This is what anti-Net-Neutrality pajeets want

> This is what anti-Net-Neutrality pajeets want.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/comcast-now-has-more-than-half-of-all-us-broadband-customers/
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/11/22/we-dont-need-the-fcc-a-trump-advisers-proposal-to-dissolve-americas-telecom-watchdog
eff.org/deeplinks/2016/04/rule-41-little-known-committee-proposes-grant-new-hacking-powers-government
change.org/p/stop-mass-hacking-rule-41-now
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i fucking wish aol and msn were still a thing

From all those social media sites I think only Twitter and Facebook survived.

They've been wanting to do this shit for a while. You don't think they'd do this for other websites?

Keep in mind NBC owns Comcast. After the most recent Presidential election, they *despise* Sup Forums.

>the worst fucking shit is always the one's that live

>implying amerisubs won't lap that shit up

true, they are total cucks.

They actually WANT to abolish net neutrality and let their ISP rape them like the good little submissive slaves they are.

Comcast already did this when they purposely throttled netflix connections and counted netflix streaming against your data cap while not using your data cap on Xfinity streaming.

total 100% jeweryt

even comcast itself could barely have its own services compete with netflix, but it at least had the power to force something to make it better for themselves. how is that not indicative enough, by itself, that if we let net neutrality go, we will all be fucked?

I think Murrica is the only country that actually has net neutrality guaranteed by law right now. Sad thing is we may not be able to keep it after the next FCC commissioner is appointed.

kek.

Tell me why that would happen you retarded mongoloid.

The only reason that happens with TV's is because of the networks, not the providers.

NBC owns Comcast. Comcast owns more than half of all U.S. Broadband households.

Net neutrality is not a issue most places. It will not happen in norway anytime soon. Even if all companies started doing it, people would just use the cheap and fast state ISP instead. All private companies have to provide a better product than the state ISP which is bound to follow the public will. Which is why things like data caps cost extra and if you want to hire people to give you different prices if you go to certain sites then you need to pay for the custom service because most people don't want that. Even people who live far into the mountains, a day driving from any human settlement, they still can choose 40+ different ISPs. But none of them want to piss off the customers

>Have local ISP that's not a giant jew company, just a small jew company
>No data cap
>Pay for internet and get internet without bullshit.

>Feelsgoodman.

>pajeets
They're old white republicans that want this.

except they don't, retard

Except they do, retard.

Comcast is owned by Liberty Media which is owned by Comcast.

And their own fillings show the share of broadband households they cover. arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/comcast-now-has-more-than-half-of-all-us-broadband-customers/

>the internet is 20 websites
nope
>net neutrality stopped ISPs from throttling and data caps
nope
>i'm getting upset because mega corporations will be affected
yep

>Comcast is owned by Liberty Media which is owned by Comcast.

They own each other? How does that work?

Retarded people who were told Net Neutrality is like the Fairness Doctrine of 30 years ago. Not specific to skin color but it is specific to people who listen to conservative talkshow radio hosts.

> Muh white skinned devil

Go back to Tumblr

*Comcast owns Liberty Media which is owned by NBC

Broadband as defined by the FCC, which the FCC pulls out of it's ass.

Try again retard.

That's the only definition that has any legal and market relevance, retard.

Comcast and NBC both own liberty media?

Try again you fucking retarded nigger mongoloid

And even more bullshit from your article:

“less than one tenth of TWC customers enjoy speeds at or above 25 Mbps, whereas more than half of Comcast customers enjoy such speeds.”

Try posting some facts, faggot.

Comcast is owned by Liberty Media which is owned by NBC.

Yeah yeah, I can't type worth a damn tonight.

You fall into the 1/10th percentile of TWC, faggot. You posted your own fact that you fall under.

Because that stupid article is wrong.

TWC offers the minimum of 50mbit to easily at least 50% as the minimum and all the way up to 300mbit.

The slower areas for sure have the option of 50mbit as well.

tl;dr you're an idiot and your article is factually incorrect

Citation needed.

TWC MAXX, Also your article uses info from 2013. LOL gtfo retard.

Can you even name one single cable ISp that doesn't offer at least 50mbits? Do you even know how many cable subscribers there are?

TWC now (Spectrum) only offers two speeds now depending in your area. IF your area is in an upgraded area your options are 60/300.
If you arent in an upgraded area, your options are now 50/100. Unless you are a Legacy TWC customer than you may have more options ranging from 3mb to 50/100/200/300, but the company has decided to standardize across the board with 50/100 or 60/300.

t. former employee

MAXX areas are 100/300

non-MAXX are 50/100 or 60/100 I think.

