My friend is convincing me to buy a PC instead of a console...

My friend is convincing me to buy a PC instead of a console. I thought I would need at least $1300 for a decent gaming PC but apparently I'm wrong. What's the lowest I can spend to build a gaming PC that runs games on high settings and what parts would I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

choosemypc.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> how much
Like $500, maybe $600

> What parts
Look into it. LogicalIncrements and Google are your friends.

>Look into it.
The whole point of this thread was to suggest things. I don't know anything about pc building.

Then learn. We're not here to hold your hand as you build babbys first computer. It's not hard. It's basically Lego.

Go to logicalincrements. Select your price range. That was easy.

this.

go to /r/buildapcforme/ if you're too lazy to be bothered to think

I am said friend OP mentioned.
You guys have to tell him the jewish secrets for getting the most performance out of the least cash.

No we don't.

You're an idiot if you think Sup Forums is EVER worth going to aside from the same reason you go to a zoo or a black neighborhood.

>or a black neighborhood.
You can get drugs from Sup Forums?

well yeah if you're resourceful enough.

I don't get the >$1000 idea console players have with gaming PCs. If you can buy a console for so cheap that at least plays the game at 30+fps, why would a PC that can play at 50-60fps magically be double/triple the fucking price?

The most you need to spend on a gaming PC is $800, and it will last you longer than any console will. Hell, there's a console-buster PC for $500 exactly.

You will definitely spend more than the $400 the PS4 Pro sells for. An entry level video card like the GTX1060 runs $240, the CPU will cost you $200, motherboard another $100, then all the other stuff that adds up quickly: case, power supply, RAM, CPU cooler.

In the end, the PC will look much better, but people who say that it costs "the same as a console" are really stretching the truth. One other huge advantage that consoles have is that online games have a much larger pool of players since there are more console gamers than PC gamers.

its all propaganda because console companies KNOW consoles are a dying gimmick so they have to discourage the goys from jumping off the sinking ship.

just get a console m8

Yeah man, console communities are great.
I love 12 year olds and college guidos.
How about that new COD man?

Kek

choosemypc.net

You make savings on the games and the pc can be used for things other than media consumption.

>I thought I would need at least $1300 for a decent gaming PC but apparently I'm wrong

You can kill niggers on Sup Forums?