So my power supply just died

So my power supply just died...
>pic related

What company offers reliable a power supply? EVGA seems to be shit-tier.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

clearly cooler master is da best because i bought one 6 years ago and it still werks while being pushed to its absolute limits because of overclocking the ever living shit out of every single component in my shitbox firehazard amd machine

protip just because you had one bad power supply doesnt mean the whole brand sucks, because we all know cooler master a shit

seasonic

>buy cheapest power supply they offer
Get a G2 nigga

Antec. My 9 year old 600W bronze Antec power supply is still working like new.

take a look at jonnyguru reviews although they typically only review high wattage psus but sometimes lower end ones pop up

Lol EVGA isn't shit tier you retard, get a decent PSU from them instead their Bronze BS

like so

corsair had the longest warranty when i was looking for a new power supply 6 years ago or so.

You got memed into the brand and bought a shitty entry level one.

>What company offers reliable a power supply?
Seasonic
CWT
Superflower
Enermax

Google your shit because many known brands like XFX, Corsair, Antec, etc just rebrand many models from the aforementioned.

All companies that dont rebrand Super flower are mid-low tier user.

EVGA rebrands are mid-high tier but not great either.

You get what you pay, get a EVGA GS or G2.

EVGA's higher end units are made by the two best OEMs in the marketplace, Super Flower (Supernova *2 product line) and Seasonic (Supernova *S). You get what you pay for with PSUs. All the cheap ones are cheap shit with unreliable chink capacitors. If you're going to be buying a Super Flower/Seasonic rebrand, it might as well be backed up with EVGA's top tier warranty service.

evga are going to eventually become bankrupt because enthusiast cards are no longer sold to third parties, their PSUs, mobos and products won't hold up.. weak brand desu

superflower cost effectiveness is fine but they hit ss titanium line quite hard and ss will definitely backfire

data mining company as well that requires gpu registration and botnet precision x overclocker scammed from afterburner

EVGA makes motherboards?
I had no idea.

i have the behemoth that is the Rosewill 1300 watt semi modular gold.

it has popped a capacitor.

still running two 290x's like a champ.

there's no replacement for getting a high wattage gold rated psu. oh and i bought this thing used for like 50 bucks years ago.

if you're buying new just getting something in the 1000+ watt range gold certified and enjoy it for like ten years. 5 years from now you will be able to power like 4 GTX 1380 Ti's and your inhell i9 9990x 32 core cpu.

Not saying they're gonna go bankrupt, since they do build reference nvidia cards. But this 10 series vrm issue did dent their reputation a lot.

Antec, never let me down. PC power and Cooling used to be the gold standard before they got bought out. Don't know how they rank now days though.

psu brands really don't matter much, I have a coolermaster gx 650 that was supposed to be faulty yet it's still running no problems for 6+ years

>arguing about which chinkshit PSU is better than the other chinkshit PSU
All chickshit OP. Good luck.

>All chickshit

Got me weeb.

>Japanese parts
>chinkshit
???

He can't tell his nips from his chinks, or his gooks from his fliggas

i always get be quiet power supplys
quiet and reliable

seriously what engineer there thought slapping a heatplate on the vrms with NO THERMAL PADS TO MAKE CONTACT was a great idea?

i face palmed hard when they came out stating:
>in our test environment with an ambient room temperature of 68 degrees, our 1080's vrms didn't go above 110c! it was well within its 125c limit!
they actually think running vrms at 110c is an ok thing? thats insanely high and their efficiency is going to be absolute horseshit. let alone most people cannot maintain an ambient room temperature of 68 degrees. come the fuck on evga. its 61 degrees outside right now but my room is chilling at 76!

EVGA is far from shit tier. Superflower is their main OEM.

evga g2 and p2 line are made by superflower. they are literally re-branded leadex platforms. evga's gs and ps lines are made by seasonic. they appear to be custom designs from seasonic just for evga. i actually prefer their superflower lines more since they are leadex platform re-brands. last time i saw they come with longer warranty (g2 and p2 ship with ten year vs the seven year on the gs and ps) and i know from experience their p2 line come with higher quality ball bearing fans instead of fluid fans.

their new titanium units are superflower leadex 2 platform re-brands and are insanely high quaility. jonnyguru reviewed one recently iirc and was blown away.

never judge a power supply solely by brand. it depends on the tier / series of it. evga has come great ones, and average ones. corsair has some great ones, and average ones. even seasonic has both great and just flat out average ones.

EVGA make the best PSUs you dolt. Their G2 and G3 series are literally the best power supplies on the market.

It's not faulty, it just has shit tier capacitors and is overrated by like 50-100w. That means you're getting less wattage headroom than you expect and your psu is statistically likely to malfunction within 2 years of operation. Doesn't mean the computer won't run or won't be stable, but it could end up killing motherboard or HDD PCB as you continue to use it with failed capacitors.

