1:1 Monitors are for plebs

1:1 Monitors are for plebs

convince me otherwise

they terrible for videos and games

why do we need to convince you of anything?

vertical space is important.

You are just jealous because you can't afford one

why not rotate a normal monitor...?

looks comfy

I'm unironically interested in this

get a normal one, spin it around

lotsa vertical space

I like 3:2 better

Quality thread op.

seriously. this. if you want landscape, you get landscape. if you want vertical space, you get that. a square monitor seems to make the decision for you to try to accommodate everyone and in doing so accommodate nobody.

then you lose horizontal space.

3:2 master race

Could you recommend a good 3:2 monitor?

you should off yourself in your sad little corner

if you want to emphasize horizontal space, then don't rotate. if you want vertical space more, then do rotate it.

it sounds like your counter-argument would just be to get a larger square monitor, but that's obviously not going to happen. i like having a display that's a little over 20" tall. that's a 24" monitor in portrait orientation.

i also like high pixel densities, but let's get to that later. what do you have that would be about 20 inches tall standing on my desk?

>t. cuck that fell for the ultrawide meme
enjoy your uselss shit.

These images always fuck me up. They don't look square at all, but rectangular, with the width being less than the height.

ultrawides are stupid, but being you and having same resolution as ancient crts is a valid reason to kill yourself my good friend

3:2 vertical is the best tbfh

Then go 16:10
Its the Golden Ratio

1280x1280 was the best resolution ever on CRT.

Fucking faggots ruined it with 1366x768 and 1440x900 bullshit.

>Implying you could afford one

4:3 monitors are the best of course, I have a 5:4 monitor and I don't like it as much as 4:3

>These images always fuck me up. They don't look square at all, but rectangular, with the width being less than the height.
Me too, but I checked it in a photo editing program and it is indeed square... what the fuck?

I would love to have a monitor of that shape but only as a secondary monitor.

>same resolution as ancient crts
aspect ratio, not resolution...

nope

people itt don't get that a big ass 1:1 monitor can display whatever widescreen shit they like

i have a 16:9 monitor but view webpages in squares for instance, learn how to use your GUI you ding dongs

Probably some effect where the eye puts it into relation with your own screen, which is wider, so it appears smaller in horizontal direction.

Why does the webpage look the same on both monitors when one is taller?

Because of mad photoshop skills.
Anyway, this 1:1 square actually can give more monitor space, since it has more pixels, but that fact doesn't matter, since as the price for this monitors are very high for most of the users.

Name me 19" which is rotatable to portrait 3:2 or 16:10

>games

>don't look square at all, but rectangular,
Squares are rectangles.

>sour grapes