Are we living in a simulation ?

are we living in a simulation ?

It's really inconclusive.

I subscribe to the idea that, as long as we don't find the end of pi/run out of memory in some way, we can't be in a simulation.

spawn me a waifu

Haven't you seen the Matrix BRUH.

We are spiritual beings having a human experience and we will ascend one day soon enough.

The same mechanism which is responsible for rendering dreams renders so called reality, except it's based on the information the senses provide.

Memory for the simulation was allocated in the minute our universe was started.
All matter/energy is constant in the universe, how we arrange it is pointless to the superior beings.

The real scary thing is: what if universe simulations are real common in the superior world and we're just the toy of some fat uber-neet?

would it matter?

Fuck, bro. Really makes you think.

There is no way to know this.

Even if we are, so what? It's not like there's something you can do.

A virus contained in a VM can't do shit to the base system. If you convinced the whole world that we are, it wouldn't really change anything.

Not like we have any way to reach our creators.

We'd never be able to run out of memory trying to calculate Pi, though.

Given a proper, decently coded simulation, there is no such thing as variable types.
Everything is just dynamic memory.

This can be done in most programming languages now. Even compiled ones by setting up a cache in RAM for said storage, and you reference those locations for the data, basically creating a virtual filesystem for it.

The universe itself is already larger than the limits that we have in calculating Pi.
To calculate the actual truest and most accurate and END to Pi would be to re-arrange every quanta of energy in the universe in to a system that represents base10 more efficiently.
But in doing so, you'd need to kill everything in existence.

Of course, if Earth is just a simulation, it changes things.
Getting outside of Earth and exploring the universe would push memory fast.
Sort of like that hack in Minecraft that let people fly at crazy speeds and basically resulted in 2b2ts map size being measured in terabytes now. (if not, triple digit GB, I forget which, not checked in a while)
But the operators of said simulation could prevent us from exploring too fast (lightspeed), so they could always buy new storage space as we expand through the universe over time.
Simulations don't need to simulate things not being looked at, which also helps. We only need to load resources around lifeforms.

To find this out, simply start driving in some random direction, they won't have anticipated that since nobody ever does it and all people/information outside the area where the simulation ends are just made up on the fly to present this illusion.

Just remember, when you actually wake up in the server room after trading bodies with someone else, you'll just get shot before you even leave the room.

Elon Musk is just a supreme Marxist faggot with a lot of money. If you gave anyone on Sup Forums a fuckton of money and were like 'invent shit' Sup Forums would buy a shitton of drugs and lolis and make some way more amazing fag shit that would cause Elon to drop to his knees and get to suckin harder than May Li on her 18th birthday

I always had this theory that the reason life clusters together is because of the sake for optimization.

Life that "wanders off" tends to go crazy and/or die.
"X always comes in 3s" maymay.

It would be a legit optimization and it'd still be hard to prove.
Any attempt to prove it could be exclusively set up to prevent them from going crazy / dying or such.
7 billion people can't realistically wander off, so that bits covered.

Pssst, he'll hear you.

Who gives a shit?
Do you also sit on your ass and contemplate gods existance?

The idea isn't a sound one but it's based off of the concept that YOU are the only one in the simulation and everyone else is just window dressing to distract you into thinking that there are other people. Essentially like a single player video game, it's all just for you which is why they wouldn't bother making anything outside your range. Highly autistic thought no doubt and I'm sure a lot of autists genuinely think this... by which I mean they're programmed to because they don't exist.

My other favorite simulation concepts are ones that mimic the above or anything else in this thread, but are completely accidental due to brain damage, stroke, death etc. So in the microsecond before you actually died, your brain died in such a way that it tricked you into living out a million extra years, or some stupid shit. similar into how jet pilots in the crucial seconds in which they're experiencing too many G's for the blood to flow properly, they imagine themselves flying through the clouds naked.