>shit tier capacitors and is overrated by like 50-100w
and soldering.

>Don't really matter much.

actually half right, but the OEM and PSU in question matters a lot as they vary greatly between build quality and stated outputs.

Jesus christ what the fuck, what moneygrubbing manager was responsible for letting this past QC?!
Were the traces genetically engineered to grow faster than KFC chicken or something?

Got any proof to back that up?

I'll get you started;
>EVA doesn't make PSUs

I have an old thermaltake for over fucking 10 years now. Runs like in day one ffs!
It won't die!!!!

>bronze 500w b
You got a shit tier psu because you bought a shitty low end one. Buy higher end EVGA/Corsair/Thermaltake/XFX/SeaSonic/FSP Group/Antec/Super Flower depending on where you live.

You again. Haven't you got better things to do in a sunday night?

SuperFlower and their rebrands are the best psus money can buy.

Are passive cooled PSUs a meme?

Jonnyguru does a lot of in-depth reviews on PSU so look them up before purchasing your next one.

If anything I know have a heat shield with thermal pads that fixes the issue and makes my card way more sturdy. I think I'm better off now than I would have been if there wasn't an issue at all.

Because they don't list the protection standards on their fucking PSU.

Buying a PSU is like buying a used car. The only information you have is the price.

>made in China sticker means Japan
Sorry for the buyer's remorse.
>but it's made to spec!
In China.

You bought literally the ones that are common knowledge not to buy from EVGA.

Only one that saves from the G1 line is the 1000 G1 because it's made by PFC.

Instead of asking Sup Forums you should google reviews at least or even go to overclock.net and find the EVGA power supplies thread.

Also this I forgot completely to about johnny.

Xfx is pretty good it's a rebranded seasonic nothing can go wrong with it.

My Corsair RM650x is faulty and I don't feel like waiting a month for my RMA replacement and black friday is just around the corner. What to replace it with? Got i7-6700 and gtx970.

>Sorry for the buyer's remorse.
My personal computer has a titanium rated PSU, no remorse here.

>if I ignore the made in China sticker then it doesn't matter

It's a SilverStone PSU and the OEM is EnhanceUSA

Please, tell me again about your chinese PSU.

>Buying shitty bronze PSU
You got what you deserved. My last pc had a bronze rated generic psu. the coil whine was nauseating. For some reason it still hasn't blown up.

/thread

How fucking new are you?

>SilverStone
Yes, it's made in China.

tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Because literally every PSU that isn't a one off design is being produced in china, the USA simply doesn't have ANY PSU manufacturing facilities.

It's a USA designed topology, that's about as best as you can get.

My evga developed coil whine after a few months. Customer service was excellent. Sent the old one back and got replacement (slightly better model) back in about 1 week.

>Because literally every PSU that isn't a one off design is being produced in china
This is false.

>USA simply doesn't have ANY PSU manufacturing facilities
Also false.
Vicor makes pretty much the best power supplies you can buy.

Others too. Try google next time, kiddo.

You know how I can tell you're a google warrior with little to no actual real world experience? You named a company that manufacturers components USED in PSUs, Vicor themselves as far as I'm aware don't even design ATX spec PSUs.

All PSUs are made by two manufacturers. Some may be better quality than others but don't let brand be the deciding factor. Look at reviews where they actually do a tear down of your potential purchase.

>Tier Five
>Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

>(...)
>Foxconn

HAHAHAHAHAHA Applefags BTFO

Vicor makes power supplies retard.

All modern ATX power supplies are chinkshit. That was my point. Arguing quality is pointless.

Now if you had a company like Cosel or something be the oem for the PSU then you'd have a point. But it wouldn't be made in China either.

And no I'm not a google warrior. I just enjoy quality and avoid chinkshit if I can.

>Vicor makes power supplies retard.
Just not consumer power supplies for computers, so totally unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Fucking autists always have to be right even when they've brought up something totally unrelated.

>USA simply doesn't have ANY PSU manufacturing facilities
You were proven wrong and are now back pedaling.

There isn't a market for an American made PSU because retards like you think dropping like $200 for a chinkshit PSU is fine. Or are not really to spend over $80 and want only a chinkshit PSU.

Cry autist if you want. Doesn't change where that PSU was made.

All of these evga fags that defend the shit they put out.
>Buy an evga 960 ftw, it has a massive coil buzz, and fans shake every few seconds in passive mode.
>Buy an evga GS PSU, and the fan in the PSU chirps.
>Replace it with an EVGA G2 PSU, and the fan makes a grinding type noise, and the PSU also makes a coilbuzz sound.

Jesus fucking christ, what a shitty brand.

My PC power & cooling has 8 years of service now
, I dont even know if they still exist