I wonder what other sites they'd bundle Sup Forums with.

oh ya youre right, MAXX areas get the upgraded 100/300 increase, and if nonmaxx its just 50/100.

Regardless, cable companies are starting to gouge internet customers. It tooks years before Cox offered me at least 50mb down.

>net neutrality fags think that net neutrality is going to stop ISPs from implementing data caps and overage pricing

None. That pic is from like 2009.

Net Neutrality doesn't even apply to Mobile ISP's by the way.

You're thinking of the crap version of net neutrality that was struck down by the courts. The good version of net neutrality currently does cover mobile ISPs.

It technically does but the FCC chairman's shortsightedness allowed for a rather large exception by allowing mobile carriers to exempt some companies from throttling and data caps (zero rating).

I dunno. I can see MSNBC having a hate-boner for Sup Forums after the recent election.

>None. That pic is from like 2009.

So? The same threat from even-larger telecom monopolies applies.

>skypes implying this isn't exactly what NN will be used for
Good try Schlomo.

Nice thumbnail mate.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/11/22/we-dont-need-the-fcc-a-trump-advisers-proposal-to-dissolve-americas-telecom-watchdog

>A top adviser to Donald Trump on tech policy matters proposed all but abolishing the nation's telecom regulator last month, foreshadowing possible moves by the president-elect to sharply reduce the Federal Communications Commission's role as a consumer protection watchdog.

>In an Oct. 21 blog post, Mark Jamison, who on Monday was named one of two members of Trump's tech policy transition team, laid out his ideal vision for the government's role in telecommunications, concluding there is little need for the agency to exist.

>"Most of the original motivations for having an FCC have gone away," Jamison wrote. "Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies."

Why the fuck are people fighting so much for "Net Neutrality: when you should be fighting to get rid of the regional monopolies that ISPs have. If you get rid of the monopolies not only will speeds go up and prices go down, but "Net Neutrality" wouldn't even be needed. Bunch of subhuman dorks.

Unleash the capitalism, down with crony non-compete markets

>"Telecommunications network providers and ISPs are rarely, if ever, monopolies."

BUT #MAGA AMIRITE GUIZ????

duped.

comcast sucks, it's literally my only choice for high speed internet. It's a shit deal for Internet users and a good deal for cable tv subscribing idiots

well I guess I'm switching to FairPoint before Comcast fucks me

Technically he's right, ISPs in the US would be considered state-supported oligopolies

I have Fairpoint!

what pepe is this?

Oh yeah because I fucking LOVE when the telecoms write the very fucking regulation that's supposed to reign them in.

We need to cleanse the government from all corruption.

You guys know about rule 41 right? The law is going to rape net neutrality like a lil' bitch..

Heres a link
eff.org/deeplinks/2016/04/rule-41-little-known-committee-proposes-grant-new-hacking-powers-government

I doubt anyone else needs it. USA has telecommunications monopoly guaranteed to a handful of corporations, so they can get away with anything. not like a competitor will show up and take their clients.

probably because of a mix of tech illiteracy (i.e. "your games are slowing down the computer, user") and corporate deception (they could literally dress it up as "we're going to pipeline you a special bandwidth exclusively for the best facebook speeds you can get"), with a hint of not caring ("why should I give a shit about bing not being fast when i use yahoo for all my searches?")

If you better informed people of net neutrality they'd probably be more against it than they are now desu

Here's a change.org petition

change.org/p/stop-mass-hacking-rule-41-now

Keiretsu.

>If you better informed people of net neutrality they'd probably be more against it than they are now desu
Or you can refer to and stop being a fucking idiot and focus on the real problem and the only reason net neutrality as a concept is a thing, because in the US the ISPs have regional monopolies and have no competition so they can do whatever they want. You don't like your ISP? Then you MIGHT have 1 alternative but they will be just as bad.

Forgot to add the monopolies are pretty much government enforced.

there is literally NOTHING on there that I want.

I only need Sup Forums, anime sites and torrents.

It's possible the government exacerbates it, but Internet Service is a pretty classic example of a natural monopoly. The up front infrastructure cost is so huge that it's very difficult for competitors to break into the market. It's a bigger issue in low-density countries like USA and Canada than dense countries like Japan, S. Korea, and most EU nations.

The best solution I've heard is to make the last-mile infrastructure publicly-owned. The cables running to each individual customer are by far the most expensive part. If these are publicly-owned and leased to ISPs, the cost for entering the market goes down very significantly.