Sup Forums I just need a quick question answered if you're so kind...

Sup Forums I just need a quick question answered if you're so kind. I just built a new pc with everything brand new besides the ram and hdd. When I hit the power button, the fans and led's and everything turns on, then it shuts off, then it starts. I can't find anything anywhere else about it.

>I can't find anything anywhere else about it.
kys, most common problem and is everywhere

what is it then?

> Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site

>kys

Make sure every cable is properly connected to the mobo, if one is loose this will happen.

If that doesn't work try reseating all the components on your mobo. Start with the the RAM cus thats the most common offender, then GFX card, then CPU etc

CMOS reset ought to work

Possibly faulty power supply

reseat everything.
Did your remember the 4/8 pin cpu power cable?

Try this first then try the above, your mobo might have a button on it which clears the CMOS, otherwise take the battery out for 5 mins.

install gentoo

Everything is seated, double checked.
I'll try this, my mobo came with a cmos reset button
I just got a new psu, and it booted normally the first 2 boots then it does this everytime.

Could still be a faulty power supply.
Is it a reliable brand?
Did it come with a warranty?
Are you certain it's got enough power draw for your system?

First thing's first, reseat everything
second, check power supply, jump that bitch with some fans plugged into it, and see if it keeps going
third, most likely motherboard is the issue at this point, as even when I could not get one to post a while ago, shit still happens on screen.

beyond here is where i can't help.

>OP doesn't come back
Did his PC explode?

Here are my specs:
Gigabyte 990fx G1 Gaming rev 1.0
2x8gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3
Gigabyte rx480 8gb
Amd fx9590 4.7ghz
Corsair h100i v2
Corsair cx850m psu

The psu does have warranty and as far as I know it is a reliable brand. I just swapped it out for a dead thermaltake.

That sounds like a psu problem if it only powers on for a moment then shuts down.

It powers on, powers off for one second, then everything runs great. Do I just need a better psu?

It's likely the psu but it could also be the grounding screw mounts for the mainboard. OP remove your motherboard from the case and try to post just the mainboard (and graphics if you need it).

Putting my vote in for 8 pin to the cpu not tight enough

You mean the standoffs? If it was shorting out wouldn't it just not boot at all then?
Checked that, its good.

This

Happened to me and reseating all of my shit fixed the issue

Corsair CX power supplies are failure prone, and iirc are only rated to deliver full power at low temperatures. I had a Corsair CX unit crap out on me too. I'd get power for a half-second, then dead. Swapped PSU and successfully booted.

I had this exact same problem when I found out the RAM was not properly inserted.

Remove both RAM sticks then reinstall them, making sure the locking clip clicks in place and that the RAM is flush with the slot.

We i had a issues a long time ago where the mainboard would power cycle with all the standoff screws being metal.

I telling you to eliminate the possibilities. Psu is likely the cause. The other cause could be a board issue. Remove it from the case to see of you can get the system to post.

Is your psu new or old btw? Newegg is selling evga 700w PSUs around $55.

I have insulators on all the screws besides one, I'll trying removing it.

I had something similar
In my case, I had to change some power settings in the bios
specifically, I messed around with some fan settings and voila

You also don't what to many insulators. Newer (haswell+) boards it doesn't matter much. Try to post user. If not remove bios battery.

Try booting with everything disconnected except CPU and MB. If it boots is probs PSU. Also try removing the gpu and using a different card. Sometimes a unsupported gpu can cause boot issues.