toolchains to compile browser-friendly JS from something people want to code in) and maybe Angular 2 if you want more architecture.

How is reparsing an entire html document on every interaction faster.

never truly understood this javascript framework craze

Angular 3 already?

All JS libraries are a meme.

>t. someone who has never written anything more complicated than FizzBuzz

programmed few real projects with it, this shit is actually good

A1 I assume

>is meme.js a meme?

You tell me, doc.

Why so much hate for JS?

I've done some angular work before but was never the biggest fan of it. Should I try out angular 2 or just give react a shot?

inb4 try both - I only have enough time for one

Deprecated, try Vue.js

hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f#.mya1teowb

Angular 3 = angular 2.1 plus

Can confirm that Vue is great.