Software developers kill people

>Programmers are having a huge discussion about the unethical and illegal things they’ve been asked to do.

What does Sup Forums think?

pastebin.com/Z1zp9Bw9

Civilization does not depend on software. Civilization is based on lamps. Because without lamps, there'd be no light.

Civilization does not depend on lamps. Civilization is based on plugs. Because without plugs, there'd be no lamps.

fags are going to try and take this over and inject feminist bullshit into it

Regulate software qa and testing. Software factories and pajeets should pay

>faulty software in cars have killed people

And you idiots want to make these same cars drive?

This is why we need more women in tech with their capacity for empathy.

plus everything would have to use rails which is shit

>Women
>Empathy
Pick one and only one, fucking faggot

>being so kill yourself stupid you can't detect the most obvious sarcasm

I sell 3rd party "crowd statistics" to LE. I feel no qualms about it. USRP + wifi mon + gps unit lets me time stamp and correlate crowd data by collecting Cellular identifying information with Wifi MAC and BT MAC addresses over time and space. Probe collection and other meta data narrows down their identities IRL.

My latest sell was during Portland 'riots'.

Remove those designated shitting code from pajeets.

PAJEET MY SON
U GOD NOW

Sounds like they should start teaching ethics in business class.

Kek

They do. Business administration attracts psychopaths and sociopaths who don't care. A business manager is 3 times more likely to be a psychopath than a random person on the street.

>Trump's firewall

What I think is that a small group of people are trying for a coup to control and possibly unionize programmers because they did some shitty things and don't want to come to grips with the fact that they had a choice and they chose to be the asshole.

Every profession kills people when you do shoddy work and have no moral fiber/backbone. We don't need some stupid fucking association because of it. Not to mention such a thing is basically impossible - what even defines a programmer nowadays? Is it the hedge fund manager who codes an excel macro that screws investors out of millions? The node.js dev that creates an insecure database connection which is exploited to harvest a user database? Or the driver coder that inserts a backdoor for the NSA?

dum ass niga what if we just put lightning bugs in a jar or some shit n used that then we wudnt need lamps

>oil lamps
>gas lamps
>torches

How is this an ethical issue? Engineers make mistakes, shit breaks, sucks that people died but it's not like the engineers intentionally fucked up because they wanted people to die. This isn't new, I don't understand why "code artisans" think it's so special, I cant wait for this tech meme bubble to die even if it means I have to get a shittier job with less pay as long as it means faggot normies finally fuck off back to accounting or whatever was "hot" before computers, fuck this gay earth

nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't give a fuck

my next project is to make some android malware that abuses the permissions you give it. Maybe wrap it in a snake game or something. Do you happen to know anything about how to legally protect my ass? I plan to basically pwn people shamelessly for my own amusement

>buissness insider austrailia
OP pls

careful with that edge

>Software developers should self-regulate! They are at fault, not the businesspeople who ordered them to do so!
Typical business insider article.