Manjaro Linux

Downloading Manjaro XFCE right now.

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Manjaro?

The only thing that matters is the logo

hey ya'll

The best way to access the AUR

yes

stop the download (manjaro is kinda modified arch, uses own repos that lag behind of official ones...)

go for antergos instead.. all the nice gui install and initial setup, and then arch

Decent distro.
Arch without the autism, shitty DE though.

is it pronounced manjaro or manjaro

It's a piece of shit just like Antergos and other Arch Clones. Why? Because Arch is a half-baked buggy piece of shit.

Use Debian based distros to save yourself years of therapy.

I think it's pronounced like Manjaro.

When I first was learning about linux I did it through Manjaro. I liked it paired with XFCE and it felt pretty snappy. The AUR was nice too.

But I wanted something more mainstream and easier out of the box, so now I just run ubuntu and its different flavours. (I'm lazy sorry.)

Debian is a shit desktop distro. ffmpeg is outdated as shit.

Using manjaro xfce since a few months. The only things I had to do is adding tearfree to the intel driver config and making a lib symlink because qbittorrent devs are retarded.
Archwiki is the best around and works perfectly with Manjaro.
Manjaro is fast, stable and up to date. You can even use AUR. The installer doesn't fuck up your efi like anaconda.
Never tried Arch or Antergos

Tried Antergos and was disgusted by the bloat.

What bloat ? In Manjaro there are steam and flash, both of which you can remove. Like any distro you can remove anything you want as long as its not a graphic driver or a core xfce componant.
Why would you remove some 100kib unused files anyways ? You can list and disable unused services with systemDicks

manwhoro

>I'm lazy sorry
No, You're practical.
>Use Debian based distros to save yourself years of therapy
THIS.>ffmpeg is outdated as shit.
How is this important?

i have >2600 packages installed started with 2300 using Mint. computer doesn't use any more ram than other people in screenfetch threads and boots and runs very fast. Why are you guys so afraid of packages? What's the big deal?

Because you want the most minimal install. It's disgusting when these distros come out with 2000+ package installs.

and why would i want that? how does that affect my system (except disk storage)?

How long do your system updates take

Less of what you don't want, and a more stable low resource environment.

Manjaro's Cinnamon is one of the worse looking DE's.

Other than the border theme looks good to me.

Opinion seems to be split between 'it's good and provides a nice selection of default programs' and 'muh arch way'

just got home from work, 2600 packages and still pretty low ram use (cinnamon is greedy)

>how long do your updates take
not long at all. i know i have mint but i do install all the available updates not just the default "safe" updates, but every ubuntu update

Used it for a year. Like it very much. Compton and a config file i found on github will get rid of tearing. The ability to install gpu drivers from the install is a bonus. Tried over a dozen distros, and this one just werked and "clicked" with me.

Muh manjaro install uses 384 on idle.

Manjaro also has a minimal net install if you want to pick which packages are on your system.

i am not smart enough to know which packages i want or need desu. Do you use cinnamon de? it seems to use around 300mb by itself when i'm doing nothing.

most of what i do on this laptop is shitposting, which brings me into the 1.2 gb used range

the most intensive thing I do on this laptop is play LoL and even running all that shit I don't even use half my RAM

>Use Debian based distros to save yourself years of therapy.

How? debian based distros are shit, and debian itself, as much as I hurts me to say, has been preety shitty lately, specially on fresh installs.

Solus is better

>Tried Antergos.
>Installer downloads everything at install time
I'd much rather have the image just be bigger. Back to the trash with you.

This was about two years ago:
>Download Manjaro
>Install
>Want to install updates, use default settings
>packet-manager gives weird error messages
>google the message, find nothing that helps
>Install Debian
>everything instantly works

Yeah, fuck Manjaro.

>modified arch is bad
How?
>repos lag behind
Yeah.. Adds a small layer of stability where Arch user base acts as testers. Everyone knows what you get here
>shitting on XFCE
You w0t m8?

used it for a while. ran into several issues.
>autosleep on all USB devices by default
>even more broken updates than arch
>expired certificates breaking pacman
>outdated repos

basically it's to arch what mint is to ubuntu

>You w0t m8?
>Deprecated weather API
>Can't handle certain glyphs
>Mouse pointer "disappear" when some application go full screen
The only thing going for XFCE is low foot print and whisker menu.

>download Manjaro
>install
>everything but shitty wifi card werks, need to install a patch
>download opensuse
>install
>downlad ubuntu
>install
>download Arch
>install