Bought bitcoin miner last year

>Bought bitcoin miner last year.
>Put "WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH" stickers all over it.
>Went in the back room of my local Starbucks.
>Plugged it in, connected it to WiFi and left.
>No one has touched it since, made almost $2000 so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/50292958
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>things that never happened.avi

tfw you're motmd in a larger vest

In skeptical about the 2k, but free electricity is pretty easy to find.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/50292958

Why would you be skeptical? Have you tried mining?

>free electricity is pretty easy to find

yeah college kids do this all the time with dorm electricity

Because it's unlikely he has covered he cost of hardware .

Mining yourself is kinda a joke these days when the big players are on the bleeding edge.

Well lot of apartments have free electricity - mine included (one of the reasons I don't care about low power hardware)

>free electricity
>global warming triggered

Oh sheeeeeit niggah

The best scheme I've seen is a kid who worked at his universty library worked the graveyard shift and would have all the computers mining for bitcoins while no one was there.
Forgot how many computers it was, but I wager 25-50

I bought a used Antminer S3 a little over a year ago. Back then, buttcoin was just under $300. Been mining with it at work because free electricity (included in lease).

I would have made more if I just bought bitcoin with it instead of the miner.

I made roughly 90,000 dollars on bitcoin and didn't mine shit, I ran them up playing bitcoin poker. when i started they were worth ~11 dollars each and when I decided to cash out and sell they were worth 400 each

lucky af

I still kick myself for not foreseeing the goldmine. I could be fucking retired rn if I didn't consider them a joke. Only reason I ever got involved was online poker getting banned in the USA and me being a degen

I made about $900 on Dogecoin taking my miner with me on my work trips. Hotels were paid for by work so the power was free.

my uni is really good about tracking this. A few of my friends do it over a 3g connection. I used to just use a vpn to do it.

dam that's fucking sick. probably made him at least 0.000001 bitcoin minimum.... i envy him

fucking kekness

You sound like my friend. He is still kicking himself in the ass for not buying bitcoin back then. He just wasn't sure and didn't want to gamble with what little money he had. Just think, he could have been a millionaire ezpz.

>free electricity
>paying rent
Pick one dumbshits

You could put one such mine under a 20 store block of flats, run watercolor through it and sell it as a heating to the whole building.

Buying Bitcoin in 2011, betting on Trump win with 10-1 payout, investing in AMD stocks in 2014. We all have our regrets user.

the fact that Sup Forums users don't know this pasta.

I thought summer was over...

Ohh shit, it's you again.
The miner hadn't made much in a couple months, had it? Any profit by now?
Didn't you drop a miner somewhere else as well?

Or maybe I'm mistaken of the person, but I remember a similar story.

>rent doesn't change whether you use 100kW or 1000kW
>not free electricity
God damn you're retarded

ebin

I would have done this too 3 years ago, but
1) I was too poor for a decent miner
2)ROI was too low for realistic timeframes
3)Feels like an asshole think to do
4)Eventually meters were installed

do you actually have 90k on your bank account?

i have yet to hear a real success story were someone has been able to cash out on a large scale.

then pay attention.

There was a story floating round a while ago about a couple of the kids from one of those fancy colleges in the US getting expelled for using their supercomputer to mine BitCoins.

If that power is in the grid, the damage is already done. Using it doesn't make it any worse.

I work at my universitys advanced computer computer center and have root access to every computer in all the clusters, I could make mad fucking cash

Do it, if the IT guy catches you offer him a 30% cut.