Macfags will defend this

apple.com/uk/shop/product/MLXF2LL/A/designed-by-apple-in-california-260x324-mm

wired.co.uk/gallery/apple-book-photos-cost

Apple have released a picture book that contains no words and just photos of Apple products for the very reasonable price of £249.

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zEcGE4umuc
youtube.com/watch?v=_aurxyyjJyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is just embarrassing for Apple, they care more now about their high margin shit like iPods, watch straps and books than there original core products. I really wouldn't be surprised if they ended up like Blackberry in the next few years.

>High res photos of PCBs
>NUmales of Sup Forums hate it
I don't know why I expect Sup Forums to ever move in a direction closer to what it used to be.

It's $300 dollars for a fucking book full of photographs of legacy products. No one can justify the value in that. Apple have started to price themselves more and more like a high end fashion brand, that's why they've got fucking Hermes making their watch straps now.

>it's legacy so it's shit
Thanks for proving my point, millennial baby.

I am not defending it but this is not consumer level stuff, it is ment for design schools and studios to have as a reference, not something you read on the subway. And even if it was, how is it in any way an issue for you? Just dont biy it and let other idiots waste their money on whatever they want

It's a $300 book glorifying what they used to be, while they continue to release shittier products every year. Why would I care whether they're jerking it to what products they used to put out, when they don't support anything they released over 4 years ago anyways?

Cool strawman bro.

The point is that it's a book full of photos for $300. While Apple push out shitty MBPs with emoji touchbars.

>pcbs
It's just pictures of random shit like cases and unfinished plastic molds. And it only goes as far back as the iMac.

This.

They haven't even given it enough thought to put a bit of info about each product on the pages.

Some people enjoy technology. Some people enjoy a dick in their ass.

Now you can spend $300 on a nice book with technology or $300 on Bad Dragon horse cocks.

For $300 I can buy a bunch of books that'll teach me a bunch of shit on programming that's actually useful, or I can buy a picture book with an Apple logo on it to jerk off to.

All of the writing is found in the 10 page EULA that is at the back of the book.

Tbh it actually seems quite good value compared to the new touchbar MBP.

I can't tell if you're retarded or just ignorant. This is a design text.

>This is a design text.
It's a collector's item. An actual designer would just request design documents from Apple. Unless you think designers need all this shit.

who gives a fuck. no one will buy this shit and they'll learn their lesson.

or design students will buy it - which is the demographic for this product. not fat fucks on Sup Forums like me and you.

Does anyone here still think Apple will still as strong as it is now in 10 years' time? I just can't see it being the case. As a tech company I think they have had their time at the top.

>Apple sells a product for 10x it's price
How is this news? Just don't buy their shit.

It's a design book, period. Your arbitrary definitions do not change reality. These books are nothing new, they've been around for decades.
It's $800 for the Louis Vuitton one.

>High res photos
For $300
>of PCBs
Of Apple's 'designs', for pcbs the internet does that better for free.
Some people enjoy a picture book for thee hundred dollars, some enjoy actual technological writings for way less. What will the picture book teach you?
Please point out why you think he might be either of those. He proposes a constructive use for his money, one that supports his interest in technology.

Judging by the pictures, it's a terrible design book.
There's so much wasted white space on each page, and it comes across more as Apple jerking themselves off over pictures of themselves from 20 years ago.

Yes. Anyone here saying they lost their direction since Steve died has no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Apple was removing ports back in the 90s with the same exact reaction.

More like Sony than Blackberry. Still around but their products aren't anything to be excited about.

>back in the 90s

So when Steve was gone?

You people are retarded beyond being helped.

>Using buzzwords to try and justify that price tag

>Specially milled German paper
>Gilded matt silver edges
>Linen covers

Surely they don't think their customers are this fucking dumb?

>There's so much wasted white space on each page
To be fair, that's pretty typical of Apple design.

youtube.com/watch?v=9zEcGE4umuc

$300 video

Late 90s early 2000s

How the hell is any of that buzzwords?

>pay $300 for a book to get design inspiration
>instead see pictures of the hockey puck mouse and clear plastic CRT monitors

It's not about removing ports though, I think they've lost their innovative edge, and they're more focused on their higher margin accessories that lower margin products that require a significant amount of R&D like their laptop and desktop computers.

What's the point here?

Why do you think so?
Tell me, I'll tell you why you're wrong.
Come on.

Gilding the page edges with silver will cost literally pennies.

Specially milled paper just means that the company they used created a unique paper for the book.

Linen covers cost nothing.

Perhaps buzzwords wasn't quite the correct word to use, but still they're padding out the description to try and make it sound premium.

You're the type of people that see nothing wrong with a 5" thick laptop with 50 ports because some special snowflake might need one of them. You have no eye for design and value function over anything else. Proven by the number of people that buy godawful chinkphones, LGV20, and Samsungs terribly designed phones. Thinkpads go without saying.

