Are non-4k monitors obsolete?Should i buy one?I only have a normal monitor and considering buying one more

Are non-4k monitors obsolete?Should i buy one?I only have a normal monitor and considering buying one more

>asking tech consumerist shillboard with rampant pajeets advertising all day erry day
>whether or not you should buy x
look here faggot, if you have something that already works, use it. otherwise stfu cause this place doesn't need another fucking shitpost

Gaming? 1080/1440
Not Gaming? 4k

>Are non-4k monitors obsolete?
No, they'll still be relevant for another few years.

>Should i buy one?
Nah. Not enough 4K content and there is no GPU out there that can handle max settings 4K gaming at 60+ FPS.

>I only have a normal monitor and considering buying one more
Spend that money on something else like an SSD or GPU upgrade.

>few

>falling for the overhype
At least wait until the new shit's relevant first.

I should have gotten a 4k ips screen instead of a 1440p 144hz one.

1440p isnt a big jump from1080p

>Are non-4k monitors obsolete
Yeah.
I have a 4k 43 inch monitor and enjoy it a lot.
Sadly there is not much choice in the +40 inch class. (like only 3 or 4 monitors available)

>Not enough 4K content and there is no GPU out there that can handle max settings 4K gaming at 60+ FPS
>gaymen
You're not wrong though
And I don't think there's a video player in existence that can properly upscale 720p anime to 4k

You can game well at 4K with a GTX 1080. A 1070 is even serviceable for most games.

lmao >>>few

Still getting by on a 1600x900 with 0 issues

Maybe at medium settings
Maxed out, even the 1080ti/TitanXP can barely reach 60fps
4K is good if you have the hardware
1440p is good if your main usage isn't movies
1080p is good if you're not 1ft away from your screen

I have a 1070 and a 4K TV, you're givin me a laff if you think that's better than a 1070 and 1440p/144hz
4K/60fps is not reasonably obtainable with a 1070 without spending 20 minutes figuring out the settings needed

>there is no GPU out there that can handle max settings 4K gaming at 60+ FPS

That's a dumb statement. There are TONS of games that even a GTX 1060 can run maxed out at 4K. I still play Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and run it at 4K downscaled via DSR, and it doesn't even cause my 1060 to clock up all the way. Same goes for the recent Bioshock remaster. Most last-gen games are no issue to run at 4K, along with less demanding stuff like Overwatch from more recent times.

It's only the latest AAA graphical shitfests that are a problem, and none of them are worth playing anyway.

Like I said, at medium settings sure, a 1050ti can play 4K at 30fps, but really, isn't graphics the reason you got a >$500 GPU and a 4K monitor anyways?

Ill probably pick up a 4k monitor next year.

Pick up a GPU too

My 970 and 1060 play d3:ros maxed at 4k. Looks good.

how big of a display and how far away are you going to be? My primary monitor is 2560x1440 but my laptop is higher resolution and I've used 5K displays at work. At a proper view distance 2560x1440 is still pretty good in terms of pixel density.

At a proper viewing distance anything is good
We're talking about sitting at a desk with a reasonably sized monitor, not VR, not living room TVs, not phone screens

Lel. So poor he can't even think of why those rich kids even want more monitor.

How big is the desk? How big is the display? how far will your chair normally be from the monitor?

You are a fucking idiot. Even a 970 can run BF4 at ultra 60fps 4k

I didn't want to create a new thread but do you guys recommend any 4k monitors for using as a main screen for when I work at home and playing some games on my pc or ps4.

Any recommendations on an IPS with 144hz?

Acer Predator XB270HU

Nah, QHD is still fine.