Ask a best buy employee anything

Ask a best buy employee anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

princessauto.com/en/detail/50-ft-high-speed-hdmi-cable/A-p8475899e
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many $300 HDMI cables do you sell every month?

Does your geekfraud know what they're doing or do they rip people off?

I'm not sure about numbers, but it's where we get all our money since we can mark it up so high.

They know what they're doing but they offer service on brain dead easy shit like putting a screen protector on your phone for like 7 bucks.

And I think it's overpriced as fuck but I get why we do it

crazy customer stories?

Should I work there possibly with you?

are your co workers more competent than they seem to be? (which is not at all)

I worked at Best Buy for 3 years so I'll help out too.
No. Mostly, they aren't competent on the tech they sell at all. Sales associates are trained specifically to make things sound great without actually understanding it.

My store got shot up in 2010.

Don't.

Come on son, elaborate. Don't pretend you've got something better to do.

ok, so can you tell me what four hundred million seven hundred sixty-to thousand percent of 4 thousandth of 8 kilometers is in like... light years? And is it possible to give me that answer in Aramaic?

Fuck off George

I'm on the shitter. Elaborate on which part?

>Guy comes in looking for an external hard drive
>find a 2tb one, ask if it's big enough
>He says yea, asks if it's compatible with windows 11
>you mean windows 10?
>No my computer runs Windows 11 I'm positive
>I almost believed him

I like it, it's definitely not very everyone but my co-workers are chill and in general its not really too busy

It depends, a lot of my co-workers know exactly what they're doing, some are pants on head retarded.

what's your employee discount?

does it make up for how shitty the job is?

The shooting up and the crazy customer stories. Personally I'm more interested in the latter.

Now push it out and get typing.

Will you hire me?

Can you send me a free GPU?

have you ever mislead a customer for laughs?

5% over cost on a lot of stuff. The real deals are the accommodations though which are basically certain items with crazy discounts, I saw a $2000 TV for like $400 If you work in home theatre

The bar to entry is pretty low imo, I got in with no prior job experience listed and I make $10.50 an hour. This guy who started the same time as me makes 50 cents more because he's an eagle scout and has done a lot of community service. The big thing is just nailing the interview

One that always sticks with me is some dude that just walked around the store putting expensive shit in his cart. Consoles. Laptops. Everything that still had spiderwraps on it.. then he proceeds to just walk out the store with it all while flashing a gun at our yellow shirt.

He got arrested about 30 yards out the front door.

Another time, this lady I was helping was asking me for the most expensive of every item. Most expensive Mac, most expensive camera, most expensive printer. I already knew shit was weird but we can't say no without a motive. She tries to pay with a credit card and i tell her we need her ID to run it.. she flashes me her ID from her bag but doesn't take it out. I ask her to take it out and it's some paper shit and I proceed to call her out and she flips shit and runs our the store.

How often do you think about ending it all working at Best Buy of all places? Did you meet your monthly sales quota?

>yellow shirt
UKuck here. Please explain.

Loss prevention guy at Best Buy. Security basically

i have this coming in the mail on tuesday. its going to be a 1070 because bestbuy screwed up. whats the best way to get an exchange for the 1080?

Were the two customers mentioned in your story African-American perchance?

This is just for you OP
>Walk into a Best Buy
>Need an HDMI cord but don't want to wait for Amazon
>Ouch, cheapest cord is a $20 Insignia
>High school jock sees me and comes over
>Tries convincing me Rocket Fish with a braid cord is a superior brand
>Tries to convince me that he had interference/feedback from a fucking digital signal
>Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I was really close to reporting him for outright lying

Kek please don't tell me you spent that much on a gtx 1070

I see. So your security guys wear yellow shirts? Here they're all dolled up and wearing stab vests.

plenty of people who got their 1070 in the mail were able to exchange it for the 1080 since it was the advertised offer. if not then i can just get a refund. 1080 FE for $450 is a decent deal right?

>reporting him
To what end? Nobody will give a shit, least of all his manager.

The lady was black, the guy was white.

Trash is colorblind.

Yeah that's not bad, I thought you were just getting a 1070 for that price

I'm part time and I enjoy it, but I dunno if I'd make a career out of it

You can return it in store

bout tree fiddy newtonmiles

This is a geek squad question.
Do you guys pxe boot pc check? Is it even possible? I tried getting it to work but PC check doesn't like loading from ram in that fashion.

They don't. They use geek squad branded shit which is mostly just freeware tools that are stolen and rebranded. This software also allows remote control.