Favorite simulation joke was the semi-recent south park episode where they each start every scene off by saying that they're all in a simulation and they've been sent to rescue him. They immediately respond to this with "Fuck you", but do it in an I-don't-care way, it was hilarious as fuck.

completely off topic but just for kicks my other favorite joke on this is the movie land before time, littlefoot was eaten by the t-rex too instead of just his parents and in order to shield himself from mental trauma while going down his mind shut off and projected this story where he made it out alive and found the great valley. More likely this was someone who was babysitting and forced to watch this movie and had to find a way to make it fun so they would get through it

We'll never know.
Until we die. Maybe.

We don't have the means yet to give a proper answer to that question.

So no one knows.

>Not like we have any way to reach our creators.

Maybe there is a way

>Until we die.
You know I think about this a lot, and it always ends up making me disturbingly excited. I mean how awesome would that be?

A slight extension of the "death simulation" thing is also in relation to quantum immortality.

You will live forever.
But relative to other people, you will die over the course of millions of other timelines.

So, say we fast forward to your 82nd birthday.
In one timeline, that you dies from a sudden heart attack, but the other timeline you live.
Here comes the 117th birthday.
Your heart gives-in in one timeline. In the other, it doesn't.
The "doesn't" could be some weird thing, like death was cured via gene therapy and you became immortal.
In another timeline, 300 years down the line, Yellowstone erupts while you were visiting, in another, it doesn't.
Asteroid hits planet, sun explodes, blackholes, and so on.

Every possible death you have never happens to YOU consciously, but every other person in those timelines does see you die.
You personally never experience any death. All seamless existence.

What is the Matrix?

Free me Morpheus/Neo/Trinity/Cypher!

>by which I mean they're programmed to because they don't exist.
cogito ergo sum niggah

Have you not heard of dynamic memory allocation?

We aren't run on an embedded system where everything has to be allocated!

It would be pretty stupid to think otherwise. Its coming to except that fact is the difficult part.

I think therefore I am?

>I think, therefore I AM. (Allied Mastercomputer)
AM pls go.

An even more annoying thing is if the universe was deterministic.
Even time travel and free will.

That would be a right kick in the dick.
Or not. Who cares. Fuck existence, worst thing to happen to existence.

hate. hate.

Agreed, but who's May Li tho?

Most likely.

>hates everyone
>prints "hate" on all its circuits
>made of circuits
>is a giant computer
>completely out of touch with society
>keeps 6 people alive just to torture them for 100+ years
>is bored because it has nothing else to do
>uses metric
>can't play games outside of a point and click
>rape fantasies
>half of its cpus are in china
AM is Sup Forums

in some ways yes

our reality exists on a interface which interprets visual data. That interface can also create its own ideas shaping the results of the visual data.

FUUUUUUUCK

I would rather compare it to being on an ant farm, where a few of us based on genetics get unplugged from the simulation on occasion, but can reverse engineer it based on that occurrence, if you're lucky enough to know how some of it works.

The problem is if we are intrinsic to the simulation then there is no higher reality to wake up to. If you die that's it there's nothing.

There's no way to escape the simulation either because you are just information that's self-aware. There's no body lying in a bath plugged in somewhere like in a cheesy scifi movie. You are no more real than anything else.

lol how can he sit on his own brain

No, we're not.

It's just semantics. Whether you call it the 'simulation', 'universe', 'mind of God', or whatever, it is whatever it is. Those terms are isomorphic to each other.

By your definition, yes. The same collection of particles pattern that would make up our ideal simulation, is in turn simulating us on the larger scale that we cannot comprehend. Our inability to view the larger scope leaves your question a question, as you cannot confirm your terms of existence other than that your known conscience is obliterated.
Life may be like an AWS cluster or HyperV cluster, that scales as the weight increases on the hypervisor. Similar to how the sun draws in other planets in gravity as its density demands so. Perhaps lifes resource engine similarly defines relative weight and attracts new resources to scale.

>we

Only I am living in a simulation. You are all simulated.