If I want to make an audio mix using my Macbook Pro, should I use Ableton Live or Traktor 2?

If I want to make an audio mix using my Macbook Pro, should I use Ableton Live or Traktor 2?

I've heard that Ableton is best for ease, but Traktor 2 is a more traditional DJ software. The only reason I don't just assume Traktor 2 is best is because I'm not really looking to do anything live (yet), I'd just like to make mixes that sound well done, specifically a mix for my Dad of his favorite oldies tracks to begin with & go from there.

DAW general I guess

please help.... i'm new here

im sorry for bumping this cancer of a post but just download audacity and match the songs tempo manually and then export the whole thing
you dont really want a DAW for this, and traktor is for realtime djing. now get the fuck out op

How is this a cancer post, are you faggots really this elitist...?

Audacity is simpleton shit, I'm trying to make a real mix not mash some tracks together into one big one. Do you know what a mix is?

>>

lmao, childish, at least I'm not a Sup Forums regular.

then why post here asking for help got to reddit or anywhere else

>got to reddit

They all do the same thing at the end of the day. I prefer Ableton because the gray aesthetic with only live modules being coloured makes sense.

Ever hear of Gentoo?

Tractor is not a DAW. If you want to make music with those 2 live is the only answer.

buy pioneer fag

>interested in music production
>doesnt even know traktor is a DJ software
kys

Is Ardour any good? How's the hardware support?

Tascam Portastudio 4 track tape recorder

all the buttons, filters, effects in the world aren't gonna make your music not suck

Ardour is terrible, its an accurate reflection for everything related to pro audio on linux. The only think I use on linux for to make music is an auto silence detection system that generates samples on the fly and stores them on a NAS.

Ableton is a DAW.
You can produce music from scratch with it.
You can also play live with it.
You can also create mashups by dragging the music files into the timeline and editing it from there.
You can also create mashups by recording yourself mixing the songs.

Traktor 2 is a DJ software.
You cannot produce music from scratch with it.
You can also play live with it.
You cannot create mashups by dragging the songs into a timeline (which it doesn't have).
You can also create mashups by recording yourself mixing the songs.

If you want to make songs out of instruments and samples, pick a DAW. Other DAWS you could choose from are FL Studio and Pro Tools.
If you want to mix songs the way you see DJs doing it, pick a DJ software. Other DJ software you could choose from are Serato and Deckadance.

It is also important to note that it is possible to DJ entirely with Ableton Live. Some producers who use Live to make music also use it when they perform live.

This.

If you want to create music from nothing, use ableton
If you want to mix songs, use traktor. It is also much easier and comfy to use with a mixer

Worldwide club standard... Serato.

Production/Recording/mixdowns... 'Logic Pro'

Mixing/beatmatching/eqing...
'Serato.'