Fedora 25 or Ubuntu 16.10?

So Fedora 25 is out and Ubuntu 16.10 has been out for a month or so now. Which does Sup Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11716102
ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/65546/is-it-safe-to-use-fedy-postinstalerf-or-third-party-helpers/
extensions.gnome.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

solus

Gentoo

strawpoll.me/11716102

1 Vote for Fedora

Lol bugger off

arch

From my experience Fedora has always been more stable and you get more fedora tips if you use it over Ubuntu, but not as much as you would if you were using Arch.

Fedy makes the annoying, trivial setup easier but drivers are still a pain to install when compared to Ubuntu. If you still don't want to deal with all of that then there's Korora and Chapeau which are to Fedora what Linux Mint is to Ubuntu. All the dirty work is done for you.

Reminder that new Fedora releases are pointless until rpmfusion catches up.

Reminder that Fedora is garbage anyway.

Reminder that loads of delusional nerds come out of the woodwork to claim it isn't garbage every time a new release hits.

Reminder that OP is a fag.

fedy shouldnt be used as it install a system wide root bypass function

>rpmfusion

What else is there?

Really? The code is all in the open though, isn't it? I should browse through it.

Either way, SELinux should protect me.

I know of UnitedRPMs that makes a point of supporting even the Fedora betas. I don't think it has as many packages as RPMFusion but it covers the basics.

yeah they dont try and hide it but it uses a root bypass to batch install but obviously that can then be used for bad.

>kevinposting

ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/65546/is-it-safe-to-use-fedy-postinstalerf-or-third-party-helpers/

Ubuntu simply because of Compiz. It feels polished and works well with full screen games.

Sabayon

All Hail Arch + KDE Plasma.

KDE does not offer minimal install with selected software. Everything with a 'K' and a cluster fuck of options and menus, it is annoying to use.

Boohoo.
Too much effort to use a built-in GUI to uncheck the shit you dont want.

i want that background

Its bloat. Unwanted unnecessary bloat. It has a KDE menu, a Windows 8 menu, Windows 7 Style menu. Why?

Changing simple color of theme, I need to study variables and each little portion of taskbar has to be modified differently. For fucks sake moving icons inside the taskbar made me want to kill myself as the entire row of icons would drag along.

Unity you can pretty much tweak everything but click and drag or through tweak tool without hassle.

No, its a Klusterfuck

You have to install at least 4 extra settings managers to get the same customization as KDE, You can download and install themes STRAIGHT FROM THE SETTINGS, and moving is a drag and drop or settings window.
And you want to tell me customization is a pain in the ass? I have had to do all sorts of shit just to get unity even close to kde. What took me 6 goddamn hours of installing, tweaking, and retweaking took me 30 mins in KDE.
I have lived through that shit and I am not going back.

Kali

RHEL faggot.

Buy it and get the best logo ever on your taskbar.

Unless you're a poorfag.

In which case, download CENTOS like a faggot.

always fedora :^)

Looks fucking nice these days. Is that interface the default?

This user gets it.
Gentoo + openrc + xfce is the goat option.

no, but it's pretty easy to configure it like this, took me about maybe 5 minutes to all of this.

Did you have to download anything?

Turd or shit?
Not a very good choice

yes
gnome-tweak-tool
moka icon
extensions from extensions.gnome.org/
(i would just get dash to dock and dynamic panel transparency)
then you'd have something like this

arch

Does one of them finally support multitouchgestures for touchpad? It's 2016 guys...

Yes, at least Arch + KDE does.

This.

you mind sharing some details on your extensions and any other tweaks (that are not listed in the screenfetch)?

Sorry, I meant for productive usage

kys

caffeine
clipboard indicator
dash to dock
dynamic panel transparency
gno-menu
netspeed
openweather
panel osd
places status indicator
pomodoro
removable drive menu
remove drop down arrows
scroll panel
todo.txt
top icons plus
user themes
volume mixer

nice, thank you! how are you finding f25? im thinking of installing it now

What do you have to do to get these fancy system informations?

Not him but it's pretty much the same as 24 for the most part. No big new features.

Don't get fedora, Red Hat cooperates with the NSA.

i wish to know more

hi its me
I like Fedora 25, there's some things that are new, like for example now Wayland is default and now we have GNOME 3.22, to be honest not that much changed but apparently a lot of people are liking it, so I installed it

Neither. 16.04 LTS.

Are you a developer? No?

Then fucking use god damn mother fucking ubuntu like the god damned normalshit you are and stop fucking pretending otherwise.

but i need to have relro binaries and selinux because reasons

16.04 unless you're an absolute nigger

I've noticed a few things since F2 + r doesn't restart GNOME under Wayland. This makes installing some extensions a bit annoying since I have to log out and log back in to restart GNOME.

There's constant screen flickering when running GNOME under Wayland in Boxes that makes it unusable, I don't know about other hypervisors.

The bump to GNOME 3.22 gives dconf-editor a new interface that's more pretty than functional. I don't know who thought this was a good idea. Clicking the app icon also carries you back for some reason, going against the standard function found in other GNOME apps.

I don't know if it's placebo or not but GNOME runs smoother. Most noticeably, the app grid animation doesn't lag anymore for me.

Is Ubuntu still a botnet?

just installed ubuntu with gnome, pretty comfy

Fedora 25 because newer packages, SELinux, and DNF which is WAYYYY better than apt.

For at home, Fedora. Ubuntu for my work. VMware craps out on Fedora. It doesn't remain as stable as it would on aubantoo

i actually use xorg right now because redshift doesn't work under wayland and i just really need redshift, and yeah also f2 + r doesn't work in wayland either

also, is it just me or does gnome-software get stuck on "Pending..." or "Installing: 5%"? I've been forced to use the terminal because I've never gotten a single program to install using gnome-software, but it's probably me anyways

gentoo

This.

Non LTS versions of Ubuntu are shit

he is right.
if you are gonna use fedora install a older version or check compatibility