Sell millions of products

>Sell millions of products
>Music
>Video and TV now
>Videogames
>Food

Fug, how did they do it? What's next for them?

>how did they do it?

Lack of competition when they started.

Now they just run on numbers, evil and white shirts, like any fortune 500.

exploiting staff and absorbing any blowback using profitable sectors.

Why isn't Google doing the same? They are pretty much similar, i am surprised that Google didn't open their own store too.

Bankruptcy.

They should try breaking into the smartphone market. Who knows, they might actually succeed?

gtfo shill, funny how when a stock is tanking suddenly you see a shitty Sup Forums thread, time and time again this happened

AWs is where it's at, amazon revolutionized B2C piggy backing on ebays shady C2C, Bezos serves on the DoD tech board headed by Schmidt

>Fug, how did they do it? What's next for them?

Why do you even care, do you realize the amount of competition rising from China

wait till google buy them

Start with one product category.
Expand product categories over time.
Throw all money made back into the company.
Use resources and knowledge gained from running back end systems to expand into computing services.

Didn't newegg start out dealing in computer parts?
Really makes you think.

>debit card
Banks wont cover these if you get hoodwinked online.

there's no way google is buying amazon, you don't understand business do you? anti-trust laws

ITT pajeets just piggybacking and talking about shit they don't know just to feed the zeitgeist @ blackrocks aladdin

Really wish more stores gave that option. I'd have no reason not to take that deal if shopping from big chains or reputable stores like NewEgg. If I'm shopping there anyway I don't really need credit card protection.

Burned through a shitload of VC capital until the git gud.

>implying you can properly operate a PC without wearing neko stockings

newegg was founded by a taiwanese american and recently got bought out by a chinese conglomerate (Hangzhao Liaison) it's just american on the facade but it's actually taiwanese/chinese

Anti-trust laws haven't worked in years. Tell me how anti-trust works when the ISP monopolies exist

banks usually have a policy for these. Swiping your debit card is like writing a check. You can challenge it and get your money back similar to a charge back except you're not debited

It isn't the anti-trust law in itself but the size of the players which deterioriate any perceived competition and fair option of choice, when you look at market dualities and oligarchies its more often than not agreed competition at fixed prices to maintain operating margins within the industry, if google buys amazon it's more for the black budget deals that AWS has in managing a chunk backbone of the web

easy
be "friendly" to third party sellers
they make everything from listing to sourcing
charge them for almost everything
they are succesful. kick them out with some lame excuse.
contact the same supplier (you already have that info)
???
profit.

>What's next for them?

Selling people

Assuming lobbyists like comcast don't get in the way. Comcast absorbed huge swathes of local companies in the early 90's that established their presence in some 37 states and being the only major proprietor of internet service in over 15 of them exclusively.

>tfw no mail order nipponese waifu

Their cloud services are fantastic... If you need to rent some fast GPUs or a quick database. It's cheap as fuck and you pretty much have the capabilities of a super computer at your fingertips.

I used to go "botnet" about cloud, and it's still a literal botnet, but it's so convenient and cheap as fuck to do things that would had required million dollar investments only a few years ago for just a few $10s.

more competition = less profit, the telco industry is such a racket in many countries, look at the richest wetback; basically tech companies are banking in virgin territory because a sizable portion of the population doesn't understand the implication of layering territory and the margins that can be made in this dimension, it's just not grasped as a concept that's why when all these baby boomers just retire the hell out and some millenials burst from their bubble instead of being droned out that sphere can capitalize itself and branch out in its own new dimension, totally new rules and still tied to old models for the sake of classic regulation and reporting, 15 years after the bubble the tech sphere has just started even with a couple memes falling off (industrial revolution, ios, ai, big data, fintech, alternative currencies, anything you can cross ref from reality)

great torrent seedboxes too, just not getting caught. AWS = top dog

probably selling books

underrated post

>mfw I order food off Amazon just so I can avoid driving to the store

c-cute

Ye olde history repeats itself

tfw Guns and Roses bassist Duff McKagan invested in 1994 a $100k in Seattle companies Starbux, M$ and Amazon

$10k is worth $2mill today

And it is almost consumer friendly, so painless with super sweet APIs that are well documented. It has great tutorials and all sorts of features. I probably don't even know 5% of what it can do.

I only use my personal account for testing purposes and use the free tier on my personal account. But if you can figure out some use from this then it's super powerful. Highly recommend AWS and it's the best thing about Amazon. I wish I got money to shill for it, it would have been the easiest job even though it's a literal botnet (like all cloud services) so encrypt your shit if you care about privacy or don't put private shit on it.

ye, I cut up my debit card for savings purposes but when im really desperate for pizza I am just glad I can buy gift cards off of new egg with paypal. bless.