Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Why is it so hard for you stupid niggers to cuntpaste an OP when making a new thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Venzan/saved/7Rwzyc
wps.com/linux
thpc.info/dual/7/install_dos710_on_win7.html
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for the proper sqt edition, OP

How do I dissable my phones service while at the same time leaving mobile data working
Basicly just go in flight mode but without disabling internet
I used to have 3g dongle and if I called that number it said phone is off.

you cant do that its impossible

> Thanks for the proper sqt edition, OP
You're welcome. I try.

Which phone do you have? I'm not 100% sure if it's relevant across all phones, but what I can do is turn on airplane mode, then press on the WiFi symbol to turn on WiFi, but that's on Android.

Assuming this code:
while(inputData.fail()){
foo = 0;
inputData>>foo;
bar = bar + foo;
}

What else can I do to where the loop won't add the last line of data twice, and so I don't have to initialize foo to 0 at the beginning of the loop to prevent it from doing so?

Disregard , I figured out what you were trying to say.

Yeah, I don't know if that would be possible.

Phone is xperia z3c. Its probably impossible or at very least requires root or custom room, both of which I dont have time to fiddle about.

Tbqh there should be option in android to dissable gsm service (voice, texts) and just leave data on (3/4g)

Alright, I don't know if this will work or not, or whether or not you have an Android phone, but if you do, try disabling the phone and SMS apps and then see what happens when you try calling and texting your number.

Forgot to put in the !.
while(!inputData.fail()){
foo = 0;
inputData>>foo;
bar = bar + foo;
}

is there any way to programatically get the possible arguments for a program? (Probably not for anything non-standard, but what about GNU?)

o shit see Also, if you're talking about just disabling 2G/GSM service, all you have to do is go to Settings -> Data usage -> Cellular networks -> Disable 2G.

I don't think it would matter, though. Calls and texts go through 2/3/4G networks, and 2G is being phased out.

>try to install a newer Linux kernel because my laptop's shitty wifi card's drivers are only supported on the newer kernel
>reboot
>goes through grub
>fucking black screen

REEEEEEEE what am I supposed to do now??? I know I can just boot into the older kernel but then I don't have internet. Did I install the kernel wrong? I just put the linux-image package on a flash drive and installed it with dpkg (using Debian here). Is there something else I need to fuck around with?

>black screen
>on linux
Just run startx, or start xdm, ldm or whatever debian uses

new build, trying to install windows 7 off USB. Once the USB launches, mouse and keyboard do not work. No cursor is visible.

BIOS is detecting keyboard just fine.

>inb4 install gentoo
I need Windows 7 as well.

can I save a jquery selector into a variable and later change it for another while preserving event handlers?

How do you start writing a program?

lay out the idea block scheme on pen and paper?
Just star writing and wing it?

Whats the right way Sup Forums?

Depends on size and purpose and all sorts of shit.

I like to plan it out first even if it's simple skiddie stuff. At least get an idea of tthe logic behind it and necessary components.

Got it. Enabled PS/2 Simulator

I bought a new lapop.

It comes preinstalled with Win 10 Home single language.

If i reformat it with a win 10 home single language ISO, will it still activate.

It didnt come with a DVD of windows 10 Home.

>picture an terrorist
abbbbb

I have problem installing win7 just like my problem is slightly different because my win7 install gets stuck asking for drivers, and even if i insert a USB with all the laptop drivers it doesnt allow me to open them from there.
wat can i do ?
also if i try to boot the win7 usb with the default bios settings i get BSOD.
ASUS X540SA

>startx
Tried it. Doesn't work. It gives me a "no screens found" error.

Never mind, I solved it by reading the docs on dynamically added elements

Why are you doing shitty kernel manual swapping shit? Just use an ethernet cable to upgrade the kernel faggot.

I didn't find any reason why this problem follow me every time. I have an raspberry pi with jessie on it. After installing and upgrading my system, I need to have ssh access to the rpi. after a successfull connection over ssh, the connection will be closed after a while, without no reason. when this happend, I can't connect again over ssh to thr rpi. I had changed the devices where I tried to connect to the rpi, I started the networking process new, I started the sshd new, I started the rpi complete new and wrote the image a second time on the sd card, nothing helped... any ideas?

In RUFUS, What's the difference in writing in ISO image mode and writing in DD image mode?

I have to write a simple (Tamarak) processor in Verilog. I kinda understand how it works, but I have zero experience with Verilog.