They are literally describing their product. Should everyone just use the most generic descriptions possible when describing their products?

Yeah, daisy chaining adapters looks a lot better than something that's actually functional on its own.

>Jacking off over the wrapping paper.

Tbf that looks quite cool, I wouldn't feel too shafted paying $299 for that.

>sterile, uninspired photos of Apple products
>looks quite cool
Pick one.

I'm probably going to hold out for the second gen book.

How come people defending this aren't instabanned ?

>Poor fags don't know what a coffee table book is

Hey man, rounded corners and whitespace are inspiring.

>$300
>3 pages of blank or one line of text
>WTF text positioning
>No classic products
>No history/details about the product or design thought
>Does not include iPhone 6s or later
>10 whole mins of "value"
youtube.com/watch?v=_aurxyyjJyI
>A book in a sleeve in a box inside a box (apple confirmed for tree killers)

Paying money to look at a companies products

You know, as shitty as their business practices seem, I got to admit I fucking love this company.
Selling a 300$ book and having relatively low income people buying it, while feeling like they just bought some ultra high end product.
Their marketing borders on art.

Its cool that they have them in stores as a museum piece but selling them is just a cash grab

Maybe I simply have different needs and tastes.
Function goes over form on things that are supposed to function. Is technology to you just fashion? Fucntion is the best form.
Apple didn't ditch the floppy drive or the headphone jack because they looked bad, they ditched them because to them they seemed useless knowing the alternative technology.
And I have enough eye for design to say that the first crt imacs sucked and that the recent shit apple puts out sucks too, fully admitting that the ipod classics, imacs and the iphone 5 looked good. As did the nextcube, but the trashcan sucks again.

Meanwhile, you're the type of person who values looks over everything, and would happily pretend to compute on a slab of aluminium --
Nah, cut that. You don't give a shit about design. Only about design by apple in california. If you cared for real you wouldn't be using anything recent by apple either, it looks terrible.
Someone else can attach the image.

I agree, it's the sort of book you might have in the reception of the office or on a coffee table.

>That guy trying to justify his purchase
>Literally getting excited over the blank page saying "Dedicated to Steve Jobs" on the top

It's incredible isn't it. What also gets me is how lefties seem so keen on a company that is such a quintessential example of capitalism.

Apple Created the 1st book in a choice of sizes

What the fuck, they can't even be bothered to center the text.

It looks shit.

>I understand design better that Jonathan Ive

Exactly this. Everyone here thinks they have an eye for design and they literally know jack shit so they cog dis

Is using a Model M with a Mac acceptable?

>mac

Kill yourself buttpirate.

Lol why are you so upset did you vote Hillary?

lmao ok faggot

>t. mactoddler

You're a drumpf supporter? LITERALLY?
Ugh. Fuck off back to your containment board.

Just imagine if hiro-moot made a $300 Sup Forums book full of wonderful reaction images and memes.

We'd sue him.

They should call it "Designed by Apple in California - Made in China"

I thought this was a joke. I saw the images of the book and thought it was a Photoshop by some Sup Forums memesters. Why... $300… If it's for designers then that's not that expensive... At all, but it's not a learn design book. It's just pictures of stuff. So who is this for?

Honestly... Who the fuck is this for? You can just google the shit. There's your $300 or just wait for someone to upload it online for free, which they will. Boom easy.

You're going to look at it once and never again. Uggggggggggghhhh

Calm down. t's just a collector's item. It's not meant to be popular. It's just a coffee table book, that's all.

>£249

What is that in American?

Why not both?

>I really wouldn't be surprised if they ended up like Blackberry in the next few years.
That's because you're stupid and don't recognize how big Apple is, they couldn't fail if they wanted to. They probably won't remain the world's most valuable company forever but they're not going to end up like Blackberry in your lifetime.

Welcome to last week's news, gayboy.

I love my 2014 mac and now I am abandoning apple as a whole as soon as my shit breaks.

$300 for a book and it doesn't even include an inflatable sculpture. Fuck you, Apple.

$299.

>numales
we're pretty Sup Forums here, pajeet.

This is a much better book on the history of recent Apple design.

The Sup Forums version of the iBook.

>Big companies can't fail

People thought the same about Nokia and Blackberry. True Apple are more than just a phone company and those other companies aren't dead, but they were both crushed when the competition upped their game. Apple aren't ahead as much as they were between 2009-2014.

Is it printed in China?

Doesn't surprise me, apple hipsters are the same retards who will pay $1100 US for a laptop without a GPU

Yes.

> Macfags will defend this.

> mfw THEY ACTUALLY DO

>when you're in an abusive one-way relationship with a tech company

> Someone else can attach the image.
What image?
I'm scared.

>not an AEKII