Friends, I've gone and done it

Friends, I've gone and done it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a4hxQhC0KM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good for you, retard.

Now install Gentoo on it.

tru

Is blowing your money away, and then telling people who don't care about it, all it takes to attain happiness nowadays?

Oh, wait. That's how it's always been. Well, good job, retard. Was it worth it?

I didn't buy this to attain happiness, this is my daily workhorse now

Lmaoing @ur life

What MacBook can I get that's fairly cheap but still runs latest Mac OS? Maybe something I can upgrade the storage on? I wanna get a mac if only to see how it is

I dunno why all the hate. A laptop is just a terminal. People don't actually do any work on laptops.

Just needs a browser a terminal and a basic editor (even that I'll do x11 forwarding so I can access all my buffers)

J
U
S
T

If that's all you need any laptop pre 2000 would suffice.

You spent a shitload of cash on a machine instead of spending a lot less on a better machine, upgrading the RAM and storage in that better machine, and then running macOS in a VM with the same or better performance than the hardware you wasted all that money on.

Congrats, you're a moron.

lot less better compared to what?

Congratulations.
Now you have a piece of jewelry that looks remotely like a computer.

You monster

lol lots of haters

running Debian Cinnamon on mine

seriously, why though?

Wrong board
I'm actually being serious btw, me and my boyfriend (we both have macs) go there all the time with apple stuff. Sup Forums can't appreciate beautiful fashion.

what's the deal with all that space around the keyboard? I avoid laptops so maybe that is normal?

I make 6 figures on a macook pro... Don't own another machine... don't need it.

I'm an avid hackathon goer, virtually everyone around me at a hackathon is using a mac. something something peer pressure and conformism

I try out macOS on my hackintoshed Thinkpad X220, I think it's not a half bad operating system but thanks to the shitty trackpad I can't do the gestures that I think are extremely useful

So I decided to go out and buy a mac

Everyone's freaking out about how much money I must have spent, let me tell you the specs first:

2014 MacBook Pro 15"
2.5 Ghz Core i7
16GB RAM
500GB SSD

I got this laptop in near perfect conditions with only 183 power cycles for:

a whopping $700

Thats right kiddos, I spent less on this than an XPS 13 Developers edition, Torvald's favorite laptop.

and so far I think it's a great laptop. Not happy the battery life is ~7 hours, but worst case scenario I sell this and get a 13" macbook pro which supposedly has up to 10 hour battery life.

To the left and right are speaker grills even though it has no speakers. The rest of the space has no better purpose.

wait what, that's definitely where the speakers are

So much anal pain in this thread.

Send from my iPhone.

Nice. It's solid hardware and excellent software. I'm sure it will work well for you.

Personally, I find that high-end laptops don't fit into my lifestyle. If I'm working on something (freelance software developer), I'm at my multi-monitor hackintosh. If I'm lounging around, I'm using an iPad. If I'm out and about, my phone is all I use. I've never felt the need to do the whole "laptop at Starbucks" thing.

I have however considered acquiring a used macbook as a backup machine. I need OSX for my work and I don't have anything else that can run it.

Did you install Gentoo already?
How's the keyboard faggot?

the keyboard only got shitty after the new macbook came out, old mbp keyboards are not bad

What did you do?
Learned how to use safari or what whatever internet browser?

8/10 cringe

>Friends

Where?

so where are your local hackathons?

it's funny that there are people on Sup Forums who think it's important to us that we know they did something different today, like switched operating systems or bought a laptop.

what about configuring a kernel

>cosmetic

>running unsupported software for work
Yea, you're the fucking moron.

That's a 2015.

no no no that's not important enough either, you have to write your own operating system and then maybe, just maybe you can post about it on Sup Forums

does "configuring" not give it away?

if you have a question, sure, but do you think /o/ has threads of people announcing that they've shifted their car seats and mirrors a bit?

>People don't actually do any work on laptops.
I do
>Le 6 figures on a cuckbook
No you don't, even graphic designers can't touch 100k without being part of a company and if you do video or music editing you're using a desktop not a latop

Yes.

you've never configured a kernel have you

Specs? I've got a 15" 2015 model, it's a great machine.

He's wrong, OP posted a 2015 model.

actually
>nsa listening device

Why? Just remote connect to a computer to do work.

I would much rather have my state on something that I don't carry around with me that could be stolen, broken, etc.

Far cheaper time wise.

>2014 MacBook Pro 15"
>2.5 Ghz Core i7
>16GB RAM
>500GB SSD

and I just found out it has the dedicated graphics card

Be careful...

You know what happened to the last guy that did this.

nice, mine's basically the exact same configuration. I don't think the R9 370X is really any faster than the GT 750M.