Is this possible with a a simple program like Veriwell? Do I have to write everything in one document?

I understand how each module works, but I don't know how to start this shit..

Is there a program like Image Eye for GNU/Linux?
So a borderless image viewer, with the possibility to zoom, rotate and switch between images?

Are there any safe places to download old versions of play store apps?

feh

I have a Windows 7 pro key but I don't have the disk to install. What do?

Thank you, do you know how i can set this command as default for every image file?
feh --scale-down --auto-zoom
if i use feh alone it would only show a part of an image i took with my camera, because the resolution is too high and resizing would cut a part of the image.
Also it doesn't seem to support gifs which is sad and transparent images will just show those tiles instead of being actually transparent like in image eye and it has a border, but that might be because of my desktop environment, i don't know. I'm quite new to linux.

libreoffice or openoffice?

My speakers keep "connecting/disconnecting" according to audio driver under Windows 7 and GA-Z170-HD3P motherboard. How to find solution on my own?

How do I connect a wifi hotspot to a router? The router will then distribute the internet using wired and wireless connections.

Which monitor should I get to compliment this video card for a new PC I'm building?

I'd like one that can take advantage of 1440p.

Price isn't an issue.

Build for those who are curious, and for anyone who might be able to improve it. Ausfag prices and hardware availability are a bitch. I'm trying to keep it under 2k, monitor not included as I have a decent one which will become the second banana.

au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Venzan/saved/7Rwzyc

My PC works fine if I'm using a PS2 keyboard, but won't boot if I use a USB keyboard. Why?

BIOS dont like the USB keyboard?

Just bought a GTX 1070 and 144hz monitor for it.

Will my i7 2600k 3.4ghz bottleneck me much?

I already know my 5400 rpm hdd will.

Nice build. As a 1070 owner I use a Asus PG278Q.

Libre Office Fresh

WPS
wps.com/linux

Impossible, unless the router have "bridge mode" option and only then you can use wire connection.

>bottleneck
It's meme.

I've been trying to install LetsEncrypt certificates on my LAMP server for a while now, but the automatic setup never seems to complete the configuration correctly. So I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows of any well-written guides for manually creating letsencrypt certificates and then installing them in apache.

Is there a way so i can make phone calls from my computer,i wonder if there is some kind of voice streming software so i can use my computer as a mic for my phone,kinda like whatsapp web works for whatsapp but for phonecalls.

Viber.

Look up VoIP services. Skype is ass but is a pretty popular VoIP provider.

seems good

thanks man

Why have i never heard of them if they are good?

i have a good voice plan in my phone,i just wonder if there is a way to answer the incoming calls of my phone from my computer.

>Why have i never heard of them if they are good?
LibreOffice is cucked by OpenOffice which belong to Oracle.
WPS is relatively new, mostly for android/iOS.
Also they don't use GPL license.

How do I escape the Python shell interpreter?

you can do it over bluetooth

My Windows 10 start menu and other shit stopped working about a month ago, I already used the command that restores all the store crap and it didn't work, what do?
I've had Cortana and all the other crap blocked for a while before it stopped working, so it wasn't anything I did.

NSA is trying to block your hacking activities

Does restarting the explorer process help at all. even temporarily?

exit()

Nope, and clicking the sound and wifi icons doesn't do anything as well, I can't even create another user account.

I have been looking into buying some budget monitor speakers for quite some time now and almost all the sites I read highly recommend the KRK Rokit RP5 G3.

while I'm okay with shelling out the money for it, I'm curious how the other 'sizes' of this particular brand/model are. There's RP6, RP8... all that. They seem to be bigger and more expensive. Is there any particular reason why I would want those over the RP5?

Ctrl+d

How can I implement a way of using two or more words for controlling program control?
I want to use two words which each display something different. I created the first using a while loop, but I don't know how I'd implement the second.

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with stock 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3L 1600 RAM. I'm looking at 16GB (2x 8GB) kits to upgrade. I'm looking currently at the Kingston HyperX Impact or the Corsair Vengeace kits.

The stock RAM that came with my system is CL11, but the Kingston kit is CL9 and the Corsair one is CL10. I've got everything else matched exactly, from frequency to voltage and number of dimms but I'm hesitant since I'm unable to find any information on whether the motherboard in my Y50 only supports CL11 SODIMMs or it can also support CL9 and CL10 SODIMMs.

