Archlinux or Gentoo? Wtf how do I install

I've got archlinux mounted to a usb right now but looking at the installation guide I don't really understand whats happening at the "Partition the disk" section, am I supposed to understand whats happening?

What is the actual difference between Archlinux and Gentoo? What are the distributions meant for? Is Gentoo just a meme because its very hard to install as people say?

Is there any easy guide that explains what happens and how to install Archlinux? Don't really understand what im doing except copy+pasting commands to the shell

p.s I was wanting to install Archlinux on a USB, not an actual sdd/hdd does this still werk? cause I have ubuntu that does this

install solus

Fuck off kevinnet

Use Antergos for an Arch live environment

use solus

>copy+pasting
You mean killing+yanking

>not knowing what partitioning the disk means
please tell me you're joking

Well I guess its just allocating a certain amount of space to certain files but the thing is I dont understand the inner details is that ok?

Also can someone post relevant completely beginner guide to Archlinux?

Again what is the difference between Gentoo and Arch? Just memes or do they have relevant differences?

Is 16Gb of space too small for a Usb to run arch? People are recomending like 5GiB of space for the root partition

What are the benefits of Arch/Gentoo over Windows?

None. Install solus.

2fast4u :^)

install gentoo

you can make your computer work like Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park's

PLEASE I actually want to know the purpose of the OS, why are there only memes associated with this.

arch and gentoo are distros that essentially force you to install every feature you might need. they are very good for learning how linux works. the difference between them is that gentoo also forces you to compile everything by yourself. this is why gentoo is considered to be the fastest OS

>this is why gentoo is considered to be the fastest OS

More like, because if you build everything yourself you'll be targeting your specific CPU model (eg: haswell).

So you need to install Solus NOW!

>I don't really understand whats happening at the "Partition the disk" section, am I supposed to understand whats happening?
If you already don't understand this part, the next steps will completely go over your head.
Part of the reason you use arch is because it gives you a lot of customizability, just copy/pasting stuff completely defeats its purpose.

>What is the actual difference between Archlinux and Gentoo?
There's a huge difference which I won't get into it right now.
The two aren't very comparable other than that they are the two distros on Sup Forums that are used for memes the most.

Is Gentoo just a meme because its very hard to install as people say?
On Sup Forums, yes.
Otherwise, no.
Gentoo has its place on servers or computers where you need the maximum speed and stability that you can only achieve with the high amounts of customizability gentoo offers you.

>Is there any easy guide that explains what happens and how to install Archlinux?
Not that I know of.
If you just want it to be a hipster and brag on Sup Forums, use architect/pacbang or arch anywhere.
If you want an arch based distro which actually works and is easy to install, use manjaro or antergos.

>nogames or nogames

>not understanding partitinoning

I dis b8?

If you don't understand what it means to partition a disk, you're not ready yet.
Either install a different distro that takes care of everything on its own, or you'll have to read a lot more to understand everything.