You have TWO seconds to convince me that it is possible to make Linux not look like complete trash

You have TWO seconds to convince me that it is possible to make Linux not look like complete trash.

Why the fuck would I waste my time switching to butt-ugly Linux when we have Windows 10 and macOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!FoIASRYQ!S8L2MbS09uTQPQDZDTRUNHht87qcrmdC0GbW8h57ea0
youtube.com/watch?v=kT3OQwyvKmk&feature=youtu.be&t=32s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>b8 thread
>taskbar at top
>feels entitled to a response
Mac toddler detected

>mac toddler
Nope, I'm a Windows Adult. This is not bait. Surely there's an example of Linux being AT LEAST as good looking as macOS sierra. Or maybe you don't have such example and you're just shitposting because you know Linux is the ugliest OS.

Linux isn't a OS you autist.

>Why the fuck would I waste my time switching to butt-ugly Linux when we have Windows 10 and macOS?

And what about Gentoo? I think that this is the best distribution to run on a 64-bit processor. Perhaps the test needs to be reworded to "without any manual recompiling" and then redone. Compiling all your software yourself, optimized for your processor, gives you a great speed boost. I think this is one major advantage where Linux excels in comparison to Windows.

What status bar

Ugly as fuck

Because if you're poor and or and autist Linux is the right choice. Why are you on this board if you aren't autistic?

arch + deepin is orgasmic

install tmux

that is all

Nice bait. OP image looks better than Mac and Windows.

I bet you stroke it to rms

Wrong.

Well that looks good

'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

you can make linux better looking than any os
just requires effort

just stick with windows or osx if you don't want to bother

>
>Linux isn't an OS you autist.
Fixed that for you faggot

I thought it was one of those uefi configuration screens at first it's butt ugly

that one VLC icon in the taskbar that isn't B&W

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what looks like trash is your personal opinion

And you posted a screenshot of Unity, the most retarded thing ever to happen in Linux GUIs

is this the new desktop thread?

Shut up guy

*girl

Fuck you buddy

bumping new desktop thread

let's see those animu rice screenshots

yes
Also you never told me where to get pictures of you from. You stopped responding when I asked ;_;

ive posted a mega before...

do you have a penis?

ew no

>implying macOS is not trash

Is this the new desktop thread?

That's not unity.

post mega

mega.nz/#!FoIASRYQ!S8L2MbS09uTQPQDZDTRUNHht87qcrmdC0GbW8h57ea0

Did someone say desktop thread

thanks

Super cute desktop user

Cinnamon + Numix Blue + nice wallpaper.
Takes about 30 seconds.

idk if this is you but she's cute.

Excuse me while I steal most of this from you

10/10 my dude

Fuck off pedo

Thanks hombre.

>Why the fuck would I waste my time switching to butt-ugly Linux when we have Windows 10 and macOS?

Because then you can have street cred on Sup Forums, with your loli infested Arch ricing skills.

Post your background

youtube.com/watch?v=kT3OQwyvKmk&feature=youtu.be&t=32s

Do window shadows appear over other windows or can you occlude them? Cute desktop btw

Currently they appear over other windows. I'd like for them to be occluded, I'm just not sure the best way to go about it. Maybe a secondary stuck-on-bottom shadow window that follows around every normal window?

are you a wizard?

I mean I wasn't the last time I checked.

If there's a way to have them always pinned last in z-order that might work, but IDK if openbox allows that

don't judge linux by darkfag screenfetches on Sup Forums

you can literally make it look exactly like Windows

any self respecting Wincuck should know that pretty desktops are for macfags anyways

by them I mean any individual component

You can change the desktop enviroment you know

Yeah, should be fine. Openbox allows windows to be "Normal", "Always on Top", or "Always on Bottom". Even if it didn't I could always set the window type to desktop or whatever it is that conky does.

Thanks

Am I doing it right guys? Is this autistic enough?

>apple music
>steam
>MPlayer

Nope not enough free software

B-b-but muh Nitroshare.....

free software sucks

> muh design

Because function is a hell of a lot more important than a pretty walled garden. Windows 10 is nauseating and Mac OS is more restrictive in customization than Windows.

I do most of my computing in a terminal. Why the fuck does a serious user need some "pretty" GUI with tiles and other gay shit to distract them?

Jobs was a fucking mistake. The Woz should have ruled Apple. Function will always trump design.

But you asked if it was autistic enough without free software it never will be

That wasn't me. I'm and

Is this the new desktop thread?

are you kori?

Yes and no.

I go by the name spoonm most of the time, but kori is everyone and no one.

kori is everything and nothing.
kori is everywhere, nowhere, and right there.

#rice pls go

Now with 200% more autism.

if your kori your a faggot, if not your a spoon

>not miia

Thank god a chance to post my desktop I was getting anxious for a little while there

oxford dictionary

Last one, I got bored.

>we

kek

needs more pictures in their own windows and a terminal describing the computer

Assuming you have an IQ over 70, you could install linux mint with the cinnamon desktop

oxford comma?

Not even gonna bother with the terminal shit, I felt really stupid once I actually put a picture in it's own window. Like who the fuck does this shit unironically?

A E S T H E T I C S

Desktop thread?

Crunchbang? Nice choice.

desktop bread

see

This one was actually okay.

That conky might as well not even be there.

Pretty minimal my man

what os or distro is that, if its windows 10 what skin is that.

why?

it looks cool, im interested in what style or os it is. Sorry for asking.

bitch

Looks like Windows 10 with something like Rainmeter, but I'm not sure myself.

rate me pls

>Rainmeter
thanks user

>a desktop thread
I tried Windows 10.

It's okay, I guess.

literally just windows with a transparent foobar skin
>tfw pc connected to 50'' tv with plex and sonarr and thinkpad for shitposting

Not bad as far as GNOME rices go. Not very rice-y but I mean this is GNOME after all.

yeah I was running openbox before and I had like half of my shit riced and it just became too much work for me.

Install the arc gtk theme