What does it feel like to switch on your self assembled PC for the first time?

What does it feel like to switch on your self assembled PC for the first time?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/tNwDkT
youtube.com/watch?v=B1wOK9yGUYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

horrible, as you realise you installed botnet 10

>fans spin up

>it turns itself off

>some time in the 90s
I guess I managed to not break it and it worked so it wasn't a huge waste of money. That foxconn board on the next one really crapped out though.

definitely a little scary

> fan spins up
> turns off
> dots and dashes beeped out from motherboard

>foxconn
Oops. It was a Gigabyte that went up in smoke from a mosfet. The foxconn was fine actually.

>tfw all the fans are spinning
>tfw all the hard drives are detected
>tfw you finally get a stable overclock

>tfw you post

I've never done it, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

PC gamer tards probably would get frustrated that one component was DOA and now have to wait 2 more weeks to play their manchild games.

Cute gif. Where is it from?

hell yeah

love live
umi

>not a single piece of hardware needs RMAing
>all that research paid off
>comfy OS installation
>install Doom3 and play at ultra high settings at silky smooth 60+ FPS

my first 2005 build was money

>maybe this time it'll just work
>never mind, I didn't want a Mac in the first place

There's always something. Bank in the late 90s I put a VGA bracket cable on the wing header and let magic smoke out. Luckily the motherboard itself was fine, just the ribbon burned.

Nowadays it's a lot easier but still shit like "oh, that m.2 drive uses SATA over m.2 and the motherboard only supports NVME" or "windows 7 on a 2tb+ partition? Time for google.".

I remember I was excited. I was fifteen, and so happy to have my own computer for the first time in my life.

It feels like that moment just before you climax and blast your load off all over your sister's tits.

>There's always something.
Truth. Built a system a few months ago after spending weeks locating and obtaining cheap parts (poorfag). Finally got it all assembled, powered it on and the BIOS hung. Kept happening until, through a lot of fiddling and unplugging/swapping components, I figured out that the hard drive's power connector has some sort of issue. In the end it worked though, I just have to fuck with the hard drive again almost every time it gets powered off.

Comfy.

>first time only plug one PCIe 6/8pin into the GPU which had two slots
>thought I could choose one
>power it on
>GPU instantly spins up to max RPM and sounds like a jet engine
>holy fuuuuuuuck the GPU must be broken!
>20 minutes of internet later figure out that I had to plug both 6/8pin connectors into the GPU
>relief

Mine never did this, it just didn't run up to snuff. What brand/card?

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6970

>flash bios update
>update looks like it went through
>PC boots back up
>won't post

;_;

Eh, maybe because it's an older card or AMD, but I don't know.

To answer OP's question, scary first, then joy and relief when everything worked as it should.

>Eh, maybe because it's an older card or AMD, but I don't know.
Thought that was normal
It basically screamed at me that I fucked up, and didn't boot either

>tfw pushing your vishera to the limits and realizing you won silicon lottery

it feels just as good as an other lottery

Rage because it never fucking works first time due to some bullshit

Then you get to enjoy waiting 5 decades for windows to install and update

I won the silicon lottery harder than anyone else ever has

i5-2500k, stable at 5ghz under 80 degrees
On a tiny little CM hyper TX3.

Literally the only annoying part was when I had to plug in the 6+2 pin into the GPU and the +2 kept separating

Trick is to just plug the +2 in first, and then the 6.

Pretty damn good, built it for my little brother, testes crysis, got 40fps maxed, far better then expected, and worlds better than the shit box I was using.

>>won't post
And here is the reason that I never touch the bio if there is ANY other option.

Congrats user on the first build! Desktops can be bitches to get working the first time around but they're pretty straight forward to build these days (90s early 2000s were fucking dangerous). The only terrifying moment I had was when I tried to build my own laptop.
>tfw you triple check everything
>tfw still not sure if something gonna short out on the casing
>hiding behind door in case of bad battery cell or overheating
Luckely all the base components worked fine (had a slight optical drive and led connection problem) and I didn't waste $1500+ worth of components...

>I tried to build my own laptop
What

>under 80 degrees
top kek

you retarded niga

feels the same as approaching a girl, except it won't judge you for not having money, a car, a degree and being socially inept.

