Phone ROMs general

Any custom ROM or OS for phones and tablets, including non-Android ones.

What does Sup Forums use, and is it good?

You don't know what a general is

Well, I want it to include non-Android OSes like Firefox or Ubuntu Phone.

Naming a thread a general doesn't mean that it's a catch-all thread.

Anyway, I use CM.

Tfw no good cfw for the galaxy s6

Sry for red

CM here, I like it.

Waiting for windows or Ubuntu phones to become actually decent before dropping android entirely

Nexus 5 CAF cm14.1 finally here

Why are there a shit ton of ROMs made by shit pajeets who stitch together random bits of code they find on other shit forums?

Windows Phone is definitely more than decent. I switched from android to wp 8.1 a year ago now running wp10. The build quality and interface are far better than android but the lack of apps is really starting to eat at me. It's like what macs were in the 90s, very modern interface but devoid of useful software.

That's exactly why I haven't swapped yet, once they start getting real support from Microsoft, I'll consider it.

How is it? Is everything important already working?

DEBLOATED STOCK IS ALWAYS BEST

DON'T LIKE YOUR UI? DEAL WITH IT GET ANOTHER PHONE.

Every rom has at least some odd bug that makes you wanna switch and causes you to rom hop eventually.

Are custom roms more or less secure than stock?

Is this pajeet general?

Microsoft supports it just fine. If you use office365 for everything it's great. Unfortunately most of my stuff is setup with Google and Google has given Windows Phone no love. Also 3rd party support is barely there. I think that Microsoft needs to have their virtualization team cook up a translation l layer for running play store apps on Windows Phone.

At this rate though I might have to switch back. At least the best manga reader is on wp10.

>Every rom has at least some odd bug that makes you wanna switch and causes you to rom hop eventually.
This I fucking hate this

Brokenos

I just updated to Cm14.1 last night. Feels good man.

Official CyanogenMod builds have never done this to me. In the rare event I find a bug I just wait for it to be fixed like a normal person without autism.

Any good security focused Android ROMs? My phone's not on the device list for CopperheadOS

CyanogenMod 13, it's pretty good.

WARNING
CM13 MAKES AUDIO SOUND SHIT

Just remember that I invented mobile devices and anything that you do to your device that is unauthorised is a breach of your user terms and will void your warranty.

Getting a 128gb micro sd card today. Going to flash my moto x pure with aicp 12.1 which is 7.1

Having the same audio bugs with cm13

Because of Google and other companies ramming themselves into India as hard as they can with cheap hardware that runs Android.

Emerging markets are the only place where new phone manufacturers like General Mobile can even hope to get a slice of the market share.

CM because AOSP 7.1 does not exist for my phone

replicant

>using ROMs
Just install vanilla Android root. Anything else is you wrong your own time.

Moto X Pure owner

Did not have a good experience with AICP, performance was sluggish and it had crippling modem issues that literally made the phone impossible to use.

Ended up downgrading to 6.1.1, 7.1 needs some work before I could consider it daily driver material.

MEEWEE

I have CM13 and the proximity sensor went retarded ever since i installed it. it's fine when i revert back to stock but stock 5.0.1 is aids. Anyone got a fix?

Running 7.1 on mah samshit note 10 2014

I switch between Xiaomi.eu and CM14 on my Redmeme. Right now I'm on Xiaomi.eu which is essentially debloated stock. Feels comfy.