All I want for Christmas is a GTX 1070 (can't afford a 1080)

All I want for Christmas is a GTX 1070 (can't afford a 1080).

But I'm far from an expert on the actual manufacturers. Should I go with Gigabyte, MSI, or EVGA? Or is there another manufacturer I should look into? My current GPU (GTX 760) is an EVGA, but I've heard EVGA cards tend to have heat issues.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gainward_gtx1070_gtx1080_glh_phoenix_review/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't use Google and read blogs and reviews, so I demand that user tell me how to make shitty choices

I would go for the EVGA. Ignore all the overheating troll posts you may see.

I can use google to read blogs and reviews, and I have.

I just trust my fellow autists on this japanese imageboard more than any certified reviewer

my current card (770) is an EVGA and it's overheated maybe 2 or 3 times in the 2+ years I've had it, so I figured the overheating rumors about EVGA might be bullshit. I wasn't sure if they were pertaining to only the newer cards, though

no there were some that had faults. Only a certain run of them. I know a few friends who have them and theirs have no issues.
I run 2x1080s personally but the 1070s are superb

EVGA literally lights on fire, Fermi 2: Nvidia's Revenge style. Anything else is fine desu. Gigabyte is doing 2 fans this gen to reduce cost last I saw. Unwise given the thermals but it doesn't matter that much.

Gainward/Palit is among the top tier brands out there when it comes to cooling,noise and performance.
Go with that if it's available.
Here's a review of both 1070 and 1080.

overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gainward_gtx1070_gtx1080_glh_phoenix_review/1

Those are a load of bollocks. Sure if you dont set the fans up on afterburner and play some insanely heavy game they will ramp up to that.
Mine under load on FE dont go over 78

>Gigabyte is doing 2 fans this gen
Not on 1070/1080

No vrm cooling is not okay
You can't monitor the vrm temperature and that's why they explode

And how many have exploded? I know 4 people with the EVGA 1070 and not 1 has blown up.
Oh and they threw a patch out for a fix so theyre fine. Those autistic enough to still be scared got offered free new thermal pads.

>sample size: 4

So yeah not hundreds or thousands of exploding gpus then.
A few. That in comparison to the amount produced is so slight.
And now theyre fixed why not buy them now?

Alright, maybe only 1 in 5 overheats and burns then.

>some EVGA cards explode
>other brands do not explode at all
Elementary logic should tell you to buy models that don't explode at all, especially since the EVGA cards aren't actually that exceptional at all. They don't OC much better than the rest, aren't quieter, aren't really cooler.

Why buy a product that has had severe issues and was supposedly "fixed" when you can buy something that's just as good and also has a completely clean track record regarding reliability?

Except they're not all 'fixed'. Do you really expect every shop and vendor to send all of their stock back/ apply the VRM thermal pads themselves?

Amen.

get the cheapest 1070, that know not going to explode.(EVGA)

Actually just came from a GTX 760 FTW 4GB and went with the Asus GTX 1070 Strix as it doesn't have cooling issues as the current EVGA ones do and they were totally out of Zotac cards. It is night and day difference and an excellent card. I got mine for 380 after MIR on Sunday and am going back to MC for the Watch Dogs 2 code.

You won't regret it at all, I've got GTA V running well over 100 FPS on Ultra @ 1080p currently as I'm waiting on the right 1440p deal.

Pic related

Get Zotac faggot.

shud be playing battlefield 1 already ,gta V is old as fuck xD

Will be soon. Looking at the Origin sale atm.

You should get the EVGA 1070 FTW and run furmark for an hour just to get a feel of that very good and quality product that will absolutely not explode. Promisse.

I'm also looking to get a GTX 1070 and I want to make sure my mobo is compatible, what do I cross reference to make sure? PC part picker says it's compatible but I don't know if that site is accurate.

Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

I also upgraded from a 770 to a 1070, world of difference, highly reccomended. Had an i5 4670K and haven't noticed any bottlenecking issues

That's the XTREME GAMING EDITION the regular wind force and wind force OC have two fans

>sent out a patch for the fix
>just download some heatsinks

Dude EVGA is nothing special why are you pushing this
They are inadequately cooled and EVGA has recognized their mistake and publicly announced that they will fix their mistake
Meanwhile the cheaper options never exploded, but that's not cool enough for you?

>Nvidia
Wew lad

Stop shilling