Restart button turns the PC on and power button restarts it.

Time to reread the pinout.

Holy shit, I'm about to feel this for the first time next week right after I snatch all the good deals in black friday.

Plan to do this $300 budget gayming build:

pcpartpicker.com/list/tNwDkT

After doing it for a decade, it's underwhelming. I almost wish there'd be issues to fix, but all my builds work on the first boot. Technology has gotten easier to work with and everything today fits a form factor, so there's little to no modification necessary.

Briefly terrifying because you forgot to switch on the power supply before pressing the power button/jumping the pwr btn pins

Actually, I take that back.

The best part about building is taking the time out to route your cables to not only provide the best airflow, but to also provide accessible leads for future upgrades.

I finished this build on Sunday after 7 or so hours, while watching Bob's Burgers. This one required some grinding to get the front 280mm rad to fit. When that front cover snapped on flush, man, that was the best feeling ever.

Anyone can plug in parts and cables, but not everyone has the patience to plan and execute their systems' foundations.

I like what you did with the 8 pin cables
>RAM fans

>I like what you did with the 8 pin cables
You shouldn't he created a coil. Which probably isn't a huge deal, but the fact he also has the Power-link sitting on top of the GPU unused (it's supposed to be used to hide your 8 pin cables)

Felt dumb when I was wondering why there wasn't any video output through the motherboard, only to find out you're supposed to plug it in through the graphics card. Other than that, it's like watching your kid walk for the first time or something. It's magical.

This overclock doesn't fuck around.

I got the Powerlink for free, but I don't like it. It feels cheap and doesn't fit well on the FTW. Besides, I'd rather have the leads accessible than fuck around with cheap plastic again.

>Turn on PC
>No display on screen or error beeps
>Spend next 2 hours trying to troubleshoot
>Turns out the RAM wasn't seated properly

>I got the Powerlink for free, but I don't like it. It feels cheap and doesn't fit well on the FTW. Besides, I'd rather have the leads accessible than fuck around with cheap plastic again.
then take it out of your case you retard.

You've just got cheap shitty plastic EVGA sitting on top of your GPU for no reason.

>2 days

>Turns out the RAM wasn't seated properly
Basic hardware troubleshooting.

Reseat GPU, RAM, and make sure all power connectors are making a secure connection.

>no beep
Just fuck my shit up, senpai!

>it doesn't turn on

You don't tell me what to do anymore, dad.

It's an airdam to split the airflow between the RAM fans and GPU fans. This overclock is no joke.

Too bad it is a joke, post latency and bandwidth of your RAM if you aren't a bitch.

Meet me on the touge at midnight.

kek, I bet it's over 60ns.

>SATA over m.2
AHCI is not SATA.

Just try and compete with my dual channel DDR3 at 1866 MHz 10-11-10-30, faggot

With no heat spreaders, I should add, let alone fans

I'll give you a heat spread alright ;)

great the first few times, not that interesting when you've built many pcs with standard lego brick methodology.

My 6+2 had some shitty plastic tab that didn't allow you to plug them separately, you HAD to hold them together and insert them at the same time. The 20+4 was worse, I almost broke my finger trying to plug in the damn thing.

My last build I powered it on and it worked right off the bat. It's a little scary, just waiting for the beeps and boops or something to go wrong.

But it starts, and you see that we can reach the infinite. That we are in possession of our own destiny and that every victory is an accomplishment which will assure our world is just a little better.

Then you get it working the way you want, and shitpost.

youtube.com/watch?v=B1wOK9yGUYM

>Everything's in the case
>Cables all routed
>Plug it in
>Hit the power button
>Time slows immensely, your heart rate increases
>The lights turn on and the fans begin to spin
>It feels like days pass
>Your monitor lights up, displays the splash screen
>You hear that singular beep indicating everything POSTed
>Temps look good
>XMP profile looks fine
>You notice the small sticky stain in your pants because it was so good
>Reboot and install OS

This just happened to me on Sunday, it turns out that the ram was in the wrong slot, felt great when the bios showed on screen.

>tfw you finally fix that bug in your code that you've spent hours on googling the answer for.

>tfw your friend brings you parts to assemble for them
>except it's raining and they're not covered in any way

le bongo grille