TFW need to buy new LCD cable for my laptop and this is literally the only listing

>TFW need to buy new LCD cable for my laptop and this is literally the only listing

why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03253774-1.pdf
aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Original-Laptop-Replacement-LCD-Cable-for-HP-EliteBook-8460P-8460W-version-1-6017B0290701/32663316712.html
mattlestock.com/2012/11/upgrade-hp-elitebook-8460p-screen/
aliexpress.com/item/8460P-lcd-cable-6017B0290601-8460p/922591430.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seriously, what an idiot, he should know by now you have to setup a second account totally not connected to the first and list the same item for $5 less.

That's how you get 'em. Give em two choices, of course they'll pick the cheaper one, but either way you fuck em.

A guy yesterday was telling me about some other part number and said it was compatible but I literally couldn't find anything mentioning it in any service manual

idk what 2 do now

>Make offer
Do it.
To defeat the merchant one has to become the merchant.

You made this same thread on /biz/ yesterday.

Get a thinkpad, one LCD cable for every screen and they use the same cable for 2-3 models.

Yeah I did but i tried to search the part number the guy (idk if it was you) said for ages and I couldn't find ANYTHING

How can i be sure it will work when I can't find anything about it in a service manual or any forums

You can only be sure your laptop or anything to do with it will work if you buy from Apple :^)

He said
>part numbers for the hd+ lvds cable are fucked, look for 6017B0343701

And the only thing I could find is that it's for 8470p. He said it was interchangeable but I couldn't find anything to support that whatsoever

No one really cares, buy it and figure it out on your own, or buy a new laptop or just shut the fuck up.

This is an HP right? They have service manuals. Do you have the 8460p?

h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03253774-1.pdf

They refer to it under "Display Cable" since this cable has a webcam on all models, they only have entries for "Webcam Cable" which means the webcam part of the cable is run along the same cable for the LCD.

Page 45, starting at part number 642789-001

>7 watching
>7 available
>make lowball offer
Oh goy

Yep, but I got the HD+ 1600x900 panel. it uses a different LCD cable. That's my whole dilemma here.

I know. Read that manual, it specifically mentions different cables for different resolutions. If you have the 8470 whatever, look up that manual instead. I got there by googling "HP elitebook (model) service manual". don't go to mygaymanualsite.com, only do *.hp.com

Yes and when I search it only gives me that rare cuck cable in op pic.

But yesterday somene was saying you can use the 8470p one which I couldn't find a thing about...

Bump

Help!

Dude, shut the fuck up. Buy the cable and try it, get the original panel and cable, or get a new laptop

What resolution do you have? Find out the model of your LCD (not the HP number, the actual LCD model) and look for a PDF datasheet. That will tell you the type of connector you need and how many pins it is. If you're lucky you may find that the same display (and cable) are used in other models.

first rule of pricing: don't charge what it's worth, charge what people will pay

>What resolution do you have?

1600x900 HD+ panel, LP140WD2, can't rly find anything on it though connector wise

What about the letts that come after it? (TL) (B1) etc.

(TL) (D2)

Right, so you're really looking for a 40-pin LVDS cable (some versions of this panel are eDP, thats why i asked), check if this one matches:

aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Original-Laptop-Replacement-LCD-Cable-for-HP-EliteBook-8460P-8460W-version-1-6017B0290701/32663316712.html

doesn't seem to be the HD+ though

It's an LVDS cable... The resolution is determined by the LCD controller that's embedded in the laptop's motherboard, not the cable. As long as the connectors and pinout match, you're good to go.

Btw are you 100% it's the cable that's faulty?

Also have you tested the current cable with a multimeter?

>Btw are you 100% it's the cable that's faulty?

Yes. When I connected it had green lines/tint and eveywhere on the internet says you need a different LCD cable for HD+ panels.

>It's an LVDS cable... The resolution is determined by the LCD controller that's embedded in the laptop's motherboard, not the cable. As long as the connectors and pinout match, you're good to go.

