Purchasing a new monitor when OLED is around the corner

> Purchasing a new monitor when OLED is around the corner

Good goy

>$5000
yeah, no.

Same was said 10 years ago
Stupid goy

Spot the retard. There are $5000 TN monitors too.

Wew, great logic. Name a OLED monitor less than $5000. Protip: You can't.

you'll never be able to afford super high pixel density OLED monitors with the same ppi as phones
why even live?

>wait for a new tech to roll out, buy it on day 0 for 5x price and full with design failures
>calling others good goy
>animeposting

consider suicide

Show me.

I'm going to buy ten IPS monitors just to spite your jew-hating ass

>his main monitor isn't the 2016 15" MBP's, the best computer display currently in existence

>OLED
enjoy your burn-in

>waiting to buy a monitor that'll have horrible burn-in

No thanks.

There are a few ways manufacturers can help avoid burn in for now and eventually it will be a complete non issue.

I'd say the slight risk of burn in is overshadowed by how good OLED is but it's horses for courses obviously.

Price is too big of a factor for OLED monitors right now though.

Honestly can't wait for OLED monitors to be non ridiculous prices.

For now I'll keep buying second hand monitors on the cheap

More important than OLED, what about HDR on monitors? Haven't read anything at all about it, and I'm pretty curious. There are lots of cool stuff happening around display technology right now which makes me not want to upgrade from 1080p.

People said the same shit about plasma, look where that went.

My only experiance with OLED is from owning a PS Vita. It only took a few short months until I got my first burn-in's which made me hate OLED's ever since. If they really are getting better then I just might change my mind on them, shit looks too damn good to be held back by simple burn-in's.

>tfw no 24 inch 144hz ips HDR monitor

why even live

OLEDs are a meme for computer use. Wait for something better in 2030. They'll never be cheap like IPS panels.

No standards are in place for it. Will be at least another year before 8k monitors are usable.
No.
>burn in trolls
See Sony.

OLED FUCKING WHEN I WILL BUY ONE THE MINUTE THEY RELEASE MY PHONE HAS OLED AND ITS FUCKING GORGEOUS I WOULD KILL FOR A MONITOR LIKE THAT

>It only took a few short months until I got my first burn-in's which made me hate OLED's ever since
That was years ago and even then it was so bad that it was unusual for an OLED. If you want to see what a modern OLED is capable of, take a look at Samsung phones and some of the later Nokia phones. I've got both a galaxy s6 and a lumia 930, neither of which are showing signs of dimming or burn in. The screen on the lumia 930 is actually too damn bright, even on the lowest setting but that's because windows phone 10 is ass