>$10.50 an hour

are you at the google shop in Canada?
i wanted to ask if i can get an unlocked pixel xl
cause if they're still locked then there's no point

how do you feel about me coming in to buy three of your 4k tvs that are gonna be 199 this friday since i'm price matching them with my discover card? will you or your manager limit my purchase to one or two or would you/them let me buy all three

We don't price match on black friday

I know you don't, discover price matches your black friday ad

Uh idk to be honest. Call a best buy

you pulled any good Black Friday items for your self?

How many Nes Classics did your store get?

Why can't I buy certain refurbished computers that are advertised on the bestbuy website? Are they only available at specific store locations?

I use to work at WalMart. I know your pain OP. Retail is it's own little hell.

Not yet but I'm planning on it, either a MacBook air or a surface pro 4. I'm looking for a programming laptop. We got a bunch but I have seen them in awhile, probably sold out.

Yea refurbished means it was turned in for inspire credit and restored by geek squad, so they'll only be at certain locations. You may be able to get them ordered to the store you want or your house. Not 100% sure on that though.

This'll be my first black Friday. 8 hour shift. May actually fucking die.

>8 hour shift
>May actually fucking die
Diddums. You what will kill you? 12 hour manual labour shifts, get on my level, bitch.

Although I suppose working retail on black Friday may also kill you if you get trampled. Hmm.

You fucking retard. The "black friday" stampedes dont happen anymore.

The worst thing that happens is some chimpout between two old females over toasters and shit.

The stampede phenomenon seems to have found its way to the UK, THANKS OBAMA.

Its gone in the USA

>stores opening at 4pm on Thursday
>any big ticket item requires you to sign up in advance, no lines
>designated spots for products in the store
>week long """deals"""

Yeah I saw a sign in town the other day, "black Friday starts Monday". K den.

And it ends the third week of February.

Buy shit you dont need, friend.

I refuse, consumerist shit head

>You fucking retard. The "black friday" stampedes dont happen anymore.
I worked at best buy in the computer department a decade ago. We had some shitty ass laptop for $200 that everyone wanted. We put them all up front so the stampede would be easy and manageable. They literally ran past the laptops to get to our PC section in the back, as we are yelling at them that they are all set out in the front. People turned around and started running to the front. We had a couple collisions of people running in opposite directions leading to nosebleeds.
Over 1/3 of the laptops were returned for being so shitty.

>doing manual labor
wanna know how I know you arent white?

I am white, but I do look brown when I get home after work. Luckily I can shower and get it off, not many shitskins can say that now can they?

Why do you guys only carry Zotac GPUs?

Is that good?

>5% over cost on a lot of stuff.
I hear they may be capping it at 50% again.

which honestly only really comes into play for cables and shit, and every now and then a speaker

I've seen evga cards at the store before, maybe it's just yours

It's better than minimum wage, and considering I got it with no real experience.

Where'd you hear this? That sounds awful.

LP is a brain dead job and why I left

>Where'd you hear this? That sounds awful.
old friends in management from when i worked there ages ago.

last time it was rumored to be a ploy to drive up end-of-year sales, which would be supremely retarded since then you're just having the the staff eat up the stock of all the high-margin items, and making very little in return.

but it looks good on a "total revenue" report.

I work in the back at GeekSquad, pays alright but management is incompetent.

>mfw the cost of a $45 HDMI cable is $1.28

How does it feel to be working a dead end job OP?

>$10.50 an hour
>is that good

>he's proud of working for literal peanuts and chump change

If he young bestbuy is a good place to start.

Can you elaborate on how they're incompetent?

I'm part time for college, really doesn't bother me

I got back from the store, brought that in and they 'made amends' and got me a 1080 for no additional charge. Others on Slickdeals have reported the same success.

Before you go, verify their stock of 1080s on site and select pick up at store option.

>Trash is colorblind

Fuck off hillshill. Niggers have a culture which promotes stealing, lying, and cheating. Only a select few manage to escape, that white guy was likely raised by blacks or had a majority black acquaintance group.

> (You)
>>$10.50 an hour
>>is that good
Is 10 buck fiddy good?

You can rent a decent 2 person apartment around here for around 1000-1200 a month. Split it up between the two and it isn't completely terrible. Although not ideal in any sense

>decent 2 person apartment around here for around 1000-1200 a month.
How do you people do it?

I don't, I live at home and go to school. But I have a waiter friend who splits the rent on a pretty nice newer place and gets by okay.