It says everywhere it's a different cable tho

Source?

mattlestock.com/2012/11/upgrade-hp-elitebook-8460p-screen/

Damn you're right, it looks like they use the same connectors but the pinout is different. Try this one then:

aliexpress.com/item/8460P-lcd-cable-6017B0290601-8460p/922591430.html

15$, but it should be the right one.

>delivery time
>39-59 days

Beggars can't be choosers...

And so? None of that matters.

>looked up the service manual for the hd+ panel part no, and searched that instead of searching for the cable p/n

>usually sellers are pretty retarded about using the actual part numbers and the ones that do jack up the price

>just send the guy a message asking for the exact p/n

>part numbers for the hd+ lvds cable are fucked, look for 6017B0343701

what did he mean by this? I wish he was still here so i could clarify.

>$35.99 buy it now
>offer $30
>the seller has declined your offer. he has also sent you a new offer:
>$34,99

The cable has different part numbers depending on who's numbering system it is. HP's part number is "642793-001" for their catalogue, but the part number from the chinese company that actually manufactured the cable is different. In this case that would be "6017B0290601" as i listed here 6017B0343701 is meant for the 8470p (has a 701 instead of a 601 at the end). It may be compatible with the 8460p but i can't confirm. It doesn't look like the connector matches on the motherboard's side so i doubt it.

>6017B0343701 is meant for the 8470p (has a 701 instead of a 601 at the end). It may be compatible with the 8460p but i can't confirm. It doesn't look like the connector matches on the motherboard's side so i doubt it.

That's not what he said though... damn

Otherwise i'm fucked

Have you tried installing the new panel anyway?

Might be lucky and have it work without the HD+ LVDS cable.

yeah. it has green lines/tint

Judge for yourself. If you ordered the '701 see if you can cancel the order because the dude obviously didn't look hard enough.

pic on the left is the mobo connector

pic on the right is the lcd connector

hmm true

Fuck man why did i get the hd+ panel... Don't really want to pay $50 for OP pic cable

No man, here's the whole thing (701). That's the motherboard connector.

Just pay the 15$ and wait a month... You'll survive with green lines for a month.

it's for my mom tho... Kind of need it done sooner rather than later

You could peel back the cable (it's mostly condctive sticky-cloth-tape) and inspect the small wires inside for pinching. Usually it happens where the hinge closes which is a common failure point for LCD cables. If you find any, isolate the individual wires with electrical tape, then put the whole thing back together. Not an ideal fix but probably good enough to hold it for a few months.

it won't work familia

the cable isn't compatible and the connector part is kind of loose too. Fk this i'm just going to tell her to take it to some repair shop or something

going to let someone else deal with it, fuck this i tried

this isnt fucking right

Because fucktards like you are willing to pay to keep using outdated shit.

you're a cancer on the world if you think repairing otherwise functional technology is worse than buying something brand new.

don't reproduce, for the betterment of society.

heaven forfend, someone is trying to make money???

Kill yourself, shit for brains.

Tfw you volunteer to fix something for someone and and it turns out to be a more difficult fox than you originally thought and now you are the one to blame for the thing being broken...

Try explaining that it will take awhile for the part to arrive, a repair shop will probably just charge you >36$ anyway.

This dude...

Awkward as hell. I originally just thought "ok should be easy fix no problemo".

Whatever I'm done with it. Someone else will deal with its repair.

Note to self: remember the wisdom posted on Sup Forums before - never help anyone unless it benefits you financially

Decline his offer and counter off 30.99

Actually that's kind of a wrong advice. A fix may look like a quick buck, but sometimes the cost of it goes up unexpectedly and you then have to explain why you asked for 50$ but then ended up needing 80$... The best advice would be "give no guarantees":

"I'll take a look at it but i will not guarantee that it will work or that it would be cheap, this is just me assessing the situation".

True, but more precisely it's better to never take anything on for free: it's a lose-lose situation.

Best outcome: you spent your time fixing something (lost money in opportunity cost depending on how much your time is worth ) for no compensation

Worst outcome: you fuck up and either mess it up, make it cost a lot more than "quoted" or can't do it, in which case you lost respect in that person's eyes

Well if it works they "owe" you so you could call them out on a favour at a later date. Your milage may vary.