Need some input, this is my 3rd RMA with this fucking pos. I want to dump it once I get it back and never buy MSI again

Need some input, this is my 3rd RMA with this fucking pos. I want to dump it once I get it back and never buy MSI again.

Anyway long story short, the laptop stopped accepting power from the PS but everything else works fine and was running normal till the battery finally ran out of juice.

Sent it into MSI for RMA and got word back the MB needs replaced. (of fucking course it does) spent 2 days trying to get a legitimate answer as to why the old one cant be fixed and why it needs a new one. Best answer "there were burns and it smelled strongly of burn". So I said wtf ever go through the $330 RMA, BUT I want MY broken MB returned to me with the fixed laptop. I was told they would not return MY broken MB.

Is it fucking normal for these cunts or even any high end gaming laptop manufacturer to not give you a straight answer why and deny returning your own property? If the MB is beyond repair what would they want it for? My assumption would be to fix it and give it to the next joe blow.

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/corecharge
genuinegmparts.com/for-professionals/core-return-program
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154262&cm_re=stealth_pro-_-34-154-262-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is it fucking normal for these cunts or even any high end gaming laptop manufacturer to not give you a straight answer why and deny returning your own property? If the MB is beyond repair what would they want it for? My
Its called a core, and because they will send it off to someone to be repaired and put back in another laptop which has been RMA'd. Similar things are done with auto parts? Want a new alternator from AutoZone (or wherever) you put down a core charge and get it back when you give them your bad alternator.

Idk what car shop youve dealt with, but every thing at our cadillac is taken to the scrap yard. There is no "core" unless youre thinking of batteries which are taken and torn down and melted to be reused.

>car shop
all major auto parts stores do this shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/corecharge

even manufacturers including GM which includes cadilac
genuinegmparts.com/for-professionals/core-return-program

Bruh i fucking work at cadillac the only things we "return" is recall items or warranty items. For repairs out of pocket its thrown away. I cant tell you how much shit is thrown away thats salvagable but we arent allowed too.

>GM has a official core return program
>Its GMs fault im too retarded to get my core charge back

I find it impossible to believe that you dont salvage the metal bits.
Have a 96 caddi, why dont they make the backfire pressure relief valve anymore???

Its trash and its not their property. We put it on a trailer and every couple weeks take it to the metal scrap yard and use that money for food for the employees.

>Youre fucking stupid

What do I do about my leaky valve?
Worked at a freightliner dealership. We had to saw off the ends of ac hoses they were so anal about scrap metal.

You fix it.

They don't make them anymore. Its on the end of intake. Makes my engine idle super high.

GM probably doesnt but there is plenty of used/second hand parts you could find to fix it with. 90s cadillacs are popular.

>He bought a gaming laptop
>And he got it from MSI
We fucking told you so. MSI are awful. They have terrible cooling, horrendous build quality and the customer service is somehow worse than both. Get a refund if you can, go spend it on something useful, like a paperweight.

I got it 4 years ago, everyone said they were good at the time and there werent very many decent gaming laptops then. I figured since msi was bigger company it would be better to buy from them. That was a mistake.

>there werent very many decent gaming laptops then
There never have been and there never will be. The concept is fundamentally flawed. You're trying to cram a load of components that spit out a fuckton of heat into a small area, it just isn't a good idea.

I'm impressed that it lasted four years, usually they're dead by the third, regardless of manufacturer.

How came nearly every time I read a negative about MSI it's some normi wit ha gaymen laptop?

Because MSI don't make ordinary laptops and their gaymen laptops are relatively popular.

It's a fucking gaming laptop. What did you expect?

I'm I was just giving you an explanation as to why MSI are the ones being complained about.

Even as far as gaymen laptops go, MSI are exceptionally shitty. Almost as bad as Lenovo.

>laptop
>gaming laptop
>personal blog
>on Sup Forums

That is because GM isn't in the business of refurbishing parts.

>Apple sucks guys
>ignore the fact that if you have a problem you can call up a real American who speaks English and get everything 100% replaced for free, sometimes even if it's out of warranty as long as you're polite
>muh gaymen laptop

>shilling for apple
>in 2016
GET THE FUCK OUT PAJEET

Didn't know Lenovo made gaming laptops. Gaming laptops have always been expensive toys.

try rockauto.com, that's where I buy auto parts

Sager is the go-to if you want a powerful laptop.
Not sure why you would need one if you're not underage, though.

you've got the meme backward, on purpose I assume

Rockauto just sells chink garbage. OEM or nothing.

They carry OEM in addition to chink garbage and everything in between most of the time

You are the meme, Pajeet.

MODS!

I have not once seen OEM parts on Rockauto.

Well do you even know who the OEM is for your parts...?
>no
ok then

Yes, I do. Faggot.

>I checked rockauto once and didn't see any OEM parts
>I'm 19 and I've owned 1 car for 3 months
>I'm 31 and my wife thinks it's manly when I change the spark plugs
you're faggot No.57652970 who cares more about being right in an internet argument on Sup Forums than having a discussion in good faith and coming to an objectively true conclusion

I don't give a single shit about you or your experience and neither does anyone else ITT

If they give you a new motherboard, that becomes your property and the old one ceases to be yours. Warranty doesn't mean that you get more property if yours breaks, it means you are entitled to a functioning product as promised or guaranteed by the seller and manufacturer.

I think it's pretty obvious why you don't get the old one back: That can be used for spare parts. Usually broken motherboards are sold in bulk to third party shops who then repair them and sell them on in a different market. Some of them they manage to refurbish and sell on.

No shit. The other guy was saying they do.

But this deal holy shit how can I say no

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154262&cm_re=stealth_pro-_-34-154-262-_-Product

No one cares you salty lil nigga. You don't know shit and you don't know me.

You get perfectly good build quality with Alienware though b/c Dell looks after all of that shit

>No shit.
So then why are you acting like cores don't exist?

Its out of warranty. Im paying for a new mb. That does not mean i give up rights to my old board just because i buy a new board. Thats like saying if i buy a new car i have to give up my old car.

This thread is actually useful information compared to the phajeet jokes and desktop threads, at least for me.

And don't expect Sup Forums to allow this type of thread in their hole.

They still suffer from the problems mentioned in And that's only getting worse with time, nvidia have been slowly pushing the TDP up for every new generation of laptop GPUs. The laptop 1060 now has a TDP pretty close to the 780m. That's fucking insane for a so-called mid range card.

The only gaming laptops that have adequate cooling are monsters like the asus ROG shit and that's a desktop with a fucking huge battery. At that point you might as well build an ITX PC and drag a monitor with you everywhere.

So does anyone have input on this at all? Maybe similar experience? Doesn't make much sense to me that they can't repair the MB when they make motherboards themselves. What happens when those break? Do they just always fucking replace MBs in RMAs?

Alienware use MSI motherboard though

Prove it

Alienware is unecessary expensive for lower end hardware. They are like apple.

Google

Nah

bump

Also anyone know about aorus? I know they are supposedly part of gigabyte. Gigabyte seems pretty reputable more so than msi

For this one week they are selling the ayy lmao new shit at least $200 off each