If that's anything over 2012, ya goofed

I actually didn't want the dedicated graphics card, I just found out I had it after buying it, but to have it means I can sell my desktop now which is sweet (I quit gaming)

I've heard some issues with the 370X failing which is troubling but I couldn't afford the 2015 which has the 370X, I'm happy enough I could find a 15" for $700 let alone getting one with a dedicated graphics card. Need to send a thank you note to the seller

:(

We're not your friends mactoddler.

who the fuck still buys a laptop? my phone does more than your waste of cash.

what's wrong with a dedicated graphics card those are great for hash cracking

>what's the deal with all that space around the keyboard?
Stickers more to your taste lad?

GOOFED

dang that's hot

This OP. Me and my boyfriend go to /fa/ and /lgbt/ to talk about our macs all the time.

Having issues with the integrated wifi but eh

Mac air + Debian + cinnamon master race reporting in.

>fruity toddler toy
>master race

You should really check out /fa/ and /lgbt/ fellow mac user. Me and my boyfriend go there almost every night.

if you were normal why are they called "gay rights" instead of just "human rights"?

Macbook Pro Late 2013, 16GB, 1 TB option is top of the line for entry price due to age. 2014, 2015 didn't upgrade much over top tier 2013 version. Can probably get one between 1300-1400 on ebay.

If I ever find the marketing executive that came up with the idea to

1) rice the machine with winblows and GPU stickers like a civic from fast and furious
2) make said stickers extremely hard to remove with some gum based residue

I will rip his ribcage open one by one.

>1300 for haslel
>in a cramped no-cooling overheating throttling piece of shit case no less

Mactoddlers will defend this.

Honestly. at 1300-1400 16GB, 1TB Late 2013 model is much better than the lower tier 2014-2015 model. Apple hasn't made any significant upgrades over the 2013 model and was the last true improvements they made.

I wouldn't waste my money on a 2015 over a spec'd out 2013. You save a lot more and get a lot more.

>No you don't, even graphic designers can't touch 100k without being part of a company and if you do video or music editing you're using a desktop not a latop

you realise a macbook/OSX makes fucking fantastic developer machine/os right?

I earn near 6 figures on a mac mini. I use it to browse the web, zsh/ssh/coreutils, edit source code (even using clang to build our shit locally so I have autocompletions), and run virtual machines. Nothing a macbook couldn't do perfectly well.

Of course any linux distro can do that perfectly well on pretty much any laptop, so you're really choosing the environment you prefer the most. People don't seem to understand that OS X is a perfectly functional developer's environment for some reason though.

I can buy an XP13 8GB, 128GB for ~1,000 with a student discount and black friday deals. Should I buy one to use for programming Sup Forums?

>phone

>no tbar
Back to being poor with you

>mactoddlers will defend paying 1300-1400 for haslel gt 750 macshit in 2016 rather than a real laptop
lmao

>t. mactoddler

if you say so. What do you use at work?

What is a real laptop?

I look at that and think about hardcore programming in vim while pounding the shit out of the keys. Feels so satisfying to work on an Air and do such gritty work.

>t. technology illiterate mactoddler

>I look at that and think about hardcore programming
>t. mactoddler

Touche. Kek

Awww

Great man! I like it! Glad you like it!

Im sure your new workhorse is way more stable than any gaming rig or self built pc, or other laptop these jealous haters have.
I think its cool though!
Thanks for the peek at it! Cheers!

try to do that and show me the results m8

I bet it's shite

gamergate in a nutshell

install solus

Prepare your anus OP for innovasun.

Animated.

youtu.be/a4hxQhC0KM8

Nah

This. My MacBook Air has a broken screen and the queers over at Apple want nearly 1/3 the cost of what I paid for it for a replacement screen.

Nice choice. You're going to love it. I grabbed this baby today.

OP IS A FAGGOT.

>donglebook
>throttles
>overheats
>$1300
>can't even watch youtube without catching fire

Mactoddlers will defend this.

That thing is actually $1700, for a dual core with shit battery life.

>mactoddler calling anyone else a faggot
topkek

I've had it for about 6 hours and it's been indexing and downloading/installing apps & data the whole time. The fans haven't even turned on and it has yet to lag or stutter once. Youtube works just fine and the touchbar scrubber lets me bypass unskippable ads. Stay mad, stay poor, stay jealous.

fite me m8

the dell logo is legit the worst thing about that laptop, visually

the keyboard backlight leak is making me puke

There's no need to lie on the internet.

how is your menu bar part transparent?

Why the fuck do you have what look like a gun on your desk? It's literally 2016, and you own a Mac so you must not be a poor ghetto nigger. Why do you own something that is responsible for the deaths of 30k+ Americans a year? This shit just boggles my mind.