So will a CL9 or CL10 in the worst case just compensate and run at a higher latency timing if my motherboard only supports CL11? Or is this a bad idea and should I hunt harder for CL11? My feeling is it should work fine, but I want to get as much information before I make the purchase.

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but fuck it. Is there such a thing as a decently sized panel (read: 30ish inches or more) that's 1080p and around 200€? It also needs to have DVI-D or HDMI. I wouldn't mind buying korean though I never did it, but I can't find any panels that fit the bill.

30" 1080p is more into tv territory

I have a WD scorpio blue drive that is locked by an ATA password when i set it in bios but no longer have the laptop.

I have tried many tools like Victoria ,hdparm, MHDD, and dban unlock the drive but i cannot unlock it. Is this drive bricked?

Is it possible to install MS-DOS on a modern machine?

I'm planning to use it as a "TV" of sorts. I don't watch cable anymore nowadays, but I'd put it where my current (ancient) Sony CRT is and connect it to my PC to watch shows and play some vidya.

How's 3D vision with nvidia?

My only experience with 3D was a 55" 3DTV with some pixar blurays and was quite pleasant. Is Overwatch 3D possible with similar popping results?

No, BIOS locked.

Is it possible to use computer to heat the room?

If a UEFI motherboard was changed but it should have the same specs/everything ,will Windows boot if the GPT partition map was used?

Need to test laptop in a repair shop after motherboard swap

My professor has a bunch of audiotapes of psychotherapy sessions that need to be transcribed. He mentioned Dragon. How good is it, and what alternatives if any do you recommend?

And isn't it be possible to unlock it? I'm asking this because I found this tutorial earlier and I'm not sure it's some sort of scam.

thpc.info/dual/7/install_dos710_on_win7.html

No, not unless you A) want your computer to not work at all, B) spend more on electricity by putting all that power into a system to do a function it was not meant to do and C) risk catching something on fire and burning down your house.

Buy a radiator you fucking Jew

DOS is installed along side windows.

LG gram Intel Core i5-6200U 2.8 GHz
8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
256 GB Solid-State Drive
15.6-Inch Screen
2.2lbs
$831.36

vs

Lenovo Lavie Z 13.3-Inch Laptop - Core i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 13.3in QHD Display
1.9lbs
$705.18

Invest in Nvidia's Fermi architecture cards, should easy to score a good deal on them on eBay

I'm seroius.
Room temp is 3-5 C and the CPU temp on load is 25 C
Are side fans a good idea? to draw the hot air from the case ?

Lenovo unless you want the bigger (albeit lower resolution) screen.

Anyone?

is it possible to run multiple instances of Tor (each one with different exit node), using the default Tor bundle portable installation?

No, you can though if you use qubes

my rx 480 hits 85 under full load and the heat coming out the back is insane

you can literally feel the temperature change with every step in my room if I leave my gpu at 100% for 10 or 15 minutes

I know SSDs don't like being left off, but is there some sort of cumulative limit involved there? Like, if I have it off for a grand total of a year or whatever does it cease to work? Or does it have a 'counter' of some kind that gets reset whenever it's powered back on, keeping all its data maintained?

Does ublock origin actually blocks the ads (and whatever you set it to filter) from loading or does it just prevent them from showing to you (letting it load in the "background")?
And is there any source to backup the answer?

>pair and connect bluetooth headset on windows 10
>get this popup even though it's already working perfeclty fine without restarting

but why?

How good is a 2007 laptop Quadro for gaming? Quadro NVS 140M

the fuck is this? why is chrome the only browser not loading threads or the UI?

>github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?

does anyone here know prolog?

what's a good software to maximize battery life in Linux? I'm using arch with a crappy Lenovo essentials laptop and I'm lucky if I get more than 2h per charge

reinstall 4chanx

Didn't work, it did the same thing without 4chanX loaded as an extension too

what happens in incognito mode? Also try safe mode with no other add-ons

What type of materials would I need to build my own chassis that can easily be mounted to a wall

That worked, could it be one of my other extensions blocking Sup Forums from loading completely?

yes. my money is in some kind of adblocker preventing the page from loading the css or some shit like that

Just figured it out, it wasnt uBlock though it was Privacy Badger

Thanks

lube long and prosper my friend

Suppose your ports are blocked by your ISP so you use a gateway server and SSH reverse tunnel your local server to the interwebs.

How would you enable SSL on the website?

Any torrent downloaded with better scaling?