>being so poor you need to have roomates
>working for 10.50 an hour

K E K

Your waiter friend probably doesn't even make 10.50 in 5 hours...nonetheless in an hour. I don't know how you peasants do it.

>Is 10 buck fiddy good?
I'd say it's golden. But I'm a dirty second worlder.

I have a question:

I went in the other day to pick a in-store pickup, and it looked like they already started a bunch of the black friday stuff early (Mainly on the 1080p TVs). I looked later and some of the deals I saw locally were not advertised in the Ad, any hidden deals or things going into Black Friday?

>Your waiter friend probably doesn't even make 10.50 in 5 hours...nonetheless in an hour

Is this bait or do you not understand how waiters are paid in the US

Do you have a SINGLE fact that shows that he made 10.50 in five hours?

Stop harrasing that poor waiter, are you trying to get him taxed?

Cost + 5% but there is often crazy deals for specific times for employees.
I got a $1700 Sony 55" 4K TV for $750.

Also half off my cell phone plan.

lmao kek-tier shitpost, m8

leave that shit on then kill yourself, please.

the minmum wage for tipped employees is around $2.10, and some restaurants report tips automatically as "expected" (usually around 10% of sales to be safe about it), so if said server was repeatedly stiffed they'd be paying taxes on income they didn't actually earn.

in theory, they could actually "lose" money (owe more than $2.10 in taxes each hour) by being there.

All of our black friday stuff is already online, and to my knowledge there's no hidden stuff.

Anything at all on the 100 dollar 3ds? How many units did you guys get?

Any advice for someone wanting to cop one on your online store on thursday? As far as i know exactly what time the black friday deals show up online is kept secret.

Just typical management. Dont know anything about the departments and make changes for the sake of it. Stand around and talk for hours about issues but never solve anything im sure you know the type.

Ancient fag reporting here.

I worked at Best Buy, twice. First time in the 90's, again from 2004 till 2008.

By the 2nd time I worked there, they had slashed the employee discounts on the service plans ( I still have a PC that becomes " unrepairable " every few years.. new PC for 200 bucks ). The accessories were still 5% over cost. I heard they got rid of it, but that's cool that it's back now.

The worst thing about working there was the constant brainwashing by management. Now, I was the tech lead the 2nd go round for Geek Squad, and even then, I use to tell most of the managers to leave me the fuck alone with their " durrr we sell the best electronics " shit. It was non stop, every day. " yay! Go team Best Buy! ". I still know a few people that work there, and they are SO far into this shit, that you can't even talk to them. The company ( since I was there ), has taken it on the nose, HUGE. I don't know how that french fuckstain CEO has managed to keep that shit hole afloat. Every time I drive past any Best Buy, there is almost never anyone there. The times I DO go in there, it feels empty from times past when I worked there. The media department ( which drove a lot of the big stores ), is literally gone now. No one wants to buy Blu-Ray movies or shit like that anymore. CD'S? hahahahaha. Somehow their stock prices have came back up, but I guess that is just because they have cut massive amounts of employees ( I did have some friends that managed to get promoted, all the way to corporate office, only to get cut when the ship started it's trip down ).

Why do you faggots talk as if you are Bill Gates when confronted with a simple question like "why are all your video cards 4 years old and still $200?"

>princessauto.com/en/detail/50-ft-high-speed-hdmi-cable/A-p8475899e

>work at Target
>no commission and no bonuses for shilling stuff
>can be totally honest with customers without worry of losing job
>mfw I've personally prevented at least a dozen people from buying Beats

i heard working at target is shit m8

bumpin my question

I can only check stock in store but I imagine we got a ton

we don't get commission either

No complaints from me, especially since I'm working backroom most days. Usually chill as fuck without being boring. And as far as entry level retail goes the pay is decent.

Worked at target for 3 years, was assistant in the produce section, but worked all of grocery pretty much which made me a little higher than the normal grunt employees.
Target is ok if you're there while in school or something, but after a while it gets boring and grates on you.
Retail in the 4th quarter is shit generally, and after the holidays it's just dull.
Still better than fucking Walmart though

>supporting white genocide
>when whites have built western civilization and have designed every technology you're using
Seriously consider suicide, kaffir-lover.

Dont downplay someone on what they earn, nigga. Have some decent, at least they are making.money

Why do you have razer laptopd online but not on display? Why don't you have the touchbar? (At least in my local one in LA you don't).

Razer laptops*
MBP touchbar*

We just got the apple ones with touchbar at my store. And we can just have everything on our website in store man, it may go up at some point it may not.

Sidenote: Touchbar not that big of a deal