Name ONE (1) (-1/-1) (1.00) (1^1) (sqrt(1)) flaw with Gentoo

Name ONE (1) (-1/-1) (1.00) (1^1) (sqrt(1)) flaw with Gentoo.

What's that?
You can't?

I run gentoo as my daily driver get on my level plebs

The install process and the package manager
t. Arch baby who's too stupid to install Gentoo

Why do people think the package manager is complicated? I understand believing the installation is complicated, but the package manager?

>daily driver

>the package manager
The package manager is the best part about Gentoo.

fkin Gentoo plebs. Give me one reason why you are not using TempleOS
(Tip: You can't)

Waiting for large packages to compile, i.ie, time wasting.

>claims to run TempleOS by posting on the internet
>doesn't realize TempleOS can't connect to the cia nigger internet

It's slower than Solus. And anyway it's not Solus

I tried to install gentoo on in a vm and I got stuck somewhere along the line, I forget what went wrong

Maybe I'll try it again tonight.

Who are you? Fkin MIT nigger. I obviously run TempleOS as a VM and use Ubuntu as OS

You don't wait, you shitposting about something what you don't have phoneposter. (Computers have more cores so they can multitask)

That's one of the best parts of Gentoo. You get to configure the packages exactly to your liking.

Using a VM makes it more complicated because you tune Gentoo specifically to your hardware. Try a live machine instead.

The last time I installed Gentoo it took over 4 hours for all my programs to compile, Xorg itself took an hour and a half.

No, just no.

You do know that you're not required to compile your programs, right?
It's entirely optional.
Very easy to get the pre-compiled binaries if you'd wish.

>You do know that you're not required to compile your programs, right?
Does that not defeat the purpose of Gentoo?

>Why do people think the package manager is complicated?
It is. I've installed Gentoo three fucking times in the last year, first round of updates to each one leaves me with an unusable mess. It's just too much work. I'm determined to get it working someday, though.

It does.
I'm just saying that you're not required to if you don't want to.
Honestly, I love being able to compile everything and configure it to my liking. It makes it fast, snappy, and just for me.

Gentoo probably isn't for you.

Gentoo is the superior distro, you guys just don't know it yet =)

it is pretty much designed like LFS but simpler. Maybe as a server OS where security matters and you look at all the code before you compile it. As a desktop os it is fucking useless. I want to install EMACS so i sit there for an hour on an i7

Still working on that pythagorean theorem code I see. Do you actually do anything with your set up besides take pictures of it?

I think what I like most about Gentoo is that it's much more bazaar-like than other distributions.

Collegefag shit, research, and some other stuff.
I just ordered some kneesocks so I'd be glad to take you to /bst/ with me and I can show you ;-)

P.S I normally just play around with the code for my Pyth. Theorem to try and make it more efficient ^_^

>pythagorean theorem
>Collegefag shit

top kek

I'm actually focusing on Lambda Calculus right now. =)

That Pyth. Theorem thing was just a project I did in middleschool.

It uses the Linux kernel.

gentoo doesnt come with 2000 packages. real distros give you a shitload of packages and it's like christmas

>I read catb
Nobody cares.